Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    If liverpool win the EL, and united stay in 5th place, but win the FA cup.. then my ratings for the season will be:
    (regardless of positions 2nd-4th)

Leicster: 10/10
    How can it not be? probably should be higher.

Spurs: 8/10
    Getting CL football would have been a 10/10 at the start of the season, but given how close they came to the title, I think many will feel a little disappointed underneath

Liverpool: 8/10
    Dissapointing in the league, but it does not matter. Got a new manager, won a cup, got CL football, got to a domestic final. (result is down to a 4/10 if they loose the final)

Man city: 5/10
    Champions league football next season, won a domestic trophy, best progress ever in the CL. Disappointing overall, but underneath its not a disaster, especially considering Pep is coming in.

United: 3/10
    Fa cup does not matter to them, it was all about CL football, and loosing it for a 2nd time in 3 years is awful. Especially if Liverpool manage to get it. result drops to a 1/10 if they loose the FA cup.

Chelsea: 1/10
    A point salvaged by their second half of the season.. but just forget this year and move on to next year.

Arsenal: 4/10
    Cl football, maybe as high as 2nd, but probably not.. a disappointing points total, R16 champions league.. no domestic cup run. Just a disappointing season. I would not put it lower, considering its not a disaster, and CL football is still good.. Butt it cant be considered any means of a success (5+ etc)
    Arsenal should be 1/10 because they are an absolute joke, especially when the arsenal players thought they had won the league after they beat Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    You know your fanbase is a full blown stage 4 tumor when the club has to tweet out telling fans that iPad's are banned at other teams stadiums.

But then what did I expect, given one of our **** fans brought a gopro to the emirates last match.

Civilisation would be better off without these **** jockeys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    First half of our season was a 1/10 - beating you twice makes is a 2/10 and ending Spurs' title dreams at the Bridge make it a 3/10
    It still makes me laugh when I reminisce on the last time Arsenal scored vs Chelsea in the league.

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin said he was surprised he didn't get a rollicking after arsenal blew a 4-0 lead to draw. Hence the subsequent bottling for the rest of that season, and Arshavin turning crap. Bendtner and Giroud May have similar tales to tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    It still makes me laugh when I reminisce on the last time Arsenal scored vs Chelsea in the league.
    I just don't get what it is about Arsenal, they are really frustrating to watch as a neutral tbh. Just when you think they have turned over a new leaf (winning FA cup to end their trophy drought, signing players like Sanchez and Ozil), they go back to their old ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    I just don't get what it is about Arsenal, they are really frustrating to watch as a neutral tbh. Just when you think they have turned over a new leaf (winning FA cup to end their trophy drought, signing players like Sanchez and Ozil), they go back to their old ways.
    Yeah pretty much this. I think it's Wenger in all honesty, if he goes and they get a proper manager in(shame he didn't step down and get Klopp to manage the team this year) then they'll challenge for the bigger trophies again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pretty much this. I think it's Wenger in all honesty, if he goes and they get a proper manager in(shame he didn't step down and get Klopp to manage the team this year) then they'll challenge for the bigger trophies again.
    Yh Wenger is just too stubborn really, has too much faith in his players (eg Arteta and Flamini) which probably explains his reluctance to spend in the transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    United might get top 4 though. Essentially if City drop points vs Arsenal and United win the rest of their games(both likely outcomes) then well they have top 4 and an FA cup, which for most sides constitutes a somewhat successful season.
    If they get cal football then of course it will be a very successful season, even if they loose the cup final. Would boost them to a 7 or so out of 10, with cl football
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    First half of our season was a 1/10 - beating you twice makes is a 2/10 and ending Spurs' title dreams at the Bridge make it a 3/10
    True, you have made the best out of a **** season. Could have been better though.. Imagine if arsenal were still in the title race. And we needed Leicester to loose on the final day against Chelsea.. Could just have seen you guys throwing the game to piss us off

ReputationRep:
    I think the manager is often blamed, but not always guilty as charged.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is deader than the crowd at the emirates stadium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    This thread is deader than the crowd at the emirates stadium
    Nah, not even the dead are as dead as the Emirates

ReputationRep:
    Come on you fackin gooners

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans should think about it this way if you beat City, you might not have to face Pep in the CL next year.

ReputationRep:
    Mangala and Otamendi might not have played well this season, but they'll have our strikers on toast. And there's no chance Aguero doesn't score past Gabriel, he's been so crap he let a debutant score twice

ReputationRep:
    City will score but your attack is more than good enough to get past their **** defence.
    Dat guy Welbz with the winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Mangala and Otamendi might not have played well this season, but they'll have our strikers on toast. And there's no chance Aguero doesn't score past Gabriel, he's been so crap he let a debutant score twice
    Whys gabby playing in goal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Arsenal fans should think about it this way if you beat City, you might not have to face Pep in the CL next year.
    Irrelevant, we can't face English teams till the qfs. We'll be out by then.

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Lads

ReputationRep:
    As much as the red half of Manchester are backing us to do a favour... this scenario is very much possible going into the final day:

Man City 67
    Arsenal 67
    Man Utd 66

Then, not even a point against Villa is enough. Sure, Newcastle are fighting on the other end of the table but even they knew they should've beaten a team with nothing to play for. That apathy may well sink into our team. (And drive the anti-Arsene agenda right up to breaking point)

Yes, wrt Gabriel he has made us a lot leakier - the only good game I thought he had was at home vs Liverpool where he bailed out a crap Chambers and had Cech to thank whenever he did get beat. Then he gets injured... and the rest writes itself.

ReputationRep:
    So we finish below Spurs for the first time in 21 seasons? Like, what's the big deal? It would only be the third time that has happened since the start of the PL. And it's the same number of times Everton finished above Liverpool. Obviously didn't kill the red half of Mersey, did it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.