Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    To Allah we come from and it is to him we return. A request for Dua to the 40 civilians slaughtered by the Saudi-Arabia-Us backed onslaught of the people of Yemen. May Allah swt protect the innocent men, women and children from violence.

39 civilians dead in Saudi airstrikes on Yemen

Nearly 40 civilians have lost their lives as neighboring Saudi Arabia pushes ahead with its airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in Yemen, health officials say.The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, told AFP on Friday that twelve of the 39 victims were killed when Saudi warplanes struck residential areas close to al-Samaa military base, north of the capital city of Sana’a.The military base is used by army units believed to be loyal to former Republican Guard Commander Brigadier General Ahmed Ali Abdullah Saleh.Three airstrikes also targeted the presidential compound in southern Sana’a in the wee hours of Friday, witnesses said.The Saudi military aircraft also pounded an army brigade controlled by Ansarullah forces in Yemen’s western province of Amran as well as arms depots in the Malaheez region in the northwestern city of Sa’ada, located 240 kilometers (150 miles) north of Sana’a.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/03/27/403582/Saudi-raids-kill-39-civilians-in-Yemen

Ameen. May Allah guide our brothers and protect the Ummah. Allahumma a'izal islama wal muslimeen.

ReputationRep:
    Can an unbiased individual summarise what is occuring between Saudi and Yemen. Thank you. Can't rely on the news...or even some Muslims apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the spirits of two believers will meet throughout the day, even if they do not see each other.”

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللهِ بْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏ إِنَّ رُوحَ الْمُؤْمِنَيْنِ لَيَلْتَقِيَانِ فِي مَسِيرَةِ يَوْمٍ وَمَا رَأَى أَحَدُهُمَا صَاحِبَهُ
    Salam alaikum. Thank you for the beauts post xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    AsalaamAlaikum All

wsalam
    Nice to see you back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the spirits of two believers will meet throughout the day, even if they do not see each other.”

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللهِ بْنِ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ‏ إِنَّ رُوحَ الْمُؤْمِنَيْنِ لَيَلْتَقِيَانِ فِي مَسِيرَةِ يَوْمٍ وَمَا رَأَى أَحَدُهُمَا صَاحِبَهُ
    Nice to see you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brb i think ur mistaken because Incredible and tawheed posts as well

ReputationRep:
    Can an unbiased individual summarise what is occuring between Saudi and Yemen. Thank you. Can't rely on the news...or even some Muslims apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm interested to read a summary myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5n(12-2n))
    Brb i think ur mistaken because Incredible and tawheed posts as well
    I don't quite understand you. I thanked Mary for her beautiful posts...I messaged incredible hoping she is okay. And i'm grateful for whatever other beneficial posts are present on the ISOC... I'm not picking and choosing if that's what you're implying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Want to make your children love Islam? Show them how it makes you a loving husband to their mother or a loving wife to their father. You have no idea how much the quality of your marriage impacts the way they view your lifestyle and the lifestyle you’re trying to teach them.

Omar Suleiman

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Put very simply, there is effectively a civil war going on between the internationally recognised government and the Houthi rebels. The rebels cite religious discrimination, corruption an oppression as motivation. Saudi Arabia and other Arab states have intervened to support the government against the rebels. There is speculation that because the government is Sunni and the rebels are Shia, it is also a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran for control of influence in a vital region of the Arabian peninsula.
    So basically there is a sectarian civil war going on with the Iranian backed Shia Houthi on one side and the Saudi/Arab/US backed Sunni government on the other. The issue is complicated by the presence of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) who were originally being targeted by the government but who now appear to have engaged in an uneasy truce in order to combat the Houthi rebels.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Long story short, Saudi and a coalition of gulf countries (and Sudan and Pakistan) send jets to bombard Houthi (a zaydi shia militia allegedly backed by Iran) positions as they had taken over many of the countries cities (via a coup) and were advancing on the southern city of Aden where the president that had been deposed (but was still recognised as the state leader) was staying.

short story short;

Lotsa arabs strike yemeni houthi militia from the air and have ground forces on standby to invade to restore pres. Hadi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Put very simply, there is effectively a civil war going on between the internationally recognised government and the Houthi rebels. The rebels cite religious discrimination, corruption an oppression as motivation. Saudi Arabia and other Arab states have intervened to support the government against the rebels. There is speculation that because the government is Sunni and the rebels are Shia, it is also a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran for control of influence in a vital region of the Arabian peninsula.
    So basically there is a sectarian civil war going on with the Iranian backed Shia Houthi on one side and the Saudi/Arab/US backed Sunni government on the other. The issue is complicated by the presence of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) who were originally being targeted by the government but who now appear to have engaged in an uneasy truce in order to combat the Houthi rebels.
    Yikes. I'm grateful to be living in the UK!
    Thank you for the summary.

ReputationRep:
    So my mum's uncle (we call him granddad) passed away last night and it just puts this life into perspective. It reminds me not to get caught up with this world when I should be preparing for the hereafter. It's scary how quick life can go by and that I'm not guaranteed to reach old age and death can come anytime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    So my mum's uncle (we call him granddad) passed away last night and it just puts this life into perspective. It reminds me not to get caught up with this world when I should be preparing for the hereafter. It's scary how quick life can go by and that I'm not guaranteed to reach old age and death can come anytime.
    Sorry to hear. :console:

It can also remind you to make the most of this world and enjoy it (without committing sin) so that you have no regrets when the time comes to pass away,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Words can not do justice to the sacrifice of Lady Khadija, may Allah swt be pleased with her. Indeed, when Muhammed pbuh was 25, he was her husband in a monogamous relationship for the majority of his youth until around the age of 50. She sacrificed her wealth, her health, and everything for Islam, and gave birth of the lady of Light, one of the leaders of the women of Jannah, Fatima daughter of Muhammed a.s

There is not a single known case of disobedience, negligence, hatred, jealousy, harm implicit or explicit from lady khadija throughout her entire life.
    PRSOM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Walaykum asalaam sis xo

Hope you're well

ReputationRep:

Inna lillahi wa in ilaihi rajioon

ReputationRep:
    Inna lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji'un. To Allah we belong and to him is our return. May Allah grant your family strength and patience at this time. Stay strong sister.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Please can we stop thinking irrationally at times.
    I understand we aren't perfect humans but it's just that, these unimportant situations lead to either lowering one’s self –esteem or making the other person feel like they've done something wrong (guilty). Also, one may not have the intention you have.
    We need to think positively with a good heart. The best thing to do is, if you ever come across a situation just ignore and carry on with life. It is not necessary to say something. This can be applied to real - life as well. We are living this life; death can come any time, in fact to some of us we know that it’s near. Forget the odd little things like such. Focus on the better and what change you want to make.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.