The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely turned off Lamela now Spurs have signed Sissoko & NKoudou. Can see a lot of rotation and Pochettino is hardly going to drop Eriksen or Alli. Need to look for another mid priced midfielder.

ReputationRep:
    Are people transferring Aguero out? Presumably I've already missed a price drop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Are people transferring Aguero out? Presumably I've already missed a price drop?
    I was gonna play WC since "apparently" Stones, Walker and Snodgrass were all injured, however they all played yesterday. I don't see any major advantage of wild carding now unless you barely have a starting XI.

So I've benched Aguero for now and I will have a decent squad anyway. You're better off WCing him back in in my opinion so if you're gonna get rid now, make it a FT.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero already dropped by 0.1 last night. Could drop more. 3 match ban but 2 in PL, but I guess many will think it's 3 PL matches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Aguero already dropped by 0.1 last night. Could drop more. 3 match ban but 2 in PL, but I guess many will think it's 3 PL matches?
    Yeah I'm toying with just benching him for the 2 GWs...I've already wildcarded so could be carnage trying to get him back in later.

Though the flip side though would be if he drops to 12.9 or lower you could end up with a cheeky 0.1 or 0.2 extra in the bank, but I have no idea how likely that is to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Personally used my 2fts to swap out guero and cout (who has grim fixtures) for Sanchez and Lukaku giving me 1.5 itb.

Will probably beef up my keeper or a mid for next week with the extra capital thej wildcard to get Aguero back in

ReputationRep:
    Personally took a 4pt hit taking Aguero and Gray out for Lukaku and Costa and I'll just wait 2 GW's, saving my transfer and than bring Aguero back in and some other cheap striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Personally took a 4pt hit taking Aguero and Gray out for Lukaku and Costa and I'll just wait 2 GW's, saving my transfer and than bring Aguero back in and some other cheap striker.
    I'm shipping out Aguero, trying to decide between:

Lukaku £9m (easy fixtures)
    Benteke £7.4m (easy fixtures)

Lukaku hasn't scored in the Prem for ages whereas Beneteke is unproven, but I can't see any other candidates. i don't have Ibrahimovic but the Manchester derby could be a stalemate with Jose involved.

This would free up a lot of cash, and I could then upgrade my fourth midfielder (Kante) to Sterling or De Bruyne for the following week when they are away to Swansea.

Thoughts appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm completely turned off Lamela now Spurs have signed Sissoko & NKoudou. Can see a lot of rotation and Pochettino is hardly going to drop Eriksen or Alli. Need to look for another mid priced midfielder.
    I find Tottenham midfielders too hard to predict, similar to Liverpool midfielders, you can never be sure they'll start.

I think Barkeley could be a good option - guaranteed to start and Everton have an easy run.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll be swapping Aguero out for Benteke (for a hit) this gw, and then Barkley in for Fischer ahead of next gw on a free.

Will somehow wildcard Aguero in later after the next intl break (end of September is it?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncan_h)

Lukaku hasn't scored in the Prem for ages whereas Beneteke is unproven, but I can't see any other candidates. i don't have Ibrahimovic but the Manchester derby could be a stalemate with Jose involved.

This would free up a lot of cash, and I could then upgrade my fourth midfielder (Kante) to Sterling or De Bruyne for the following week when they are away to Swansea.

Thoughts appreciated!
    I've gone for big Rom based on the fact that he hasn't scored yet, the guy seems to go in bursts and with his fixtures I think he'll grab a few. The midfielder option sounds good, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    I've gone for big Rom based on the fact that he hasn't scored yet, the guy seems to go in bursts and with his fixtures I think he'll grab a few. The midfielder option sounds good, however.
    Lukaku is a nightmare to own because he'll do **** all for weeks then score 23pts from nowhere. I don't want him but there's no real alternatives.

If Iheanacho was guaranteed to start I'd just get him for 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Lukaku is a nightmare to own because he'll do **** all for weeks then score 23pts from nowhere. I don't want him but there's no real alternatives.

If Iheanacho was guaranteed to start I'd just get him for 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Iheanacho is a definitely a dark horse for the next couple of weeks, he always looks capable of pinching a goal.

I just can't resist not having Lukaku against Sunderland, Everton have looked decent so far, as well.

ReputationRep:
    Been lazy and just picked Lukaku to replace Aguero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Been lazy and just picked Lukaku to replace Aguero.
    If you have the FT to replace Aguero, why not?
    However keep in mind that when he returns, you're gonna wanna put him back in so that would be a good time to WC if you've dispersed the extra money.

I'm doing Payet to Sterling since the former has barely played a game and the latter looks exceptional under Pep.
    Was gonna do it the week before which sucks because I missed out on a load of points and now everybody else is gonna put him in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Think I'll be swapping Aguero out for Benteke (for a hit) this gw, and then Barkley in for Fischer ahead of next gw on a free.

Will somehow wildcard Aguero in later after the next intl break (end of September is it?)
    Doing the same, took the plunge and decided on Benteke rather than Lukaku. Will give me just enough money to then bring in De Bruyne in place of Kante for the next week's free transfer.

Feel like Lukaku has a lot of goals in him at some point especially with Koeman in charge, will use the wildcard in a 2-3 GWs to bring back in Aguero and can always re-assess them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    If you have the FT to replace Aguero, why not?
    However keep in mind that when he returns, you're gonna wanna put him back in so that would be a good time to WC if you've dispersed the extra money.

I'm doing Payet to Sterling since the former has barely played a game and the latter looks exceptional under Pep.
    Was gonna do it the week before which sucks because I missed out on a load of points and now everybody else is gonna put him in.
    Yea I've got Payet too but my team isn't so bad to justify the WC right now. Will probably try to use in a few weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    Going All out attack this week with the 2 man defence, so hoping for big things.

FF is so much more fun when Aguero isn't playing, it opens everything out so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncan_h)

Thoughts appreciated!
    Benteke proved himself at Villa, the worst club to have played in the PL in the last few years, so I think he'll be fine. Good fixtures too. You'll want Aguero back in two weeks, though.

(Original post by sr90)
    Well Lamela is out of the weekend's game so I'll probably ditch him and Aguero. Maybe even Gray too. We shall see.

Alli was dropped the other week but it won't happen again.*

ReputationRep:
    Played my wildcard this week and I keep on second guessing myself... its infuriating! Opinions on my team:

Mandanda
    Mcauley, Williams, Koné, Shaw
    Sterling, Wilshere, Capoue, Ozil
    Benteke, Ibrahimovic

Bench: Foster, Barragan, Redmond, Aguero

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.