Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanman123)
    Tbh, it would feel pretty good turning Cambridge down. But just annoys me because I sabotaged all my other choices just to apply to a uni I don't want to go to. Is the Manchester open day a proper interview, I've heard its a joke. Apparently your pretty much guaranteed a place if you're invited to an open day.
    Wait so the manchester interview for chem eng is just an open day???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    what's the book you have written at ps. i have listed a book about eigenvectors, laplace transforms , and one with third law of TM last year lol. didn't understand it at all.
    I just looked at the cambridge reading list, i said ive read 'intro to chemical engineering: tools for today and tomorrow' and i cant remember the other one. Ive only read 2 chapters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OfficialChemist)
    I think so, the admissions man said theres a 15 min interview. Apparantpy bham are giving out quite a few unconditional offes but im not sure if that includes the chem eng department.

ReputationRep:
    It's basically a way of trying to convince applicants to choose Manchester over other uni's, 90% of all interview holders basically get an offer and there is an interview, but it's more of a chat apparently. I have mine this Wednesday, so I'll see if this is actually true or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML8020)
    Yup
    No interview required, I got the AAA offer straight away
    (Tbh I was surprised too, thought they need one)

Yep
    Received offers from both Imperial (A*A*AA) and UCL (AAA)
    My UCAS was sent off on 7/10
    UCL's offer came on 3/11
    Imperial's offer came on 8/11 (following an interview on 26/10)
    As for Cambridge, they will send out interview invitations shortly (after 14/11 according to the ask an admission tutor thread?) so let's wait for a while longer.
    Hope that helps.
    You've just killed me off man, proper pooing myself now. Havent heard anything from ucl or imperial. Have bath given out any offers yet? What subjects are u taking and wat AS grades/A2 predictions.

ReputationRep:
    I think so, the admissions man said theres a 15 min interview. Apparantpy bham are giving out quite a few unconditional offes but im not sure if that includes the chem eng department.
    When i went to their open day, Birmingham said they dont tend to give out unconditional for chem eng yunnoe

ReputationRep:
    You've just killed me off man, proper pooing myself now. Havent heard anything from ucl or imperial. Have bath given out any offers yet? What subjects are u taking and wat AS grades/A2 predictions.
    Sorry bro didn't mean to create any anxiety XD

I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    Achieved 4 As in AS (some are unofficial internal exams though as they are reformed) and is predicted 4 A*s so I would say grades might make a difference in time needed to receive a reply.

I didn't apply to Bath so I don't know much about it. Best of luck to your applications too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML8020)
    Sorry bro didn't mean to create any anxiety XD

I am studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    Achieved 4 As in AS (some are unofficial internal exams though as they are reformed) and is predicted 4 A*s so I would say grades might make a difference in time needed to receive a reply.

I didn't apply to Bath so I don't know much about it. Best of luck to your applications too.
    Ur mad u are, i got 3 As and a B. Dropped physics cos the teaching sucks, im predicted A*A*A in maths chem and fmaths.ill be happy if i get an offer from bath, not too fussed anymore.

ReputationRep:
    nottingham is the best uni out of all which gives out unconditional offers for chem eng

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes lads, i've sent off applications to Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Leeds & UCL for chemical engineering (MENG), anyone else applied to these uni's, and how long do they take to reply???
    I'm applying for Manchester and UCL. I sent mine off on 7th Nov, and Manchester got back with an interview 4 days later, so fingers crossed. My friend got an offer for Birmingham and UCL 2 weeks after she sent it in October

ReputationRep:
    The average applicants like me with A*AA haven't heard back from Bath and UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BluntBluster)
    The average applicants like me with A*AA haven't heard back from Bath and UCL
    Some people with 4 A*'s haven't heard back from Bath, relax these things take time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Some people with 4 A*'s haven't heard back from Bath, relax these things take time
    Thanks man, that actually helped alot.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for surrey? Have their applicant day on the 7th Dec!

ReputationRep:
    i heard from bath at march and i got 4A* prediction haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of just withdrawing my application to Bath. Already got an unconditional from Birmingham and pretty much guaranteed an unconditional from Imperial as well hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of just withdrawing my application to Bath. Already got an unconditional from Birmingham and pretty much guaranteed an unconditional from Imperial as well hahaha
    Can you get an unconditional from imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Can you get an unconditional from imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can if you already know your grades.

ReputationRep:
    Are you already at uni?thought u were applying this year

ReputationRep:
    Are you already at uni?thought u were applying this year
    no i'm in 'college' haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.