Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.67%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.24%

ReputationRep:
    I managed to waste 2 lures today. I caught a few pokemon, but definitely not enough to justify it. Kept on getting errors, or the game would just stop doing anything when the pokemon was in the ball...
    Niantic need to up their game with their damn servers...

ReputationRep:
    EVERY ****ING TIME I TRAVEL SOMEHWERE EXCITING THE SERVERS DIE. I just want to play Pokemon... I'm stuck on level 6 cos the servers fail when I want to use it and I never get a bloody chance

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else have the same problem as me, where they live in the middle of nowhere, with no Pokéstops or Pokémon nearby? My nearest Pokestop is 3 miles away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam0324)
    Anybody else have the same problem as me, where they live in the middle of nowhere, with no Pokéstops or Pokémon nearby? My nearest Pokestop is 3 miles away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    similar issue
    But my nearest is a bit closer
    I sometimes get pokemon but theyre always the same and always shite
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pidgey
    weedle
    nah mate just nah :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    EVERY ****ING TIME I TRAVEL SOMEHWERE EXCITING THE SERVERS DIE. I just want to play Pokemon... I'm stuck on level 6 cos the servers fail when I want to use it and I never get a bloody chance
    Exactly the same here! I thought I was alone

ReputationRep:
    Icebreaker: What's your starter Pokémon?!

Squirtle is mine but I wish I had known about Pikachu

What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?

A second squirtle appeared two days ago!

I really can't wait to go to London in early August to catch more rare ones though. The problems with living in a rural area hahaha

What team have you chosen?

I've just gotten to level 5 (I live in a rural area so it's harder to level up) and I don't know which team to pick. The gym is in a bit of a dodgy area (read: very dodgy area) so I actually want investigate if I can request another gym opening up in my village because I don't like the idea of children going down there. I don't feel safe myself! There are some questionable characters and it's way out of the public eye so if there was any trouble, there would not be many people onlooking who would be able to help out.

I'm caught between which to pick though! Anyone fancy giving me a hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earlylifecrisis)
    Exactly the same here! I thought I was alone
    It's let me log in now, but when I open the shop it's just a blank page. I wanted an incense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Thanks!

What about be a high level eve? I have one at 107cp.
    Like 200-300

ReputationRep:
    that feeling when you haven't got any pokeballs left because they keep escaping from the ball and then you find a pokemon you haven't got that you need but you dont have any pokeballs
    There are no pokestops nearby
    Spoiler:
    Show
    FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    similar issue
    But my nearest is a bit closer
    I sometimes get pokemon but theyre always the same and always shite
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pidgey
    weedle
    nah mate just nah :shakecane:
    Yeah, I'm the same. The very few Pokémon I find are either pidgeys or weedles. 😤

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam0324)
    Yeah, I'm the same. The very few Pokémon I find are either pidgeys or weedles. 😤
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    so frustrating
    Do you guys have a glitch where you try to stand near or around shaking grass/leafy patches but it doesn't seem to register it and no Pokémon come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Do you guys have a glitch where you try to stand near or around shaking grass/leafy patches but it doesn't seem to register it and no Pokémon come up?
    Loads

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The game seems to be breaking every 5 minutes for me. I ran out off all my poke-balls ... the nearest poke-stop in my area is 30 minutes away. I walked there twice today and both times the poke-stop didn't appear. It didn't even count the km for my eggs.

ReputationRep:
    Those bits only indicate places were pokemon typically spawn so standing near one doesn't mean a pokemon will automatically appear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earlylifecrisis)
    Those bits only indicate places were pokemon typically spawn so standing near one doesn't mean a pokemon will automatically appear.
    Is that the case? I thought it was like the games where there's a Pokémon in shaking grass, but that's fair enough, and it makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes yeah
    not often tho
    I get the one where I catch a pokemon and the ball stays there and it freezes, i do not receive said pokemon
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    sometimes yeah
    not often tho
    I get the one where I catch a pokemon and the ball stays there and it freezes, i do not receive said pokemon
    :emo:
    I have that all the time and I hate it so much!

Sometimes, though, it just kind of freezes after it has shaken 3 times, so when I do restart the game, I do get it, but it's frustrating nonetheless...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)

Sometimes, though, it just kind of freezes after it has shaken 3 times, so when I do restart the game, I do get it, but it's frustrating nonetheless...
    Oh, I have a trick for that! It happened to me when I was trying to catch a Seel today, and as I live in a rural pidgey-populated area, a Seel was a pretty big deal.

Here is what I do -

Turn on airplane mode
    Close the app completely (on iPhone, swipe the screen up as to make sure it’s all closed down)
    Go back to the app keeping airplane mode off
    Now, when you’re on the loading screen, log back in (it’ll say ‘sign’)
    The Pokémon you were trying to catch as the app froze should be in your Pokedex etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)

well im glad im not alone but at the same time
    :cry2:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.