The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
That's more than a bit harsh considering we lost our right back and signed a better one, sold our 3rd centre back and bought a much more versatile center back/ right back/ potential cdm who's 10 years younger for £1mil more, lost our 2nd keeper and bought a better one and have added a £35mil striker.

Add in the fact we got funds for selling Vela's contract rights and we haven't done too badly. Problem is we let Cesc go to Chelseaa for no reason and should have bought Falcao on loan and Khedira kept stalling.

all in all at least a 6/10 but when others are spending £150mil+ and will breach fair play rules for next season it's not horrendous

United could spend another 200m today and we'd still pass FFP with ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7201
Original post by Isometrix

Who's Diaby?? :confused:
Arsenal fans be like "Hey Arsene! Just want a quick chat about some transfer issues"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bwc_feRIcAAKH1T.jpg

Lol twitter.
Original post by AR_95
SOME ONE ANSWER ME WHAT DOES ORNESTEEEN MEAN BY A LATE SURPRISE

Bendtner?

Was gonna be Kalou but he's off to Hertha Berlin.
Reply 7204
Original post by sr90
I will be incredibly annoyed if we let that happen.

But from your previous comments I was pretty sure it was your decision to make?
We are going to be signing a legendary striker before 11pm. An ex-Arsenal man who strikes fear into the hearts of the opposition.

No, not RvP. We are signing Chamakh.
DIS GUY FFS WHY IS HE TROLLIN?? #Jimwhiteout

https://vine.co/v/OBtA7MatIiI
reckon walcott might be back for City, that would be nice, as well as Gibbs and Arteta.
Original post by AR_95
SOME ONE ANSWER ME WHAT DOES ORNESTEEEN MEAN BY A LATE SURPRISE

Bendtner?

Negredo or Carvalho
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Negredo or Carvalho

Negredo's off to Valencia :colonhash:
Original post by jam278
united are balling. They are officially exempt from FFP like Madrid.

LOOOOL, sorry forgot about that.

Don't forget Barca, the team with a transfer ban signing a player who was banned from footballing activities
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Negredo's off to Valencia :colonhash:

Lee Clayton just said don't rule it out
we aint signing ****

glad im not a season ticket holder, imagine paying obscene money to watch sanogo lean how to play football

fuming
Original post by Ilz300
But from your previous comments I was pretty sure it was your decision to make?

It should be, but the closer it gets to deadline anything can happen. Personally I would like to see him at Spurs, he'd do well there.
Original post by Peggles_*
Don't care, we needed a ST and DM and have done so for 3 years and we don't have that.

Spent
Alexis £35m
Debuchy £12m
Ospina £3m
Chambers £16m

Received
Fabregas £5.6m
Vermaelen £15m
Vela £12m
Djourou £2.5n
CL £25m

Net spend £5.9m

Still haven't addressed the issues we've had for years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Don't care"; the reply of a man/woman with no basis to their argument :rolleyes:

I agree we should have signed Cesc, but we certainly didn't get 5.6mil from the sale as it was 25% of PROFIT iirc which would be 1.25mil, plus no other prem sides in champions league count the 25mil for being in the competition so why should we?

If thats the case Chelsea must be in a profit for this window.

A cdm at a minimum, but I'd be happy with Khedira or Sneiderlain and a GREAT striker on loan til January (will never happen but David Villa on loan til Jan would have been ideal tbh, but as a back up plan)
(edited 9 years ago)
Lee Clayton just said don't rule it out

His tweet is very contradictory in itself!
Original post by sr90
United could spend another 200m today and we'd still pass FFP with ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bull****, you'll come out at a huge loss in 3 months time otherwise you would spend 200mil...
Reply 7217
Original post by leinad2012
"Don't care"; the reply of a man/woman with no basis to their argument :rolleyes:

I agree we should have signed Cesc, but we certainly didn't get 5.6mil from the sale as it was 25% of PROFIT iirm which would be 1.25mil, plus no other prem sides in champions league count the 25mil for being in the competition so why should we?

If thats the case Chelsea must be in a profit for this window.

A cdm at a minimum, but I'd be happy with Khedira or Sneiderlain and a GREAT striker on loan til January (will never happen but David Villa on loan til Jan would have been ideal tbh, but as a back up plan)

After the loss of Alonso, Madrid will not let Khedeira leave this window.
Original post by Ilz300
After the loss of Alonso, Madrid will not let Khedeira leave this window.

They still have lots of CM's but if it's been stalling for the last 3 months there's no reason why it'll change now you're right
Reply 7219
Negredo or Carvalho

Either would be good
Neither are happening

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest