Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/24453375

Great news for British nfl fans. The jags, raiders and falcons will all play home games at wembley next year. Opponents to be confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy Lanka)

Great news for British nfl fans. The jags, raiders and falcons will all play home games at wembley next year. Opponents to be confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So good this, 3 games! Some of the Yanks are up in arms though as usual, I think 3 is really the most they could do internationally and I think 3 in London might be too much, spread the NFL love somewhere like Germany, I'm pretty sure they could fill the German Olympic Stadium or something? A game in Mexico maybe, I think looking at just London is a bit narrow particularly now 3 games are being hosted there.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This isn't good news, it's too much. Like seriously, who is going to spend £50 to see the crappy Jags when they have not one but two alternatives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    This isn't good news, it's too much. Like seriously, who is going to spend £50 to see the crappy Jags when they have not one but two alternatives?
    A) it's £35

B) they sold out within two days this year. That shows that there is way more demand than tickets

C) there is more than one team that plays in each match. I'm sure if they are playing a team like the packers or pats the game would sell out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Huge bye week woes for me in fantasy this week. Goin with geno smith at QB! Hopefully the Pitt defense melts like butter as they did vs the vikings.

ReputationRep:
    The owners passing the Hard Knocks mandate is so good! I just hope we get inside the Patriots, Greg Rosenthal already said 'It'd be like going inside the Kremlin' they'd have to not make the playoffs for 2 consecutive years though before that could happen.

ReputationRep:
    A) it's £35

B) they sold out within two days this year. That shows that there is way more demand than tickets

C) there is more than one team that plays in each match. I'm sure if they are playing a team like the packers or pats the game would sell out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whatever, 35, 50, some tickets were 75+. It's not a cheap day out.

Jags will have Cleveland, Dallas, or Giants. Yawnfest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Whatever, 35, 50, some tickets were 75+. It's not a cheap day out.

Jags will have Cleveland, Dallas, or Giants. Yawnfest.
    Remember they'll probably (read almost certainly) have a new QB, be it Teddy Bridgewater or Jonny Manziel or someone else entirely, the Jags could be an interesting side next year if they find their franchise guy and with probably the 1st pick of the draft I'd give them a good chance of finding him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Remember they'll probably (read almost certainly) have a new QB, be it Teddy Bridgewater or Jonny Manziel or someone else entirely, the Jags could be an interesting side next year if they find their franchise guy and with probably the 1st pick of the draft I'd give them a good chance of finding him.
    Agree. Blackmon is a quality reciever. They are only a few pieces away from being a good side. Unfortunately for them one of those pieces is the QB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh man the Patriots... :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord Giants 0-6 :doh:

Time to move on from Tom Coughlin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

Not yet. Certainly wait till the end of the season. Schiano on the other hand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Agree. Blackmon is a quality reciever. They are only a few pieces away from being a good side. Unfortunately for them one of those pieces is the QB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MJD playing well has top 5 RB potential too, they much like the Vikings need a QB to slot into their team and they'd be contending fairly well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

after all the pre-season talk of the Jets being the ''joke" of the NFL, they aren't even the worst team in NY! as somewhat smug Jets fan (smug being used in the loosest sense of the term :P) this makes for decent reading!

But in all seriousness though, hearing that it looks like the Giants just seemed to be devoid of fight and hunger, and with Eli turning the ball over like a man possessed I should expect both Coughlin's and Eli's respective seats to be getting warmer by the week. Who saw this coming?!

ReputationRep:
    Against impossible odds, wouldn't it be just amazing if the Jags were to somehow beat the Broncos this week?

Even though those 2 teams really do not concern me, I'd absolutely love to see this happen. Any given Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Egg Militia)
    Against impossible odds, wouldn't it be just amazing if the Jags were to somehow beat the Broncos this week?

Even though those 2 teams really do not concern me, I'd absolutely love to see this happen. Any given Sunday.
    The joy with football is the fact that in any game, you never really know who's going to win. Anything can happen.

However, the Jags/Broncos game this weekend is one of the very few that you can say with near certainty that the Broncos will win. I'm 99.9% sure!

ReputationRep:
    American football sucks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Killalot)
    The joy with football is the fact that in any game, you never really know who's going to win. Anything can happen.

However, the Jags/Broncos game this weekend is one of the very few that you can say with near certainty that the Broncos will win. I'm 99.9% sure!
    Another great thing is that n matter how you did last season you can do well the next. Look at KC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Egg Militia)

There is more chance of pigs flying.

ReputationRep:
    Another great thing is that n matter how you did last season you can do well the next. Look at KC

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's why I love this sport. Things can change so quickly because money doesn't completely dictate who's gonna put together the best team.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.