Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you know if it's possible to get our scores for the online tests if we didn't make it through? Has anyone contacted Parity and managed to get them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmak7)
    Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for this thread, very helpful. I'm late with applying because I only finished my MA a week ago and will start my application this weekend! I see that people have recommended applying to many streams at the same time and I have identified 7 I would be interested in, but I have a few questions:

- If I do apply to all 7, do I have to go through 7 different video interviews? If not, what will be different (if anything) in the application process between applying to 1 stream and to 7 streams?

- For the European stream, it says that "you need an A-level C grade or above in any EU state member language other than English or pass a professional language test". Will that definitely include ALL of European languages? I seemed to remember reading that it has to be one of the 'main' European languages like French or German. I am fluent in Greek because I was born and raised in Greece, so would that count?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
    No, it's one video interview. I assume that the interview only really becomes specified in the AC and final selection (unless you're applying to the generalist and another scheme I cant remember the name of).

And yes, it's any of the official languages of the EU. If you're fluent, then you can prove it and wouldn't need the A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caravan_Palace)
    No, it's one video interview. I assume that the interview only really becomes specified in the AC and final selection (unless you're applying to the generalist and another scheme I cant remember the name of).

And yes, it's any of the official languages of the EU. If you're fluent, then you can prove it and wouldn't need the A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Just done the e-tray, was just as difficult as last year's one, which I passed, hope I've passed this one too! I had to rush the last 10 questions or so as only had 10 minutes left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneale)
    Just done the e-tray, was just as difficult as last year's one, which I passed, hope I've passed this one too! I had to rush the last 10 questions or so as only had 10 minutes left
    I found this was so hard! My first time applying although I did an e-tray for KPMG assessment centre and it was nowhere near as hard as this one!

ReputationRep:
    Just gave the E-tray and it was very difficult cause there was too much information to go through I only managed to answer 18 questions so I definitely failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustCharley)
    I found this was so hard! My first time applying although I did an e-tray for KPMG assessment centre and it was nowhere near as hard as this one!
    There is so much information in the e-tray, but it's good preparation for the exercises in the FSAC if you get through because you're bombarded with so much information for each exercise there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay Bee12)
    Just gave the E-tray and it was very difficult cause there was information to go through I only managed to answer 18 questions so I definitely failed
    Not necessarily if you got the majority of them spot on could have easily got the same score as someone who did all of them but perhaps rushed a few. You just don't know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just gave the E-tray and it was very difficult cause there was too much information to go through I only managed to answer 18 questions so I definitely failed
    Don't give up all hope, when I wondered this after i only answered 21 someone replied saying they only answered 16 last year and got through

ReputationRep:
    I got through last year with 16 answers, so I wouldn't worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reassurance guys xx

ReputationRep:
    After completing the Situational Judgment Test, are your results calculated automatically by the system? Or are they reviewed by a person and you receive an email telling you whether you've passed or failed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roshniroxy)
    After completing the Situational Judgment Test, are your results calculated automatically by the system? Or are they reviewed by a person and you receive an email telling you whether you've passed or failed?
    I assume they've already set a pass mark for the SJT so I guess it's automatically calculated; since people who have completed their tests recently get told pretty much immediately. They're still setting out the marks for the E-Tray, so I assume that's being done by person for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caravan_Palace)
    I assume they've already set a pass mark for the SJT so I guess it's automatically calculated; since people who have completed their tests recently get told pretty much immediately. They're still setting out the marks for the E-Tray, so I assume that's being done by person for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

If you fail the SJT would you also get an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roshniroxy)
    Thanks!

If you fail the SJT would you also get an email?
    I assume you'd be told, but I met a person from my uni who applied last year who got "rejection by silence". I hope this still isn't a policy since waiting for months with no news is my defintion of hell. If you don't hear back in a week, I think it'd be best to email them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Did anybody else get that email called 'Meet the fast streamers' that had tips for the assessment centre?

I saw it in my inbox yesterday and got really excited because I saw something from the Civil Service and saw something about the assessment centre.

Why are they sending out emails about the assessment centre when we're not even passed the E-tray yet (and might not pass either)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historicity)
    Did anybody else get that email called 'Meet the fast streamers' that had tips for the assessment centre?

I saw it in my inbox yesterday and got really excited because I saw something from the Civil Service and saw something about the assessment centre.

Why are they sending out emails about the assessment centre when we're not even passed the E-tray yet (and might not pass either)?
    Haha yeah I saw that and had the same train of thought. They could have done with sending that when the results are out.

ReputationRep:
    Just did my etray. It was brutal. Missed a couple of questions out, and there were some where I just couldn't decided what was the best answer :/ found it much harder than last years, but maybe I've just forgotten how bad I found last years :P not expecting much from this, definitely don't think it went well

ReputationRep:
    Yup, definitely failed that..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squash_farmer)
    Just did my etray. It was brutal. Missed a couple of questions out, and there were some where I just couldn't decided what was the best answer :/ found it much harder than last years, but maybe I've just forgotten how bad I found last years :P not expecting much from this, definitely don't think it went well
    I'm hoping that what they'll do is consider overall how well people performed and then figure out a pass rate based on the average scores. So if we all find it difficult then they won't fail all of us!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.