Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language B - ENB5 - The Big Pre-release Thread! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which pack of pre-release are you focusing on?
    The Pendle Witches
    27.43%
    Dyslexia
    41.59%
    Both
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaketurner)
    which one did u do then?
    I did the horrifying death trap question 2. I was toying over doing question four, but eventually decided that i'd have a go at that one...

Regretted it half way through though... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i did question 3! the radio 4 script

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairylight)
    i did question 3! the radio 4 script
    Phew, i'm not the only one who didn't do question 4 then

I need to find someone else who did question two :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha true! most people in my school did either question 3 or question 4! dyslexia all the way

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4.

ReputationRep:
    I did question 2!

And.. I liked it. It wasn't that bad, I just ran out of time and did a 5 minute descriptive (hardly any analysis) commentary.

What did you do for the activity bit?

I put "Class re-enactment" where the class act out the trials, etc. I suggested a trip to Pendle Hill and then something about setting the kids a task to create their own posters.

ReputationRep:
    Question 3 FTW!

That was so good, we basically planned for a Radio 4 script days ago on here.

(Original post by jaketurner)
    wow last comment before and first after! and i did make it on the petrol i had! woo, that went ok except i think i wrote far too much, what question did people do? garantee it was number 4 for most people lol x do they stop marking after 1000 words? cos i think i may have tripled that.
    lol nice one mate, but seriously get some petrol
    i pretty much tripled the word count too.. hopefully thats not a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol)
    Question 3 FTW!

That was so good, we basically planned for a Radio 4 script days ago on here :P
    exactly! we're amazing

ReputationRep:

Question two

I knew pendle witches would be Kids or radio 4. I nearly cried

I failed...again.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think ive written enough, might have only been 800 words. will this effect my mark alot??

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4 was debating whether to choose 2 or 4 then decided on Q.4! Who else did question 4?

ReputationRep:
    I really wanted a radio 4 task for Pendle Witches - I'm soooo happy! Therefore, unsurprisingly I did question 1 - the dramatised documentary about the build up to and the trails of the witches.

Hope I did OK - thought it went really well in the exam but I always question myself afterwards! Nothing I can do about it now though. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocahontis)
    i dont think ive written enough, might have only been 800 words. will this effect my mark alot??
    I don't think they mark you down specifically due to that.
    The word count is only a guide line, 800 isn't far off and if it's good quality then you shouldn't have any problem..

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4. It's so hard to know how it went though! I was writing until the very end! I think I might have gone over the word count... I'm so glad that one came up. I couldn't have done the witches ones, which is good because I didn't prepare those sources!

ReputationRep:
    Did question 4, apparently my written form is very mature for my age so felt magazine article for parents was the best one for me. Cheers to the person who posted the guidelines for the commentary and also that CRAP'EM thing, really helped a lot and may have helped me gain the grades I need. CCC. Hope everyone did well as this thread became my home for the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    Two Radio 4 questions - I couldn't have asked for anymore! That said, I did question 4:p: I thought question 3 was a bit of a trap.

I don't think I'll have gotten an A, nor a B for that paper actually, but I'd be over the moon with a C! Would be a nice surprise on results day instead of the D I got in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairylight)
    exactly! we're amazing
    haha yeah pretty good guess by you lot!
    how much did you write?
    I ended up with 2 pages planning, 6 pages of scripting and a 1.5 of commentary - rushed second half with bullets :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    For question 4 which stuff did you include? like what kind of sections did you do? conventions? stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 753951)
    I did question 2!

And.. I liked it. It wasn't that bad, I just ran out of time and did a 5 minute descriptive (hardly any analysis) commentary.

What did you do for the activity bit?

I put "Class re-enactment" where the class act out the trials, etc. I suggested a trip to Pendle Hill and then something about setting the kids a task to create their own posters.
    Oh you star! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one

That activity sounds ace, I did one called "Which Witch is Which", which was to do with the witch families, and another called "Witch is the way to Pendle Hill" and I did a poster task too at the end :p:

I had a similar problem with my commentary, I found it was very difficult to get all of the necessary info into the guide, and I ended up glossing over very important information...

I just hope a got enough in

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4 too
    I did four sections 'what is dyslexia?' 'how do I know if my child has dyslexia'? 'how can i help my child at home?' and 'choosing the right school'
    And I did exactly 200 words for the commentary! lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.