Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I would be open to replacing Corbyn tbh, but two objections. First is the lack of an obvious contender, Benn? Eagle? None stick out as someone to shake things up.

Additionally, the PLP behaviour is disgraceful, anyone who resigned in protest against Corbyn was petty and frankly lost all my respect. Tom Watson is another who deserves criticism for that.

I'd be open to a split of some kind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you become a UKIP supporter? There are only two winners from a split: the Tories and UKIP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right now I would love to see Andy Burnham as Labour leader.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Right now I would love to see Andy Burnham as Labour leader.
    Well, he can't even get Mayor of Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see Clive Lewis as leader in a few years, think he could win if we lose under who ever in 2020

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    When did you become a UKIP supporter? There are only two winners from a split: the Tories and UKIP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily, if they split but have an agreement they can fight in different seats.

Or, we can continue with our MPs saying we should ignore the Labour members who vote in their leader.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not necessarily, if they split but have an agreement they can fight in different seats.

Or, we can continue with our MPs saying we should ignore the Labour members who vote in their leader.
    If they're splitting do you really expect such an agreement? And hey, why don't we keep the current parliament indefinitely, after all they were voted in last year, how could we possibly ignore that and dare suggest that the support is not the same any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If they're splitting do you really expect such an agreement? And hey, why don't we keep the current parliament indefinitely, after all they were voted in last year, how could we possibly ignore that and dare suggest that the support is not the same any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, so you don't think the result is being used an excuse to remove him? Other than being planned 6 months ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I still suspect Labour members back Corbyn, if that isn't the case then the correct thing would be to vote him out, note though that they are begging for his resignation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I still suspect Labour members back Corbyn, if that isn't the case then the correct thing would be to vote him out, note though that they are begging for his resignation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Things are much better for the party if he resigns because it leads to a much more open leadership battle. In terms of those that want him in and out it is roughly tied, those that think he should go now and stay until 2020 are roughly tied, with about s tenth saying he should go before the election but not yet (see the bar for the polls)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Should the co-operative party leave labour due to the no confidence vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Should the co-operative party leave labour due to the no confidence vote.
    It's hard to say - I presume you're asking this from the perspective that Jeremy Corbyn and particularly John McDonnell are the first senior MPs to take the cooperative movement seriously in a very long time. On the other hand, many of the Labour & Co-operative MPs appear to be towards the right of the party and some of the most likely to openly oppose Corbyn and undermine him.

It's all very peculiar, my views line up very well of those of the Co-operative Party and I struggled to find anything I disagreed with on their 2015 manifesto, but I consider myself fairly far left (although much like the Co-operative Party I advocate a gradual/persuasive push to my ideals rather than forcing radical immediate change) and I'm a big supporter of Corbyn. I have seen little evidence that any of the Labour Co-op MPs actually do much to push the cooperative movement up the agenda in parliament. I can only assume that they go down that route because the Co-op party provides extra help for its members to gain selection as a candidate in their constituency's.

So to answer your question, I have no idea. Whilst I question their claims that the relationship with Labour has helped to push their agenda to the forefront over the years, I very much doubt there is much of a gap in the market for them to go it alone, especially with the FPTP electoral system; the Green Party also has extensive policy on cooperatives.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Over a week on with no news of a reshuffle, does this mean that the leader of the opposition is carrying on their other ministerial roles, or that key parts of the opposition do not exist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With the grammar boy having now assassinated no less than three Bullingdon boys (Osbourne, Cameron, Boris), when will you declare him your champion.

Being serious, does it embarrass you that in 3 months Gove has done what none of your leaders have been able to do in more than 6 years.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    With the grammar boy having now assassinated no less than three Bullingdon boys (Osbourne, Cameron, Boris), when will you declare him your champion.

Being serious, does it embarrass you that in 3 months Gove has done what none of your leaders have been able to do in more than 6 years.
    To be fair the best way to destroy something is from the inside.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    To be fair the best way to destroy something is from the inside.
    Giggidy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Gove is a slimy snake who shouldn't be admired in any way, shape or form. Has that answered your question?

ReputationRep:

Seems a standard method of appointing Sith Lords.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    When did QQ become leader again?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    When did QQ become leader again?
    I believe he became leader some time in May.

Quamquam123
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I believe he became leader some time in May.

Quamquam123
    I think he's referring to the requests he's been making in here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.