Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can we get to 2016 posts before Results Day 2016? Watch

Starbucks and Apple, infamous tax dodgers too.

ReputationRep:
    If £250,000 is chicken feed for Boris Johnson then £32768 must be worm feed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Starbucks and Apple, infamous tax dodgers too.
    Shhh. It is those welfare scroungers who are the enemy

ReputationRep:
    Even after all this *******s I still trail by 179 posts

Wonder when sean will resume.

Grade boundaries for Physics are really low.

ReputationRep:
    Theresa May has announced a groundbreaking scheme to dramatically cut education costs. Nationwide grammar schools will be built, such that every child is in reasonable proximity to one. Those who pass their 11+ will gain entry to the prestigious institutions, while those who do not will be streamed into newly set up workhouses. They will, assuming reasonable health, live to around 30 under the demanding conditions, also partially solving the problem of our ageing population. Truly a master stroke from our new leader.

Don't know if the new specifications is a good thing or not.

ReputationRep:
    Asked about the new plans, Theresa May said "It's all about social mobility for our brightest and best. Indeed, former grammar school attendees often reach influential and coveted positions. Remind you of anyone? As to the rest, well, a pity. Naturally we do not wish to infringe on individual liberties, so there is a bailout system. A minimum of £100,000; quite modest, of course. We do think that even those less gifted should be able to contribute to society, and our brand new workhouses provide them fabulous opportunities to do so. One most confess that it is win-win, wherever he or she stands, don't you agree?"

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if the new specifications is a good thing or not.
    I haven't seen any; any key changes been noted or would someone have to sift through it to get an idea?

But I'm glad I got a head start on AS Biology. So I can set the grade boundaries higher.

ReputationRep:
    Damn this thread is more dead than Hillary Clinton's soul

ReputationRep:
    But I'm glad I got a head start on AS Biology. So I can set the grade boundaries higher.
    I personally could never be glad of commencing study of biology earlier than necessary

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I haven't seen any; any key changes been noted or would someone have to sift through it to get an idea?
    The AS qualification is a stand alone qualification now. So it doesn't contribute to your A-level grade whatsoever. You could get all U's in all your AS subjects then get all A* at A-level.

ReputationRep:
    The night is dark and full of terrors

I personally could never be glad of commencing study of biology earlier than necessary
    But the content is massive. Also I like it.

ReputationRep:
    The AS qualification is a stand alone qualification now. So it doesn't contribute to your A-level grade whatsoever. You could get all U's in all your AS subjects then get all A* at A-level.
    Oh yeah I knew that. I was just wondering about content I guess

Oh yeah I knew that. I was just wondering about content I guess
    Maybe they just include more AS knowledge in the A-levels exam or something I guess.

ReputationRep:
    But the content is massive. Also I like it.
    I just had bad experiences of biology at GCSE. The teachers tried their best to make it interminably boring. Hence I am conditioned to dislike the thought, I suppose...

But 71/75 for FP3 must be disheartening to many hopeful mathematicians.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.