The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
You literally made an entire thread dedicated to the so called 'seasonal Arsenal meltdown'. You're the ****ing worst of the lot.

I know it was great wasn't it. I fail to see how that is bragging about LFC though?

Yeah I openly admit I troll sometimes, but I don't target Arsenal, I did a Chelsea thread too so don't feel like too much of a victim.

Everyone gets their turn, I'm sure you lot enjoyed when Gerrard slipped after all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419
Yh source because last I checked steve gatting was staying (he's one that desperately needs to go). Jonker has brought in some coaches to work with people within the setup rather than replace people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He manages the u-21s so is not directly involved with Hale End anymore. Think it says a lot that Jonker has "promoted" Carl Laraman, our current u-18 coach and a piece of work, to assist Gatting next season. They're old pals, them, always putting in a word for each another, eking out a nice little niche for themselves at the expense of true Arsenal men. The further the both of them are from our u-16s and under the better.

The majority of coaches at younger age groups will most likely be retained. But the top brass are out. Massey's a real loss, though. Not sure what's happened there.
Original post by 419
No might tune in for second half. Shoala Ameobi though :biggrin:

I cannot believe we have Shola as our striker God help us all.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Wenger says 4th is like a trophy to defend the players. If u actually think we pride ourself on 4th place then I feel sorry for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone knows that Arsenal pride themselves on winning the 4th place trophy and the bank balance.
Original post by Zerforax
Everyone knows that Arsenal pride themselves on winning the 4th place trophy and the bank balance.

Is everyone still going on about this, you do realise he never actually said 4th is a trophy, right?

Yes, we were funding the most expensive club stadium ever built.

Ridiculous that many claim to genuinely believe that in 2006 Wenger/Arsenal just decided to stop competing. And anyone who genuinely believes that Arsenal havent made huge strides in recent years is simply deluded.

Incidentally, Liverpool went all in wrt transfers to compete in the same era and ended up a joke. I say ended up, but let's be honest here , Scouse FC are the club who just keep on giving. The entire country can unite in the comedy :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Imagine genuinely being a scouser as well, just imagine how dreadful that would actually be.
Original post by Pete_91
Is everyone still going on about this, you do realise he never actually said 4th is a trophy, right?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/feb/19/arsene-wenger-arsenal-fourth-place

Arsène Wenger has suggested that Arsenal should regard the prospect of securing fourth place in the Premier League and entry into next season's Champions League qualifying round as comparable to winning a cup. "The first trophy is to finish in the top four," said Arsenal's manager in the wake of Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup fifth-round defeat at Sunderland. "And that's still possible. I believe finishing fourth is vital for us, so let's focus on that."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1201095/arsene-wenger-fourth-place-like-a-trophy

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed that qualifying for the Champions League is the equivalent of winning a trophy at a fiery Annual General Meeting with the club's supporters on Thursday morning.

"For me there are five trophies every season: Premier League, Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League," Wenger told the room full of assembled shareholders and some media representatives. "The fourth is the FA Cup and then the League Cup.

Err.. you were saying?
Original post by Zürich
Imagine genuinely being a scouser as well, just imagine how dreadful that would actually be.

I'm going to be living with them next year I'm dreading it already. If they're like this on here imagine how they'll be like in person.
Original post by Kruz
I'm going to be living with them next year I'm dreading it already. If they're like this on here imagine how they'll be like in person.

There are more people from London than Liverpool at Liverpool uni if that's what you mean. You could go through uni and only encounter scousers in the supermarket or pub
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/feb/19/arsene-wenger-arsenal-fourth-place

Arsène Wenger has suggested that Arsenal should regard the prospect of securing fourth place in the Premier League and entry into next season's Champions League qualifying round as comparable to winning a cup. "The first trophy is to finish in the top four," said Arsenal's manager in the wake of Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup fifth-round defeat at Sunderland. "And that's still possible. I believe finishing fourth is vital for us, so let's focus on that."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1201095/arsene-wenger-fourth-place-like-a-trophy

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed that qualifying for the Champions League is the equivalent of winning a trophy at a fiery Annual General Meeting with the club's supporters on Thursday morning.

"For me there are five trophies every season: Premier League, Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League," Wenger told the room full of assembled shareholders and some media representatives. "The fourth is the FA Cup and then the League Cup.

Err.. you were saying?

Ah fair enough I take that back then.

I remember reading a few years back that his words had been taken out of context (talking about trophies in a financial sense, not a literal sense), guess he has talked about it again since then.
Liverpool achievements since 2006:

-Qualify for the CL 50% of the time
-Transfer market laughing stock
-Dream about the CL
-Win the Capital One Cup in a penalty shootout vs a Championship side
-Somehow get it into your head that that Liverpool have achieved something
-Use the 2005 CL win to deflect attention from 25 years of pitiful nothingness
-Taunt a club, Arsenal, who've actually won more whilst making huge long term moves and spending less to do so.

Saying that, there are probably more Liverpool fans in Ireland or Norway than in the joke of a city itself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
Ah fair enough I take that back then.

I remember reading a few years back that his words had been taken out of context (talking about trophies in a financial sense, not a literal sense), guess he has talked about it again since then.

I still think they were taken out of context, he was trying to highlight that he thinks that achieving 4th and thus Champions league is more important than winning the FA Cup/League Cup which is fair enough wrt the financial situation we were in.

Idk why the scousers can bring that kind of **** up though, since the Emirates has been built they've won the ever so prestigious Carling Cup, all while having a net spend of a 1/5th of the cost of the Emirates lol, spending more than Utd in the same period, while we still churned out a profit and finished above them pretty much consistently.
God sometimes arsenal fans. :rofl:
Original post by Zürich
Liverpool achievements since 2006:

-Qualify for the CL 50% of the time
-Transfer market laughing stock
-Dream about the CL
-Win the Capital One Cup in a penalty shootout vs a Championship side
-Somehow get it into your head that that Liverpool have achieved something
-Use the 2005 CL win to deflect attention from 25 years of pitiful nothingness
-Taunt a club, Arsenal, who've actually won more whilst making huge long term moves and spending less to do so.

Saying that, there are probably more Liverpool fans in Ireland or Norway than in the joke of a city itself.

beat me to it lol
Original post by Ash Ketchum
Lol love Zurich's meltdowns. Arsenal thread home of the plastic fans.

Wanna lick his ass some more? :h:

Arsenal fans are plastic? Probably have the least amount of plastic fans of any team in the upper echelons of Europe.
Rumours saying we've been linked with Colombia's keeper David Ospina and advancements on this transfer depend on his WC performance
(edited 9 years ago)

You can call arsenal fans a lot of things but plastic surely isn't one of them.
Not surprised the thread got taken down :lol:

'Plastic'

Born: Whittingham hospital, Archway
Raised: Holloway
Father: Season ticket holder 1971-1989 when **** all was won, used to be on first name terms with Tony Adams

uwot m8?

In contrast, 99% of Anfield are from Norway or Ireland :laugh:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest