The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Bah, I'm doing Decision. Much more interesting. Don't want any of that statistics crap.

Me: Hey miss, I don't suppose Stats gets any more interesting at A-Level?
Maths Teacher: Nope :ahee:
Me: :colonhash:

I don't have decisions modules! :frown:

Ahah, it's true... Easy marks though I guess... :wink:
You guys ... I can't keep up xD
I'm sort of friends with everyone .. Like the "cool" kids treat me better than they do the rest of the "non-cool" kids and I integrate well with them too. But to be honest I probably have maybe two or three actual friends, everyone else are just casual acquaintances that I probably wouldn't want to hang out with outside of school. But I've always been loud and outgoing in public, while in secret I sort of hate people. :emo:

I'm drafting out my prefect application letter .. I think I sound really really lame. /look
Who's the fourth person in their threesome? :lolwut: :lol:

I genuinely don't believe that anything I say will meet the approval of anyone I meet - a product of the self-hatred :awesome: I don't like myself, so why would anyone else? :teehee:

foreverstrong, shadab, carys and the mystery girl.

I think I'm the opposite, anyone at a comparable intelligence automatically becomes competition if I know them in person. Although I have to say I can't be one of those people who can say "intelligence and personality are the only things that matter". Not that I'm narcissistic but somewhere along that.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
:colonhash:

What are Your current problems?

Strong Minded, strong willed.. Synonymous in my eyes :ahee:

Well.... Maybe... :redface: well Shes just extremeLy weird and it's fun to argue with her...

Once I said:
"imagine the awkwardness of a male telling his family about his breast cancer"
"that's not ****ing funny! My friend has cancer"
"was I talking about your friend? :colonhash:"

Let the battle commence! :ahee:

I'll point out that that is the exact same conversation we had the other night in different words, damnit :mad: Except you were the unreasonable ass :lol:
Original post by Kittaaaaay
I'm sort of friends with everyone .. Like the "cool" kids treat me better than they do the rest of the "non-cool" kids and I integrate well with them too. But to be honest I probably have maybe two or three actual friends, everyone else are just casual acquaintances that I probably wouldn't want to hang out with outside of school. But I've always been loud and outgoing in public, while in secret I sort of hate people. :emo:

I'm drafting out my prefect application letter .. I think I sound really really lame. /look

Loool! Same!!!! I hate people too! :awesome:

Lets hear it then?
I'll point out that that is the exact same conversation we had the other night in different words, damnit :mad: Except you were the unreasonable ass :lol:

:rofl: I have a tendency of being unreasonable...

Also, when I sleep at 5... I obviously won't reply... But we must continue this conversation :redface:
Original post by dinrah04
foreverstrong, shadab, carys and the mystery girl.

I think I'm the opposite, anyone at a comparable intelligence automatically becomes competition if I know them in person. Although I have to say I can't be one of those people who can say "intelligence and personality are the only things that matter". Not that I'm narcissistic but somewhere along that.

Honestly, my "'banter'-making ass" friend and I were discussing our preferences in females, and he agrees (although he changes his mind alot :tongue:) that even with the amount of...uh...sluts :mmm: in our school, we probably wouldn't accept any advances from them (not that they would, this was hypothetical :lol: :emo:) simply because an extreme stupidity is unattractive to us. So I have to say that intelligence and personality mean a great deal to me.

I wouldn't have a problem with anyone who wasn't extremely obese or extremely thin. Unfortunately I AM extremely thin :lol:

I'm not really sure who the cool kids are in my school, as we have over 2000 pupils. There's the smart cool kids and the lower end cool kids and they're entirely different. I think I'm accepted by both, although I have to stay a bit more quiet when talking to the low end 'cool' kids.

:colonhash:

What are Your current problems?

School. Competition, I can't fail myself. Also another year of Engineering is so off-putting. I'm at an average of around 89.5 in my Sciences. Where an average of 90 is an A*. It seems so unlikely for me to produce the goods, I can't lose those 3 grades:/

I think I sort of get that. I'm the "cool Australian nerd genius with the hilarious German surname" :teehee: I mean I'm fairly certain that they're still mocking me (might be the whole self-hatred thing again :lol:), but even if they're not I don't like them :tongue: they're kind of annoying :rofl:
Loool! Same!!!! I hate people too! :awesome:

Lets hear it then?

Oh! And people never think I do well from first impressions, whenever they see my test results or something they're always so surprised :emo:

It's not done, this is what I have so far, I can't seem to think of what to write D;

Hello Mr Emery!

In writing this, I hope you will consider me as a candidate for the role of prefect in our school. I am really glad to have this opportunity to finally step up and take the plunge into responsibility.

In my opinion, prefects are defined by their commitment to the school. To me, this commitment involves upholding the trust instilled onto them and shouldering the responsibility no matter what happens. I also think that prefects should show enthusiasm and initiative in the tasks they are given. If given the role, I feel that I would be able to bring that enthusiasm to the table and also tackle my duties head on. I feel that I am a capable student who is willing to listen and take on other people’s views and perspectives.

While in the past I may have not been as active within the school as I could have been, I feel that I am ready to take that next step forward. Having never really had much responsibility thrust upon me before, I am looking forward to taking on the challenge.

The "Hello!" bit is going to be in really big font and I'm probably going to print it out on turquoise paper .. I realise it's not the conventional way of doing things but I think it'll show my character better xD
School. Competition, I can't fail myself. Also another year of Engineering is so off-putting. I'm at an average of around 89.5 in my Sciences. Where an average of 90 is an A*. It seems so unlikely for me to produce the goods, I can't lose those 3 grades:/

Oh right :colonhash: we have gone from deep personal matters to school... This shows how pressured we are :colonhash: grr!

Also, competition is healthy /unlike Me/ and so I'd abuse power and manipulate people so I'd get better :tongue: eg, get friend to date competition... Break up at exams season... :biggrin:
Oh! And people never think I do well from first impressions, whenever they see my test results or something they're always so surprised :emo:

It's not done, this is what I have so far, I can't seem to think of what to write D;

Hello Mr Emery!

In writing this, I hope you will consider me as a candidate for the role of prefect in our school. I am really glad to have this opportunity to finally step up and take the plunge into responsibility.

In my opinion, prefects are defined by their commitment to the school. To me, this commitment involves upholding the trust instilled onto them and shouldering the responsibility no matter what happens. I also think that prefects should show enthusiasm and initiative in the tasks they are given. If given the role, I feel that I would be able to bring that enthusiasm to the table and also tackle my duties head on. I feel that I am a capable student who is willing to listen and take on other people’s views and perspectives.

While in the past I may have not been as active within the school as I could have been, I feel that I am ready to take that next step forward. Having never really had much responsibility thrust upon me before, I am looking forward to taking on the challenge.

The "Hello!" bit is going to be in really big font and I'm probably going to print it out on turquoise paper .. I realise it's not the conventional way of doing things but I think it'll show my character better xD

I like it! :biggrin:
Honestly, my "'banter'-making ass" friend and I were discussing our preferences in females, and he agrees (although he changes his mind alot :tongue:) that even with the amount of...uh...sluts :mmm: in our school, we probably wouldn't accept any advances from them (not that they would, this was hypothetical :lol: :emo:) simply because an extreme stupidity is unattractive to us. So I have to say that intelligence and personality mean a great deal to me.

I wouldn't have a problem with anyone who wasn't extremely obese or extremely thin. Unfortunately I AM extremely thin :lol:

I've never actually had one of those guys talking about girls chats with my male friends at school. It's almost entirely Physics, Philosophy or occasionally general conversation. I'm incredibly thin as well, but the vast majority of girls at my school are either chavs or the 'intelligent' ones are also not easy on the eyes, if you catch my drift. Although there are exceptions (just a disclaimer, so some secret stalker from school isn't offended).
I've never actually had one of those guys talking about girls chats with my male friends at school. It's almost entirely Physics, Philosophy or occasionally general conversation. I'm incredibly thin as well, but the vast majority of girls at my school are either chavs or the 'intelligent' ones are also not easy on the eyes, if you catch my drift. Although there are exceptions (just a disclaimer, so some secret stalker from school isn't offended).

Who cares if they are offended.. :lol: the truth hurts... In my school, I shall not divulge actually! With Carys here now :')
Oh right :colonhash: we have gone from deep personal matters to school... This shows how pressured we are :colonhash: grr!

Also, competition is healthy /unlike Me/ and so I'd abuse power and manipulate people so I'd get better :tongue: eg, get friend to date competition... Break up at exams season... :biggrin:

I'm not sure what you're getting at? Orchestrating faux-relationships? :s-smilie:
My competition is purely academic, I mean the last girl I 'challenged', I never spoke to or even bothered getting to know. All I know is, she started off beating me and I wouldn't be having that. It's funny I've had people try to become the next challenge, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

My school bans makeup, so it actually forces girls to make themselves look good without; it's awesome :mmm: There's a half-Italian girl in my Latin/Classics class :coma:

I don't generally like objectifying girls like that, but with this guy he's the sort of person who makes sexist jokes, etc. A typical "lad" :lol: It's the stuff he talks about :tongue: I think most people think he's an ass as well, but he's overshadowed by my "pretentious, arrogant dick" friend, whom EVERYBODY hates. Not a single person save myself likes him. I only like him because I can't hate him, because he's like me from before I moved to England with a deeper voice and a greater tendency to be hated into silence.
I like it! :biggrin:

Thank you! ^^

Lmao, my entire school is like "Omg the party I went to last night was so cool, oh look this guy is so hot" except my year .. We're all just talking about stuff like "I made this awesome new minecraft server last night". Like literally, walking back from the cafeteria, my mates and I were discussing whether cows could get AIDS, while the girls right in front of us were discussing the year 12's outfit choices.
I'm not sure what you're getting at? Orchestrating faux-relationships? :s-smilie:
My competition is purely academic, I mean the last girl I 'challenged', I never spoke to or even bothered getting to know. All I know is, she started off beating me and I wouldn't be having that. It's funny I've had people try to become the next challenge, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Aaah. I see what you mean one... :tongue:

Funny story, I used to despise Carys... Because she was competition, then I realised I was better than her (I jest)... No I realised we can both do as well as each other and be.happy... Because I'll have more GCSEs anyway :tongue: to the same standard :wink:

Now look! :redface: we are best friends xD I love my contrast don't I :colondollar:

Hello Mr Emery!

Oooohohohoho, I don't know that your school would like the turquoise paper; you obviously know them better than me though, so ignore me :tongue:

It's good though, plenty of cliches :lol: I doubt you need anything spectacular for prefection :tongue: My year had application forms on which we listed previous school awards, etc. and had to write about why we wanted to be Senior Prefects. I pretty much just threw a bunch of fancy words in there (used correctly :colonhash:). Didn't get it :emo: :lol: I think I probably shouldn't have used "garnering" :tongue:
Oooohohohoho, I don't know that your school would like the turquoise paper; you obviously know them better than me though, so ignore me :tongue:

It's good though, plenty of cliches :lol: I doubt you need anything spectacular for prefection :tongue: My year had application forms on which we listed previous school awards, etc. and had to write about why we wanted to be Senior Prefects. I pretty much just threw a bunch of fancy words in there (used correctly :colonhash:). Didn't get it :emo: :lol: I think I probably shouldn't have used "garnering" :tongue:

My school is tiny and quirky and stuff so >.> Like the headmaster stole a student's motorised wheelchair and took it for a ride once .. Yeah. ._.

But yes, cheese! Just going to layer it on and hope they like it xD

Latest