Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saga1997)
    nope! Btw are language interviews meant to be on the 8th?
    Oops sorry. languages interviews are starting on the 10th Dec Thursday
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable
    and those combinations which do include beginners german and beginners russian start on the 9th Dec

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any geography interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renaa)
    English
    Congrats on your interview btw, I just want to know either way at this point so I can stop checking and checking and checking
    Thanks. I know, the waiting is awful I was literally refreshing my emails constantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmcmick)
    Any Classics interviews yet?
    nope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Got an interview for PPE at Brasenose! I'm so happy I can't even put it into words! Has anyone else got PPE at Brasenose too?

Good luck to those who still haven't heard, it's so nerve-wracking but it'll be worth the wait!
    Yep I guess I'll see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris.or.liam)
    Let's be optimistic about this! As an EU student I have to book flights soon, it would be unfair to only let us know next week. BTW, it's funny how you wrote my username, it refers to the Hemsworth brothers- can't decide who is hotter hahaha
    Ah yes well that's true! Luckily for me I'm from the UK so I don't have to worry about planes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123yaaaay)
    Interview from Mansfield to study Theology! Anyone else heard from Mansfield? What are you bringing to interview/how long are you staying?

Also if we come with parents how long should my parents stay before I send them home hahaaaa
    Yes got an interview for Human Sciences - Im there from Wednesday 9th - Friday 11th. Im just bringing clothes,books, phone etc just the usual for a short stay.

I think in the email it said something about bringing parents I can't remember exactly - maybe they could just see you into the lodge as I think there are students to direct you from there.

When is your interview and how long are you staying?

ReputationRep:
    Agh, all this flight talk is reminding me how much it will cost to book a flight from the US if I get an interview x_x

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview invitation from E&M LMH?

ReputationRep:
    A question for the german blokes:

Guys I have a friend who took the TSA examination with me. We talk every once in a while he is applying for PPE at Magdalen's. Then, the subject of school grades come up and he tells me that he got an average of 2.4, I didnt want to say anything but I thought that you needed a 1.2 german average to apply for oxford. Am I missing something? Like is 2.4 a really high grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichole199810)
    Oops sorry. languages interviews are starting on the 10th Dec Thursday
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable
    and those combinations which do include beginners german and beginners russian start on the 9th Dec
    nichole199810 Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fedelias)
    Agh, all this flight talk is reminding me how much it will cost to book a flight from the US if I get an interview x_x
    I'm on the same boat as you! Pretty much going to be hell. But the trip would be fun in itself and hopefully if I get in then it would be worth it!

Haha I'm beginning to half suspect this intense wait is to break us to the point of softening the blow of an actual rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qaturnek)
    Has anyone got any geography interviews?
    haven't heard of anyone yet. what college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamara98)
    Je suis française (Marseille) d'origine libanaise, bonne chance !
    I'm not French but I wish I was!! Still waiting to hear about an interview... :0 What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else here applying from Scotland?? I still don't know if I've got an interview but would it be better to fly down or take the train?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhabib3)

Guys I have a friend who took the TSA examination with me. We talk every once in a while he is applying for PPE at Magdalen's. Then, the subject of school grades come up and he tells me that he got an average of 2.4, I didnt want to say anything but I thought that you needed a 1.2 german average to apply for oxford. Am I missing something? Like is 2.4 a really high grade?
    I'm a German myself: At least for physics, the minimum Abitur grade is supposed to be 1.5- however, as you might know, the grades you get in year 11/12 aren't weighted the same. So your friend might have 15 in all of his Leistungskurs and 0 in something like P.E. and could still achieve 1.5. It's very unlikely though, not sure :b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweald)
    I was reallocated from Brasenose to Univ and got an interview from them for Chemistry on Monday, you should hear soon
    Thank you, you are giving me some hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VinnyThePooh)
    I'm a German myself: At least for physics, the minimum Abitur grade is supposed to be 1.5- however, as you might know, the grades you get in year 11/12 aren't weighted the same. So your friend might have 15 in all of his Leistungskurs and 0 in something like P.E. and could still achieve 1.5. It's very unlikely though, not sure :b
    So he doesnt have a good chance of being accepted? He told me that his average is 2.4. I dont know what his grades are though, there arent any specific requirements for ppe, just the 1.5 average and tsa test. So what do you say?

ReputationRep:
    So he doesnt have a good chance of being accepted? He told me that his average is 2.4. I dont know what his grades are though, there arent any specific requirements for ppe, just the 1.5 average and tsa test. So what do you say?
    If he believes he has chance, he probably has (not being delusional or something :b)? That's actually the worst thing about the German system, because we need to take like 12 subjects over the period of two years and almost every subject has to be accounted for in the overall Abitur average grade, which is quite annoying (I HATE history, philosophy, politics etc.- which will ruin my grades). And he might have 2.4 this semester, but maybe all his other 3 semesters are 1.0- again unlikely, but not impossible... So yeah, good luck to both of you

ReputationRep:

2.4 is average.
    Well on the website it says you need 1,5.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.