Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Tbh the only Liverpool fan I like on this site is probably Luke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Does anyone know how good chatzitheodoridis is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no idea how good (or not) he is, but he was brought over from one of our academies in Greece (Arsenal Elite Academy). He must be of a pretty decent standard, though, if we were prepared to offer him a scholarship. Sames goes for the other Greek kid, Savvas.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of our academy, it's undergoing huge changes, a complete restructuring. All senior staff have either been sacked or not had their contracts renewed for the forthcoming season, including Roy Massey, who was partly responsible for identifying and signing Wilshere from Luton. We're investing a ****load of resources into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    Speaking of our academy, it's undergoing huge changes, a complete restructuring. All senior staff have either been sacked or not had their contracts renewed for the forthcoming season, including Roy Massey, who was partly responsible for identifying and signing Wilshere from Luton. We're investing a ****load of resources into it.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    Yh source because last I checked steve gatting was staying (he's one that desperately needs to go). Jonker has brought in some coaches to work with people within the setup rather than replace people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yh source because last I checked steve getting was staying (his one that desperately needs to go). Jonker has brought in some coaches to work with people within the setup rather than replace people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you watching USA Vs Nigeria?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    If Arsenal came second and could have won the league on the last day of the season they would be gassed beyond belief, so don't talk like it's not warranted, especially to you guys since some of you on here have some deep superiority complex and would rub any type of achievement in everyone's faces given the opportunity.

You won't catch many of us bragging bar SUG, and if we do maybe like once or twice, so don't exaggerate.

inb4 marble rooms, history and class.
    You literally made an entire thread dedicated to the so called 'seasonal Arsenal meltdown'. You're the ****ing worst of the lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Are you watching USA Vs Nigeria?
    No might tune in for second half. Shoala Ameobi though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Source?
    A few AST members were told it by one of our directors. It's all over twitter. Basically, Andries Jonker, the new Head of the Academy, is overhauling the whole setup, with the help of Steve Morrow (new Head of Youth Scouting) and some guy who was running Barnet's academy. A new facility has also been built (pic below).

It's been needed for a long time apparently. We've lost some really good coaches and influential scouts over the past few years because of a so-called clique at Hale End (our Academy site). I mean, we very nearly lost top academy status because we failed an FA audit, but escaped that fate when we promised to make changes. It's a probably a reaction, as well, to the fact that Chelsea are beginning to get a stranglehold in certain London districts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    You literally made an entire thread dedicated to the so called 'seasonal Arsenal meltdown'. You're the ****ing worst of the lot.
    I know it was great wasn't it. I fail to see how that is bragging about LFC though?

Yeah I openly admit I troll sometimes, but I don't target Arsenal, I did a Chelsea thread too so don't feel like too much of a victim.

Everyone gets their turn, I'm sure you lot enjoyed when Gerrard slipped after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yh source because last I checked steve gatting was staying (he's one that desperately needs to go). Jonker has brought in some coaches to work with people within the setup rather than replace people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He manages the u-21s so is not directly involved with Hale End anymore. Think it says a lot that Jonker has "promoted" Carl Laraman, our current u-18 coach and a piece of work, to assist Gatting next season. They're old pals, them, always putting in a word for each another, eking out a nice little niche for themselves at the expense of true Arsenal men. The further the both of them are from our u-16s and under the better.

The majority of coaches at younger age groups will most likely be retained. But the top brass are out. Massey's a real loss, though. Not sure what's happened there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    No might tune in for second half. Shoala Ameobi though
    I cannot believe we have Shola as our striker God help us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Wenger says 4th is like a trophy to defend the players. If u actually think we pride ourself on 4th place then I feel sorry for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone knows that Arsenal pride themselves on winning the 4th place trophy and the bank balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Everyone knows that Arsenal pride themselves on winning the 4th place trophy and the bank balance.
    Is everyone still going on about this, you do realise he never actually said 4th is a trophy, right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we were funding the most expensive club stadium ever built.

Ridiculous that many claim to genuinely believe that in 2006 Wenger/Arsenal just decided to stop competing. And anyone who genuinely believes that Arsenal havent made huge strides in recent years is simply deluded.

Incidentally, Liverpool went all in wrt transfers to compete in the same era and ended up a joke. I say ended up, but let's be honest here , Scouse FC are the club who just keep on giving. The entire country can unite in the comedy

ReputationRep:
    Imagine genuinely being a scouser as well, just imagine how dreadful that would actually be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Is everyone still going on about this, you do realise he never actually said 4th is a trophy, right?
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...l-fourth-place

Arsène Wenger has suggested that Arsenal should regard the prospect of securing fourth place in the Premier League and entry into next season's Champions League qualifying round as comparable to winning a cup. "The first trophy is to finish in the top four," said Arsenal's manager in the wake of Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup fifth-round defeat at Sunderland. "And that's still possible. I believe finishing fourth is vital for us, so let's focus on that."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1201095/...-like-a-trophy

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed that qualifying for the Champions League is the equivalent of winning a trophy at a fiery Annual General Meeting with the club's supporters on Thursday morning.

"For me there are five trophies every season: Premier League, Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League," Wenger told the room full of assembled shareholders and some media representatives. "The fourth is the FA Cup and then the League Cup.

Err.. you were saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Imagine genuinely being a scouser as well, just imagine how dreadful that would actually be.
    I'm going to be living with them next year I'm dreading it already. If they're like this on here imagine how they'll be like in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I'm going to be living with them next year I'm dreading it already. If they're like this on here imagine how they'll be like in person.
    There are more people from London than Liverpool at Liverpool uni if that's what you mean. You could go through uni and only encounter scousers in the supermarket or pub

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...l-fourth-place

Arsène Wenger has suggested that Arsenal should regard the prospect of securing fourth place in the Premier League and entry into next season's Champions League qualifying round as comparable to winning a cup. "The first trophy is to finish in the top four," said Arsenal's manager in the wake of Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup fifth-round defeat at Sunderland. "And that's still possible. I believe finishing fourth is vital for us, so let's focus on that."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1201095/...-like-a-trophy

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed that qualifying for the Champions League is the equivalent of winning a trophy at a fiery Annual General Meeting with the club's supporters on Thursday morning.

"For me there are five trophies every season: Premier League, Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League," Wenger told the room full of assembled shareholders and some media representatives. "The fourth is the FA Cup and then the League Cup.

Err.. you were saying?
    Ah fair enough I take that back then.

I remember reading a few years back that his words had been taken out of context (talking about trophies in a financial sense, not a literal sense), guess he has talked about it again since then.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.