Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Any good YouTube channel recommendation? stuff like alltime10s, therichest and rob dyke if you guys want to watch any of those
    I love watching those, and Danger Dolan he's hilarious
    I really wanna watch people open their results but I've watched them all when I was waiting for my AS

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got plans this evening? Idk what to do with myself
    Learn to knit?

Make pom poms?

Practice origami?

Colouring in?

Basically manual tasks that require concentration and dexterity. Plus listen to the radio.

ReputationRep:
    Also serious advice. Avoid caffeine and put your screens onto night/low mode.

It'll help you either drop off or get some relaxing shut eyes time to prepare for tomorrow's celebrating.

ReputationRep:
    The course I applied for is now in clearing and the entry requirements have been lowered to BBB (Economics and Finance at Queens Belfast). If one was a gambling person, what would that suggest about the course?. Could it be that the course is undersubscribed and that they are accepting people to attract more on the course?. Or could it mean that applicants like myself have got on the course because it was unpopular and they wanted to fill spaces. Any queries or ideas would be welcome. Goodluck for tommorow

There Will never be a scarier day

ReputationRep:
    my first choice course is not in clearing on my uni's clearing list..... does this mean all the offer holders are in i am in or am jumping the gun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phaggit)
    my first choice course is not in clearing on my uni's clearing list..... does this mean all the offer holders are in i am in or am jumping the gun?
    It doesn't mean anything - it's impossible to correctly read into it. Your place is not guaranteed as there will be more applicants than places, and they could decide to go into Clearing tomorrow if they want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holy_Wam)
    The course I applied for is now in clearing and the entry requirements have been lowered to BBB (Economics and Finance at Queens Belfast). If one was a gambling person, what would that suggest about the course?. Could it be that the course is undersubscribed and that they are accepting people to attract more on the course?. Or could it mean that applicants like myself have got on the course because it was unpopular and they wanted to fill spaces. Any queries or ideas would be welcome. Goodluck for tommorow

There Will never be a scarier day
    It doesn't say anything about how you've done. But if you have BBC or above you're likely to be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    I cant take it anymore i just want to get it over and done with HURRY UP RESULTS DAY FFS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Anyone else considering Clearing as an alternative to their insurance choice and asking to get released if they don't get in their firm?
    Yes I'm in this situation! Just got to hope that my insurance won't take too long to release me (if I've got in)

ReputationRep:
    Any good YouTube channel recommendation? stuff like alltime10s, therichest and rob dyke if you guys want to watch any of those
    Vsauce!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celiajacobs)
    Yes I'm in this situation! Just got to hope that my insurance won't take too long to release me (if I've got in)
    It will of course depend on the University but my insurance last year was very quick at it. Just make sure you know where to find the forum / any method your university is using beforehand if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek)
    I cant take it anymore i just want to get it over and done with HURRY UP RESULTS DAY FFS
    tell me about it!! after seeing the grade boundaries I just wanna know how ****ing bad I really did!
    Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone. I'm so worried about my AS maths, grade boundaries are high.

ReputationRep:
    How do you check if the course you applied for is in clearing at manchester uni?

ReputationRep:
    My head is completely burnt right now.

ReputationRep:
    Start the movie marathon right now for 12 hours 🤗🤗

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    I'm getting AS results tomorrow, but school have said that they're not giving them out until 9am. A2 students are getting theirs at 8!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My A2 results are at 9am! AS aren't until 11am at my school

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all you beautiful people xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h1347698)
    Good luck everyone. I'm so worried about my AS maths, grade boundaries are high.
    Same

Maths was meant to be my strongest subject as well...

ReputationRep:
    I just heard that a few hundred students got their results early because of a computer error, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the BBC website about it, at least so far.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.