The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've just discovered there's a spin-off of Dr Who with Captain Jack- Torchwood...is it any good? I did like Captain Jack, smarmy as he was. Can't wait til he's back!
Reply 701
*Joanna*
I've just discovered there's a spin-off of Dr Who with Captain Jack- Torchwood...is it any good? I did like Captain Jack, smarmy as he was. Can't wait til he's back!

You.... just found out?! :eek: It's been through it's first season.

Well put it this way, it is pretty dire, but i'm going to keep watching. Take that as you will. (Btw, all the eps are uploaded to a little known video site beginning with Y).
Well I only saw Dr Who for the first time three weeks ago, and I live in a little bubble at uni. Found it on the uni network sharing thing so am downloading it now. I wait with baited breath!
*Joanna*

:eek: he's not smarmy! Captain Jack: :love:
Oooh, I quite like Torchwood :biggrin: It's kinda Dr Who for grown ups. Well, the one I just watched was, it was the sex-requring alien parasite one! Wonder if I can get Saturday's Dr Who yet...

But Kitty_koo...I do agree with you, there is something about Captain Jack! :p:
*Joanna*
Oooh, I quite like Torchwood :biggrin: It's kinda Dr Who for grown ups. Well, the one I just watched was, it was the sex-requring alien parasite one!

i hated that episode, it was made worse coz my dad and brother were in the same room while that scene was on (you know which one i mean,lol)
kitty_koo
i hated that episode, it was made worse coz my dad and brother were in the same room while that scene was on (you know which one i mean,lol)

Lol, the advantage of being at uni. No embarassment!

Just watched the most recent episode. NEED to see the next one!
the last 2 episodes are the best (especially "Captain Jack Harkness" :P)
Reply 708
I think that the last two episodes are pretty weak, then again i did have tonsilitis when i watched them so i was heavily drugged up :p:

My two favourites are Out of Time and They Keep Killing Suzie.
Reply 709
*Joanna*
Oooh, I quite like Torchwood :biggrin: It's kinda Dr Who for grown ups. Well, the one I just watched was, it was the sex-requring alien parasite one! Wonder if I can get Saturday's Dr Who yet...

But Kitty_koo...I do agree with you, there is something about Captain Jack! :p:

I didn't really like that one so much. It was like RTD was saying "woo, we're post-watershed! Therefore we must have lots and lots of sex, because that's what all post-watershed programmes on the telly must do! Woo!"

Though I did quite enjoy the rest of the series. Still think Doctor Who is better, though. I can't wait till Captain Jack's back in episode 11 :biggrin:
*42*
I didn't really like that one so much. It was like RTD was saying "woo, we're post-watershed! Therefore we must have lots and lots of sex, because that's what all post-watershed programmes on the telly must do! Woo!"

Though I did quite enjoy the rest of the series. Still think Doctor Who is better, though. I can't wait till Captain Jack's back in episode 11 :biggrin:

Sex, blood and death...What was your problem with it again...? Sounds fine to me.
Reply 711
stepheh

i dont believe that, they make stories up such as the Freema Agyeman apparently being dropped from the next series
The BBC have denied this (unsurprisingly), however they have said that Russell T Davies may be considering leaving. This is from mediaguardian.co.uk
spiritofsussex
The BBC have denied this (unsurprisingly), however they have said that Russell T Davies may be considering leaving. This is from mediaguardian.co.uk

because it would be such a shame if Russell T Davies left....not :laugh:
kitty_koo
because it would be such a shame if Russell T Davies left....not :laugh:

Indeed. His only good story was Tooth and Claw from the second series.

Idiotic man.
Reply 716
Dinendal Leralonde
Sex, blood and death...What was your problem with it again...? Sounds fine to me.

My problem wasn't really that it was in the programme, more that they felt they had to show off about it... Meh. It's difficult to explain exactly what I mean, so just ignore it...

And as for RTD leaving - please don't forget that he was one of the main people responsible for bringing back Doctor Who in the first place. But I agree, he's not exactly the best scriptwriter. Prefer Stephen Moffat.
Reply 717
I think Human Nature was honestly one of the best episodes of the season, it was weird, creepy and I loved Harry Lloyd in it. The Jack Straws are cool too.

Granted, the season has been fairly weak but I think this episode stood out well.
And we finally got a bit of smooching! I was just like 'it's about bloody time!' Bless him, so sweet as a dopey human.
*42*
My problem wasn't really that it was in the programme, more that they felt they had to show off about it... Meh. It's difficult to explain exactly what I mean, so just ignore it...

And as for RTD leaving - please don't forget that he was one of the main people responsible for bringing back Doctor Who in the first place

yes, we know he's the one to blame :p:

Latest