Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not worried about finishing in top 4 for one minute.

As usual Spurs are always put on top of us in any prediction. Broken record now. It's boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Not worried about finishing in top 4 for one minute.

As usual Spurs are always put on top of us in any prediction. Broken record now. It's boring.
    Tbf I did say you'll get top 4 last season. But if the window shuts like this, I genuinely think this is the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbf I did say you'll get top 4 last season. But if the window shuts like this, I genuinely think this is the season.
    They need to strengthen. Its like running across the road without looking you might get away with it a few times but after a while it'l catch up to you.

Can't just have that view of oh Tottenham always **** up so its fine.

ReputationRep:
    The only saving grace is no major departures though. We'll see if tottenham spend anymore this transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    They need to strengthen. Its like running across the road without looking you might get away with it a few times but after a while it'l catch up to you.

Can't just have that view of oh Tottenham always **** up so its fine.
    Insanity: ''doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'' Albert Einstein

Spurs are clowns.

ReputationRep:
    The only saving grace is no major departures though. We'll see if tottenham spend anymore this transfer window.
    That's a good building block need to strengthen though.

(Original post by Zürich)
    Insanity: ''doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'' Albert Einstein

Spurs are clowns.
    Wrong kind of view to take. One day they just might not screw up.

ReputationRep:

Spurs are clowns.
    Arsenal never spend any money. I guess that is never going to change and carry on forever according to that quote then. Likewise, Wigan will be enjoying another season in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Arsenal never spend any money. I guess that is never going to change and carry on forever according to that quote then. Likewise, Wigan will be enjoying another season in the PL.
    That quote argues that if you choose to do the same things again, then the results will be the same. You've somehow interpreted it as saying that events perpetuate themselves unconsciously. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    What the hell are you talking about? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Spurs are clowns.
    Same can be said for arsenal and winning the title each of the past 8 seasons...

This is the year. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    It's not completely ludicrous to suggest that Spurs will finish above us if Bale stays and we don't sign anyone but it's foolish to even bring it up since there is still a month left in the transfer window. There is no way we'll be talking in a months time and Wenger has made no signings. Even he knows that would be completely suicidal.

ReputationRep:
    Not the sharpest tool in the box are you? That quote argues that if you choose to do the same things again, then the results will be the same. You've somehow interpreted it as saying that events perpetuate themselves unconsciously. :rolleyes:
    That quote is completely irrelevant and stupid to use in this situation. Wigan always escape relegation, they didn't. Arsenal never spend any money, apparently you are now. We always used to finish above city, until the season we didn't, we always used to make it out of out CL group, until the season that we didn't. Just because you're called Arsenal and Spurs are called Spurs doesn't mean you have some god given right to finish above them, or because you have made the CL 16 times in a row doesn't mean you will do it a 17th time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    It's not completely ludicrous to suggest that Spurs will finish above us if Bale stays and we don't sign anyone but it's foolish to even bring it up since there is still a month left in the transfer window. There is no way we'll be talking in a months time and Wenger has made no signings. Even he knows that would be completely suicidal.
    Bets on next unattainable striker that you could have got if you spent more money?
    The strikers are running out. Who is realistically available that you can get? Might as well just go for a DM and CB and hope another striker comes along you can get.

Personally I think wenger put all his hope on suarez and will attempt to do so for the rest of the transfer window with no fruition. Then will back a deadline day signing if you guys are doing dire in the league.

ReputationRep:
    Same can be said for arsenal and winning the title each of the past 8 seasons...

This is the year. :teeth:
    Literally havent heard an Arsenal fan say that in years mate. In contrast every single year pundits seem to relish calling Spurs>Arsenal. Big difference.

ReputationRep:
    Literally havent heard an Arsenal fan say that in years mate. In contrast every single year pundits seem to relish calling Spurs>Arsenal. Big difference.
    With RVP, we have a better squad than united and could win the title(last season). We can win the title this year since we have money. I can probably get a quote out of this thread from someone tbh but I'm not bothered to do that. Got jobless things to do

Yeah tbf with the 11/12 season it was looking peak until the signings came, with last season it was kinda obvious you had the 4th strongest squad and it felt like spurs could try and run things close but it was unlikely(well that's how I saw it anyway with modric leaving) but this year I see a difference. I will make a proper judgement at the end of the window though.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Bets on next unattainable striker that you could have got if you spent more money?
    The strikers are running out. Who is realistically available that you can get? Might as well just go for a DM and CB and hope another striker comes along you can get.

Personally I think wenger put all his hope on suarez and will attempt to do so for the rest of the transfer window with no fruition. Then will back a deadline day signing if you guys are doing dire in the league.
    It's alright we'll buy some Arabian lad from the Lower division Swiss league deemed to be the next big thing.

In all honesty I don't think we need that big of a change.

ReputationRep:
    @GeoffArsenal basically confirmed this guy called @WayneGooney18 has info on the club the same way he does. Fabregas is doing a press conference tomorrow, and read this (seems unbelievable but who knows?):

Fabregas' press conference tomorrow: If it happens –– and I don't know that it will because I have not heard it will and I'm basing this point on what's been said and asked on Twitter –– two scenarios are possible:

1. He says he's leaving and comes this year.
    2. He says that he's not leaving and comes next year.

I do not know what he will say. However, the move is already arranged and has been for months. He has done a medical (in Brazil), signed a contract (mid-July, I believe) and we've signed at our end too (a week after he signed or so). It's agreed with Barca (just before we signed, I believe), but they want him to publicly ask to go (and have done all along, as I said from the beginning).

Two points: Like I've said many times, from what I know, he's IS coming THIS season. I've been told that NUMEROUS times myself. I stand by that statement. I am not backtacking by clarifying what happens tomorrow based on what Cesc may or may not say. He is signed, and I've said he's signed for weeks. I maintained that stance whilst he was training and again whilst he is on tour with Barca. If I wanted to back out of saying he was done, I'd have done it much sooner and not have put up with the barrage of idiocy I've endured long before now.

That's as much as I'm saying. It's more complex than simply Barca wanting a CB or Cesc making a choice. Even if he says he's coming tomorrow, I have to wait to explain why he's been on hold for as long as he has; there's a lot more to the move than people actually realise.

So, to finish up, if you're going to act a fool, be harsh nice and early; that way I can block you and we don't have to waste time repeatedly doing the same dance. After all, you wouldn't want to get blocked knowing that you had far more venomous comments that you didn't get to use. What a tragedy that would be for us all.

That's all I can and will say. Tomorrow we'll have all the answers from Cesc.
    Some of his other tweets:

United AREN'T an option and NEVER have been (for fabregas). I've clarified that many times.
    I haven't said Suarez is 100% done. I said it's expected to be sorted very soon. I've said it's further along than people know. That's all I've said.
    We'll announce Suarez soon, and I expect Rooney too (NOT that I can say he's 100% signed YET).
    (Fabregas) has done the contract and medical stuff already. He bought a house, his family is here, it'd make no sense to me that he'd wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    x
    Well that seems to have come out the blue

ReputationRep:
    Why are these judas doingthis to us. FFS, it's BS.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.