What are you listening to now? VII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vicky628
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amellia123)
Haha I know the feeling completely.... I usually get 'oh my mum/dad like them' Haha yes of course!! Unfortunately my sister like chart music - so I end up having to put up with that from time to time
I like a fair amount of modern music too but, y'know... Not the sixties! Mother's into Justin Bieber, makes car rides interesting
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vicky628)
I think I have all their albums - dad was a massive Smiths fan so it must have been inherited (although where my bro got his J-pop from I've no idea).

I know, a conversation about music often ends in a blank look and a "oh, echo/who/whatever is what my great uncle's into" so yeah - glad to see I'm not alone!
My dad definitely played in part in shaping my music taste Which I'm very glad about :lol:

Echo and the Bunnymen are my favourite band haha but yeah, not alone
godofwine
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sigur Ros
Amellia123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I like a fair amount of modern music too but, y'know... Not the sixties! Mother's into Justin Bieber, makes car rides interesting
Haha ahh right I see Your mum like Bieber?! :lol: my sister likes him actually.... my mum is quite into Bruno Mars actually :lol:
Vicky628
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SassKing13)
My dad definitely played in part in shaping my music taste Which I'm very glad about :lol:

Echo and the Bunnymen are my favourite band haha but yeah, not alone
Same (mainly because I've "borrowed" all his records and CDs)

I saw (at least thought it looked like them), I love Heaven Up Here

Haha ahh right I see Your mum like Bieber?! :lol: my sister likes him actually.... my mum is quite into Bruno Mars actually :lol:
I know, hmm no we had the Bruno Mars phase a while ago some of the stuff (Beatles, Oasis) I like, but most of it is way too poppy. When you mum's "cooler"than you.....!
Amellia123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I know, hmm no we had the Bruno Mars phase a while ago some of the stuff (Beatles, Oasis) I like, but most of it is way too poppy. When you mum's "cooler"than you.....!
Haha ahh I see She has quite a few modern CDs... she also likes Blue, 5 and Peter Andre :rofl: I do actually really like The Beatles (my dad has nearly all of their albums I think!) Oh God yes..... ahh dear :lol:
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Yeah, you'd be correct That's probably my favourite album of theirs, but then I really like Crocodiles, Porcupine and Ocean Rain too I haven't really given their 4th album many listens at all. I like some songs from there rather than the full album
Hugs31
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ikhan94)
Damn this thread is so long
but so light

Family of the Year - Hero
Vicky628
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha ahh I see She has quite a few modern CDs... she also likes Blue, 5 and Peter Andre :rofl: I do actually really like The Beatles (my dad has nearly all of their albums I think!) Oh God yes..... ahh dear :lol:
Peter Andre? I don't think we're that bad! So do I! Rubber soul is my go to Beatles album I don't think we have any Beatles CDs, got it downloaded but I'm on the look out for some decent quality vinyl editions (when I have money)
Amellia123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Peter Andre? I don't think we're that bad! So do I! Rubber soul is my go to Beatles album I don't think we have any Beatles CDs, got it downloaded but I'm on the look out for some decent quality vinyl editions (when I have money)
Haha yes ikr.... I literally die inside every time Mysterious Girl comes on.... oh the joys :lol: I do like that album, Drive My Car is one of my favourite Beatles songs! Oh I see, my mum has a few on cassette I think! Haha that sounds like a great idea!!
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Echo and the Bunnymen - Gods Will Be Gods (Live at The Savoy, NYC, USA, 1984)
blackdiamond97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

no, kylie jenner does not sing the song
Vicky628
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha yes ikr.... I literally die inside every time Mysterious Girl comes on.... oh the joys :lol: I do like that album, Drive My Car is one of my favourite Beatles songs! Oh I see, my mum has a few on cassette I think! Haha that sounds like a great idea!!
It's pretty perfect right... I think we got rid of all our cassettes, looking through the CDs now we have a "best of" Beatles CD, that's it that's the plan, get rich and buy as much music (and shirts) as possible....

Yeah, you'd be correct That's probably my favourite album of theirs, but then I really like Crocodiles, Porcupine and Ocean Rain too I haven't really given their 4th album many listens at all. I like some songs from there rather than the full album
I don't think I've heard much on Ocean Rain, but love Crocodiles!
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Amused to Death.
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's pretty perfect right... I think we got rid of all our cassettes, looking through the CDs now we have a "best of" Beatles CD, that's it that's the plan, get rich and buy as much music (and shirts) as possible....

Have you heard Porcupine? That's very good and ah, Ocean Rain is definitely worth a listen!
Amellia123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Haha yep I really don't know why my mum kept hers.... she doesn't even have a cassette player anymore :lol: Oh right! That's better than none at all Ahh I see, good plan!! Urgh after exams I need to try and find myself another job
FarageCollage
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Vicky628
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you heard Porcupine? That's very good and ah, Ocean Rain is definitely worth a listen!
Bits and bobs of both, don't think I've heard either the whole way through that'll be my plan for tomorrow!

Haha yep I really don't know why my mum kept hers.... she doesn't even have a cassette player anymore :lol: Oh right! That's better than none at all Ahh I see, good plan!! Urgh after exams I need to try and find myself another job
Exactly, like CDs are still useful in cars, and vinyls are good quality audio yeah, I'll have to steal it at some point so do I ... Though I also need to save for uni .... But, like, I probably won't want to eat then? I'll have a banging record collection and wardrobe!!!
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bits and bobs of both, don't think I've heard either the whole way through that'll be my plan for tomorrow!

Exactly, like CDs are still useful in cars, and vinyls are good quality audio yeah, I'll have to steal it at some point so do I ... Though I also need to save for uni .... But, like, I probably won't want to eat then? I'll have a banging record collection and wardrobe!!!
Ah, I see! Porcupine is great, some very energetic songs on there Quite obscure lyrics, but that's typical Bunnymen haha Ocean Rain is great too. The title track is an amazing song Hope you enjoy!
Amellia123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Yeah thats true and they really are!! Haha yes you will Same really, I've promised myself I wont buy anything until I get a job (although I am never doing café work again... ill have to try the pub :lol:) Haha yeah you will!! Omg I will be very jealous
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads