Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    There is a poll 1% are unhappy
    Attachment 557143
    while I dont think there should be another referendum because people didnt get what they want (and I voted remain so not really biased) that 'poll' was based on 1069 people so I imagine is very inaccurate considering in total over 33 million people voted therefore shouldnt be given any credit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmadmax321)
    while I dont think there should be another referendum because people didnt get what they want (and I voted remain so not really biased) that 'poll' was based on 1069 people so I imagine is very inaccurate considering in total over 33 million people voted therefore shouldnt be given any credit
    That's not how polling works.

A bigger population size doesn't necessarily necessitate a bigger sample size.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocrypha)
    If anyone doesnt know. This person only posted part of Farage's statement and not the whole thing, in the same statement Farage stated he never wanted to see a second referendum, as he planned to win the first one, which he did.

Calling for a second referendum would have the whole world laughing at us, im sure the majority of pro remain wouldn't mind that as they lack any form of patriotism or pride in their country whatsoever.
    Another nationalist trying to shame people who disagree with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Given that he promised a referendum in his manifesto, delivered it, and now has said he will deliver the result, I would say that he isn't the one attempting to short-circuit democracy. That would be the people seeking to set aside that entire process.

Your posts bear no relation to reality whatsoever. You live in your own fantasy world, and you do neither your cause nor anyone else any favours by putting forward such shrill, delusional whines as you've been spewing out constantly since the result came in.
    No, he is getting someone else to deliver the result and you can see that the clown is nervous at the prospect of being held to something he didn't really want. How long will our temporary recession be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It needs to be left now, if it was the other way round i doubt the reaction would be the same.
    Democracy is democracy not something that can be changed when we don't like the result

(Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    I voted Remain but I think this petition is pointless. Leave won fair and square - let this be a lesson for people (in general) to take referendums and elections seriously and actually vote. Hopefully it sinks in by the time the next general election is upon us and we don't destroy this country any further.
    Did they, given so many people have openly admitted to having not known what they were voting about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Did they, given so many people have openly admitted to having not known what they were voting about?
    Well from a technical point of view they did because it wasn't rigged. Fair and square doesn't take into account a population's gullibility, ignorance and stupidity I'm afraid. But it is rather worrying how many people voted not knowing what they were voting for and what really pisses me off are the people who voted leave because "they thought it wouldn't count" - in that instance it would've been preferable to NOT vote you idiots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Well from a technical point of view they did because it wasn't rigged. Fair and square doesn't take into account a population's gullibility, ignorance and stupidity I'm afraid. But it is rather worrying how many people voted not knowing what they were voting for and what really pisses me off are the people who voted leave because "they thought it wouldn't count" - in that instance it would've been preferable to NOT vote you idiots!
    It's what you always get in referendums, which is why parts of the Right like them so much.

ReputationRep:
    The Huff is documenting post-referendum racist incidents.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...i5vqfvfs35l8fr

Interesting stuff - racists across the country have clearly felt emboldened and that a Leave vote means that attacking people of other origins than white English is officially sanctioned.

Adam Boulton at Sky reports he has personally witnessed three incidents.
    https://twitter.com/adamboultonSKY/s...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It's what you always get in referendums, which is why parts of the Right like them so much.
    So go live in North Korea or something where they don't hold referendums

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, why worry everyone? So long as Rupe's happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftw93)
    So go live in North Korea or something where they don't hold referendums
    Perhaps you've not noticed they also don't have an elected parliament or political parties?

What do you suppose Parliament is for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Perhaps you've not noticed they also don't have an elected parliament or political parties?
    I'm sure you'd love it there
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by the IT MAN)
    Well the shame really is the younger generation didn't bother voting.

If under 34s had turned-out Remain would have won, albeit narrowly.

And Leave would be calling for a 2nd Referendum...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If they didn't bother voting the first time they don't deserve a second chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the IT MAN)
    That older generation has, by far and large, passed away. Futile point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Somehow I don't think there'd be quite as much uproar if we'd have chosen to stay.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there any stats on the % of voters who were under 25? I've only seen the stats going around that 75% chose remain etc etc.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by A Slice of Pi)
    Somehow I don't think there'd be quite as much uproar if we'd have chosen to stay.
    Oh I'm quite certain Farage would be stirring up a huge amount of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.