Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Houston, Chicago and Cincinnati eh? Good luck! Although I kinda hope you get the Pats one wrong
    I avoid backing the Pats a lot, I really really don't like them. Everyone says the NFL always has a few shocks each week so really it's about picking the right shocks, there's a reason the odds were 600/1 ish but its a free bet so I figured I may as well go big, if by some insane chance I do win 3k I will be the happiest man alive for a minute or so, if I'd have done my usual sort of acca bet I'd have paid for another night out which I already have too many of anyway.

ReputationRep:
    DeAndrew White made a contender for catch of the year in the Alabama game was unbelievable...

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    DeAndrew White made a contender for catch of the year in the Alabama game was unbelievable...

:coma:
    Oh dayummmm

ReputationRep:
    I did Ravens +3 Jacksonville +11 and Saints in a pick em. ****ing Jaguars...

ReputationRep:
    Colts are looking for real, beat the 49ers and Seahawks in the last few weeks, not bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    Why oh why did they have to move the Raiders game back so its on around 4 am.
    On the upside enjoying watching the broncos game as it is unexpected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    COWBOYS

What a game this is

ReputationRep:
    I the the cowboys but what an amazing game that game was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The raiders had such a large lead and now its one score. What a game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn man that Pink Fluffy Unicorns guy is 5-0 in our league. Never saw that coming, he actually has a solid team looking at it.

Meanwhile I'm set to go 2-3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveginjas)
    Why oh why did they have to move the Raiders game back so its on around 4 am.
    On the upside enjoying watching the broncos game as it is unexpected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oakland is in California, which is 8 hours behind UK time, so they start at 8 pm rather than starting at 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Damn man that Pink Fluffy Unicorns guy is 5-0 in our league. Never saw that coming, he actually has a solid team looking at it.

Meanwhile I'm set to go 2-3
    It's horrendous. That's the problem with fantasy, all you can do is buy tickets to the raffle, not many are gonna win.

I took roddy white 4th pick. Looks solid. Done nothing.
    Thank god I got Gordon in like the 11th round, everyone overlooked him because of his suspension but hes still a #2 receiver.

I'm 6 points behind with Ryan, white and falcons D tonight vs Jaquizz rodgers. Chances are I somehow blow it but if I don't I'm back in at 2-3 going into the bulk bye weeks and hopeful of a run.

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't win 3k, that's hardly a surprise, and the Seahawks lost so this is a terrible week. The only thing I can take from it is that the Patriots lost too! I'm still happy with the Seahawks as my Superbowl winner but the Broncos look on fire :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YorkshireLad.)
    Oakland is in California, which is 8 hours behind UK time, so they start at 8 pm rather than starting at 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know that. But they usually start at 9:15 our time. It was delayed due to the baseball

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seahawks, Pats and Chargers all lost which messed up my Weekly Pick 'Em. But I got the rest right!

ReputationRep:
    At the start of the season I said that a jets v giants Super Bowl would be amazing but that it would never happen cos the jets are so bad. I never thought that it would be the jets doing fairly well and the giants 0-5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveginjas)
    I know that. But they usually start at 9:15 our time. It was delayed due to the baseball

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bit behind on my NFL watching but I take it the 49ers/Texans game was as dull as it looked?

(Original post by Wattsy)
    Well I didn't win 3k, that's hardly a surprise, and the Seahawks lost so this is a terrible week. The only thing I can take from it is that the Patriots lost too! I'm still happy with the Seahawks as my Superbowl winner but the Broncos look on fire :eek:
    Alas the Seahawks and the end zone in that game were like trying to get two like-charged magnets together .___. Nearly no third down conversions, some poor play calls, defence didn't show up like normal, poor time management and RW overthrew a fair few times. It wasn't really a great a game as it looked. Just an awful lot of field goals sadly but seeing how many people were out with injuries we did pretty well.

I would like to see our defence versus Manning, Broncos are letting in a lot of points and I would hope on our full form Sherman/Thomas/etc could stop the deep threat even if i don't always trust our play calling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Bit behind on my NFL watching but I take it the 49ers/Texans game was as dull as it looked?

Alas the Seahawks and the end zone in that game were like trying to get two like-charged magnets together .___. Nearly no third down conversions, some poor play calls, defence didn't show up like normal, poor time management and RW overthrew a fair few times. It wasn't really a great a game as it looked. Just an awful lot of field goals sadly but seeing how many people were out with injuries we did pretty well.

I would like to see our defence versus Manning, Broncos are letting in a lot of points and I would hope on our full form Sherman/Thomas/etc could stop the deep threat even if i don't always trust our play calling.
    Tbh I enjoyed the niners game but hen I am a niners fan have to say that a Seahawks Denver Super Bowl would be good. Probably the two best teams in the nfl ATM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had a sweepstake today with my uni team, ended up getting the Bengals which isn't too bad I suppose.

Some guy got the Panthers and then the Jags :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.