The Commons Bar Mk XIII - MHoC Chat Thread

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    It's almost like women are as capable as men and will be judged on their work in these parties.
    I agree, there are a group of self-labelled progressives who like to think they are not sexist, but have the view women are weaker than men, need special treatment, need to be taught how to do things, cannot compete against men, and cannot do the same things as a man can do. In their attempt to be progressive, and push for equality, these backward, self-labelled progressives have formed a sexist, patronising view of women which has led to the infection of special treatment in society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I agree, there are a group of self-labelled progressives who like to think they are not sexist, but have the view women are weaker than men, need special treatment, need to be taught how to do things, cannot compete against men, and cannot do the same things as a man can do. In their attempt to be progressive, and push for equality, these backward, self-labelled progressives have formed a sexist, patronising view of women which has led to the infection of special treatment in society.
    Never thought I'd be saying this, but hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Preparing to move into halls tomorrow is a hell of a lot more work than I thought it would be. Really excited to just get started now though, got freshers starting tomorrow night, and Labour Conference starting in seven days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Preparing to move into halls tomorrow is a hell of a lot more work than I thought it would be. Really excited to just get started now though, got freshers starting tomorrow night, and Labour Conference starting in seven days.
    Just for interest, I was looking at university checklists the other day and the amount of things it says you should bring is staggering. I hope the move goes well.

ReputationRep:
    Hope all goes OK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Just for interest, I was looking at university checklists the other day and the amount of things it says you should bring is staggering. I hope the move goes well.
    The one on TSR isn't even complete. There is loads (I've got a total of 7 crates)

Have fun!!! What uni are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hope all goes OK!
    Cheers!

I have something like two suitcases, a shopping trolley and two or three bags for life full of stuff to take, if I was going further I'd have to take even more stuff

(Original post by Aph)
    The one on TSR isn't even complete. There is loads (I've got a total of 7 crates)

Have fun!!! What uni are you going to?
    Brunel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I've got a total of 7 crates
    I have something like two suitcases, a shopping trolley and two or three bags for life full of stuff to take, if I was going further I'd have to take even more stuff
    Gosh. :eek: That is a lot of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh. :eek: That is a lot of stuff.
    You are essentially moving house though...

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick note to people going to university: if you're staying in halls, probably don't bother bringing stuff other people will bring (and be happy for you to share). This applies to things like kettles and toasters especially.

Also, remember you're living in a place with shops, not some bubble. You're perfectly entitled to go and buy things if you find out you need them.

With that said, I usually ended up bringing 2 suitcases + 2 large boxes of stuff each year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You are essentially moving house though...
    That's true

ReputationRep:
    Please return the shopping trolley once you have finished with it. Please also remember not to leave things such as phones on charge all night.

Good luck to all who start uni this week.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Just a quick note to people going to university: if you're staying in halls, probably don't bother bringing stuff other people will bring (and be happy for you to share). This applies to things like kettles and toasters especially.

Also, remember you're living in a place with shops, not some bubble. You're perfectly entitled to go and buy things if you find out you need them.

With that said, I usually ended up bringing 2 suitcases + 2 large boxes of stuff each year.
    I could cut down what I am bringing tbf, but I'd rather be the person who brings too much than end up in halls as someone who didn't bring enough and nor did anyone else

(Original post by barnetlad)
    Please return the shopping trolley once you have finished with it. Please also remember not to leave things such as phones on charge all night.

Good luck to all who start uni this week.*
    It's not a trolley from a supermarket or anywhere to be clear, it's one of those 'Granny' things, which you take out and put your shopping in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)

Exactly what I bring too and I'd say I'm something of a minimalist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    One day, perhaps that will be achieved. :moon:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl: I might be a centrist, but I think I am slowly leaning centre right. You will have to pass such a thing without my support. Unless there is tea involved. Or biscuits. Or Irish freedom. Take your pick of bribery.
    Noooo! Centre-left is clearly where it's at.Lefties are more likely to go in for the whole 'Irish freedom' thing. Other lefties though.

You know sometimes I feel like I'm becoming more 'moderate' but then I read something written by the right-winger here (e.g. UU) and find myself so utterly repelled that it pushes me back on the red side.

ps. replied here 'cos cba to discuss 'promissory oaths'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Noooo! Centre-left is clearly where it's at.Lefties are more likely to go in for the whole 'Irish freedom' thing. Other lefties though. You know sometimes I feel like I'm becoming more 'moderate' but then I read something written by the right-winger here (e.g. UU) and find myself so utterly repelled that it pushes me back on the red side. ps. replied here 'cos cba to discuss 'promissory oaths'
    My Irish freedom thing will never leave me. Honestly, it's like engraved in my body. You don't need to worry there. I will never go fully right wing, mainly because of what I read here (thanks UKIP).

PS Thanks for quoting me here. I had no clue that we had a new Bar chat. Just shows how little I have been around recently. Embarrassing. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    My Irish freedom thing will never leave me. Honestly, it's like engraved in my body. You don't need to worry there. I will never go fully right wing, mainly because of what I read here (thanks UKIP).

PS Thanks for quoting me here. I had no clue that we had a new Bar chat. Just shows how little I have been around recently. Embarrassing. :getmecoat:
    We're 36 pages in and you didn't notice? You're not shaking off the old TSR addiction are you? That would be deeply concerning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    We're 36 pages in and you didn't notice? You're not shaking off the old TSR addiction are you? That would be deeply concerning.
    Looks like I am...

Tbf, I have been rather busy. I am back to classes. Gyming. Medicating. I open TSR, stalk some threads, post in my Gym thread, and then I'm away again.

How I did not notice though is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I am...

Tbf, I have been rather busy. I am back to classes. Gyming. Medicating. I open TSR, stalk some threads, post in my Gym thread, and then I'm away again.

How I did not notice though is beyond me.
    Sounds healthier than here.

To be fair, parliamentary drunkenness has been undergoing an assault thanks to the long overdue reforms introduced by myself and my colleagues. We'll have every MP drinking only (unspiked) coffee before you know it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.