Turn on thread page Beta

The Torchwood Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He was there last saturday....so fret not Rennie

ReputationRep:
    That is true... but it would still be nice to meet him.

ReputationRep:
    I would've gone but I had to work an hour after it finished and I didn't want to spend money on an audio book which I had no interest in. I heard that he's been invited to The Hub but cos of the filming dates of Torchwood he's unsure.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true they're not sure there's going to be another series of Torchwood/it's going to be made more child-friendly? Both would really suck, but I haven't anything to back either up.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that rumour too theredsox. It would be really rubbish if they did make it child friendly. It just wouldn't be the same...

Plus, there would be uproar if there was even the slightest hint of Captain Jack & Ianto's relationship. I can imagine the headlines in The Daily Mail now "Torchwood encourages our children (that are being bullied by immigrants) to take up homosexuality after onscreen hug". :rolleyes:

If they do make it child friendly I will probably still continue to watch it, for other reasons. I just love... the city of Cardiff...

ReputationRep:
    there were hints at Jack & Ianto in the last 2 dr who episodes, although you probley wouldnt have noticed them if you dont watch Torchwood :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    there were hints at Jack & Ianto in the last 2 dr who episodes, although you probley wouldnt have noticed them if you dont watch Torchwood :p: lol
    i noticed them although i did have to explain them to my friend who doesnt watch torchwood!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theredsox)
    Is it true they're not sure there's going to be another series of Torchwood/it's going to be made more child-friendly? Both would really suck, but I haven't anything to back either up.
    I've heard that the first one is more accurate, according to Showmasters Forums. I posted some info in a spoiler a few pages back.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I hope it isn't true though.

I need my fix of Jack and Ianto sex :p:

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day it wasnt made for a younger audience and therefore shouldnt change.I dont think it would be the same, no swearing, no violence and no sex........equals no Torchwood.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that would completely suck. Doctor Who is already there for the younger audience and they do a damn good job already! They don't need Torchwood too!

ReputationRep:
    Well said! They've got 'The Sarah Jane Adventures', Doctor who is for children and adults, and then Torchwood is just for adults... that's the way it should stay!

Eeek.. I really shouldn't be on here thinking about Torchwood. I have my UKCAT on Saturday..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    Well said! They've got 'The Sarah Jane Adventures', Doctor who is for children and adults, and then Torchwood is just for adults... that's the way it should stay!

Eeek.. I really shouldn't be on here thinking about Torchwood. I have my UKCAT on Saturday..
    Future med student Rennie?. Good Luck for saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Future med student Rennie?. Good Luck for saturday
    Hopefully, but I am very doubtful now. One of the best students I know didn't get into medicine.... she got offers but her grades were predicted too high so she didn't get in. It's really awful. Medicine is just so competitive... and I just don't think I'm good enough to even be considered... however... I will get over it. If I don't get in, I won't give up. I'll be back every year trying again :p:

Thanks, I shall need all the luck I can get

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, Rennie! I'm a med student - I don't know if you knew that. Keep your chin up! PM me if you think I'll be of any help at all.

I have to say, it wasn't until the Doctor Who finale that we just had that I realised the actress who plays Gwen Cooper was ever in Doctor Who!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theredsox)
    Good luck, Rennie! I'm a med student - I don't know if you knew that. Keep your chin up! PM me if you think I'll be of any help at all.

I have to say, it wasn't until the Doctor Who finale that we just had that I realised the actress who plays Gwen Cooper was ever in Doctor Who!
    No, I didn't know that. Thank you

Ah, yeah, Eve Myles was in Doctor Who. I wondered if they were ever going to explain that and I figured they might have to if the doctor ever met her. I'm glad they did and didn't just pretend it had never happened. Especially as they had, essentially, the same name! :p:

ReputationRep:
    When was Gwen in Doctor Who? I must've missed it.

Good luck Rennie!

ReputationRep:
    She was in 'The unquiet dead' from 'New Who' series 1 with Christopher Eccleston. The one with the funeral parlour.

Ahh.. my UKCAT is in less than 3 hours!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I didn't watch a lot of s1 when it was on. Gonna have to watch that one.

How was it?

ReputationRep:
    It was alright. I think series 2 was probably better... but that would probably be because of a certain Mr Ten-inch :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.