Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Wednesday for 11am
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    For those of you who want to be traders within Investment Banks, I think this is a good talk to watch:

Don't take what he says as complete gospel but he does raise some very meaningful points which I can verify through personal experiences.

Some of those points are the main reasons why I chose against aiming for a career focusing around the secondary markets.
    He's a real alphamale

ReputationRep:
    anyone from the second batch of barclays first round interviews (on the 19th) heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    He's a real alphamale
    He doesn't do cocaine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mdhu)
    Anyone heard from GS IMD yet?
    Absolutely nothing yet, still under review.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashzeJ)
    He doesn't do cocaine though.
    Oh believe me he does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcoburn)
    anyone from the second batch of barclays first round interviews (on the 19th) heard back yet?
    On the same boat, haven't heard back anything yet so far

ReputationRep:
    So, here comes the end of another working day...............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ermine)
    So, here comes the end of another working day...............
    That's how I feel lol every weekday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark27)
    On the same boat, haven't heard back anything yet so far
    Same here. My status was "interview completed!" and now it is " Telephone interview completed."
    That is the only change...

ReputationRep:
    Guess it's time to assume a rejection from GS and CS unfortunately...

ReputationRep:
    I think that GS is still reviewing application as there were still offers and rejections today according to this thread.
    I am still under review too for GS IBD (and still hopping ).

Does anyone know if when they call it is directly to give an offer or rejection, or there is also an interview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f-g-r)
    I think that GS is still reviewing application as there were still offers and rejections today according to this thread.
    I am still under review too for GS IBD (and still hopping ).

Does anyone know if when they call it is directly to give an offer or rejection, or there is also an interview ?
    Interview notification comes by email and calls are for offers. Although GS IBD has done many interview tho so don't know...

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    to those who already had an interview with UBS: any tips? how long was it? is it competency based? looking forward to hear about your experience!
    thank you! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londongirl1995)
    hello,
    to those who already had an interview with UBS: any tips? how long was it? is it competency based? looking forward to hear about your experience!
    What division/programme is the interview for?

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute advice for First Round Barclays Interview tomorrow? Is there any commercial awareness or is it just strengths based questions?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    By this point I sort of only stalked the thread, which was very helpful for my interview Got my offer today for Operations at UBS
    (Original post by Londongirl1995)
    hello,
    For me the questions were why UBS why Operations (or why the chosen division), and then mostly competency based, I think 3 or 4 and one question about how the financial crisis has affected investment banks, so basically the same someone else got here in the thread Roughly 15 minutes long, had the interview Friday afternoon, got the offer Monday morning.

Already accepted the offer, so I hope to see some of you in April

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone share their experience from Barclays final round interview please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LyffePTC)
    Interview notification comes by email and calls are for offers. Although GS IBD has done many interview tho so don't know...
    Thanks for the information. I have applied really late so it will need a bit of luck. Wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qsbs)
    Can anyone share their experience from Barclays final round interview please?
    Yes please if anyone has any information.
    I emailed asking about the format and was told same format as initial interview

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.