Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool achievements since 2006:

-Qualify for the CL 50% of the time
    -Transfer market laughing stock
    -Dream about the CL
    -Win the Capital One Cup in a penalty shootout vs a Championship side
    -Somehow get it into your head that that Liverpool have achieved something
    -Use the 2005 CL win to deflect attention from 25 years of pitiful nothingness
    -Taunt a club, Arsenal, who've actually won more whilst making huge long term moves and spending less to do so.

Saying that, there are probably more Liverpool fans in Ireland or Norway than in the joke of a city itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Ah fair enough I take that back then.

I remember reading a few years back that his words had been taken out of context (talking about trophies in a financial sense, not a literal sense), guess he has talked about it again since then.
    I still think they were taken out of context, he was trying to highlight that he thinks that achieving 4th and thus Champions league is more important than winning the FA Cup/League Cup which is fair enough wrt the financial situation we were in.

Idk why the scousers can bring that kind of **** up though, since the Emirates has been built they've won the ever so prestigious Carling Cup, all while having a net spend of a 1/5th of the cost of the Emirates lol, spending more than Utd in the same period, while we still churned out a profit and finished above them pretty much consistently.

ReputationRep:
    God sometimes arsenal fans. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Liverpool achievements since 2006:

-Qualify for the CL 50% of the time
    -Transfer market laughing stock
    -Dream about the CL
    -Win the Capital One Cup in a penalty shootout vs a Championship side
    -Somehow get it into your head that that Liverpool have achieved something
    -Use the 2005 CL win to deflect attention from 25 years of pitiful nothingness
    -Taunt a club, Arsenal, who've actually won more whilst making huge long term moves and spending less to do so.

Saying that, there are probably more Liverpool fans in Ireland or Norway than in the joke of a city itself.
    beat me to it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash Ketchum)
    Lol love Zurich's meltdowns. Arsenal thread home of the plastic fans.

Wanna lick his ass some more?
    Arsenal fans are plastic? Probably have the least amount of plastic fans of any team in the upper echelons of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours saying we've been linked with Colombia's keeper David Ospina and advancements on this transfer depend on his WC performance

ReputationRep:

You can call arsenal fans a lot of things but plastic surely isn't one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised the thread got taken down :lol:

ReputationRep:

'Plastic'

Born: Whittingham hospital, Archway
    Raised: Holloway
    Father: Season ticket holder 1971-1989 when **** all was won, used to be on first name terms with Tony Adams

uwot m8?

In contrast, 99% of Anfield are from Norway or Ireland :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    That feeling when Wenger always believed :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Rumours saying we've been linked with Colombia's keeper David Ospina and advancements on this transfer depend on his WC performance
    Swear he's a pretty good keeper, don't see Wenger getting a very strong backup keeper but somebody who is competent. Honestly you were probably better off keeping Mannone.

(Original post by AR_95)
    umad?

Go back to your pokemon society please
    :rofl:

Btw I didn't vote for you on that thread, take from that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Swear he's a pretty good keeper, don't see Wenger getting a very strong backup keeper but somebody who is competent. Honestly you were probably better off keeping Mannone.

:rofl:

Btw I didn't vote for you on that thread, take from that what you will.

Nah it's kl not that bothered with who it was haha

Don't know how we'd fit Ospina tbh cause both keepers are good enough to start

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel Wilshere really needs to up his game for next season? I mean he always looked the brighter talent than Ramsey, but Aaron has blown past ahead of him after this season. Obviously Jack's been unlucky with injuries, but I was really expecting him to start reaching his full potential by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Young back up keeper are a bit of an issue, even if they aren't that good still a little too ambitious. I think you guys had the right idea this season. Someone like Brad Friedel or you guys with Schwarzer is ideal. Older guys in their final years, happy to sit on the bench and get paid, perhaps get a last hurrah like Schwarzer did in the CL for you guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Does anyone else feel Wilshere really needs to up his game for next season? I mean he always looked the brighter talent than Ramsey, but Aaron has blown past ahead of him after this season. Obviously Jack's been unlucky with injuries, but I was really expecting him to start reaching his full potential by now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think last season pretty much made sure Wilshere was out of our first starting XI. Ramsey is miles beyond Wilshere however he could always have that break out season like Ramsey did which is why I think Wenger has had a lot of faith for him tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Needs to push on for sure. Mistakes in his game are the same as when he was 19.

Still think Wilshere can eventually overtake Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    Needs to push on for sure. Mistakes in his game are the same as when he was 19.

Still think Wilshere can eventually overtake Ramsey.

On what aspect? Ramsey is an all round box to box midfielder with goals from everywhere in his locker. He is essentially a more dynamic version of Lampard (remains to be seen whether he will surpass Lampard's career).

Wilshere, has been decidedly underwhelming.

ReputationRep:
    That feeling when Wenger always believed
    And no Arsenal fans did; and the whole fanbase was extremely, unnecessarily and horrifically offensive towards a young kid playing football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Arsenal fans are plastic? Probably have the least amount of plastic fans of any team in the upper echelons of Europe.
    Yeah, please convince yourself that.

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere to me seems like the kinda guy who can control a game better than Ramsey can, his diminutive stature means that he has more mobility and can ride challenges better than most footballers, If he is able to add something else to his game, be it developing his shooting boots, or to be able to pass and dictate a game to a higher level you've got a player on your hands.

He also needs to improve defensively, he goes full blooded into challenges and more often than not comes worse off. Maybe if he bulked up a little or he was a bit smarter in going into challenges he will improve that side of his game.

I feel Wilshere basically needs to improve his attacking side of the game and his defensive side, as an Arsenal fan looking at who you have as midfielders I'd be more inclined to make Wilshere play a more defensive role. Ramsey has put the no.8 position on lockdown, so I'd probably put Wilshere as a no.6. Reckon Wengers thinking is to use Wilshere deep, he's always said that he sees Wilshere as a deep lying playmaker anyway. Remember a point between october 2012 to february 2013 that Wilshere was controlling things, that's what I want to see from Jack.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.