What are you listening to now? VII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vicky628
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SassKing13)
Ah, I see! Porcupine is great, some very energetic songs on there Quite obscure lyrics, but that's typical Bunnymen haha Ocean Rain is great too. The title track is an amazing song Hope you enjoy!
I'll let you know! What else is your jam then?

(Original post by Amellia123)
Yeah thats true and they really are!! Haha yes you will Same really, I've promised myself I wont buy anything until I get a job (although I am never doing café work again... ill have to try the pub :lol:) Haha yeah you will!! Omg I will be very jealous
Anything? Like not even an emergency pair of shoes?!? I admire your self restraint man haha, I'll be jealous of those sensible people who are actually eating... I don't think I'll have time for a job this summer, probs do some voluntary stuff, but I can't promise constant hours... Idk I doubt the pub's any better
Amellia123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Vicky628)

Anything? Like not even an emergency pair of shoes?!? I admire your self restraint man haha, I'll be jealous of those sensible people who are actually eating... I don't think I'll have time for a job this summer, probs do some voluntary stuff, but I can't promise constant hours... Idk I doubt the pub's any better
Haha well, I mean anything I don't need - though I try not to accumulate items for the sake of it :lol: Haha aww no! Of course you will be able to eat Ahh right I see, I haven't been going volunteering as much as I did because of exams, but I shall get back into it once they are over! Haha I thought it would be easier as its just down the road, and the Landlord is really nice
username1467365
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Awesome and hmmm... The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, The Doors, R.E.M.... Just to name a few I like all sorts, but I mainly like 80s post-punk/New Wave/Indie

These are two bands I quite like which you may not of heard of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLk0rQORHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsjDsKNxuM
Vicky628
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amellia123)
Haha well, I mean anything I don't need - though I try not to accumulate items for the sake of it :lol: Haha aww no! Of course you will be able to eat Ahh right I see, I haven't been going volunteering as much as I did because of exams, but I shall get back into it once they are over! Haha I thought it would be easier as its just down the road, and the Landlord is really nice
Fair enough! I kind of can't help it (especially if it's cheap!) no, nor have I.... Haven't done anything since Jan, and I feel a bit bad, but so will I! Probably, then, and if you can walk it saves on petrol& all I mainly babysit, I mean, it's dubiously minimum wage (almost?) but it's essentially easy money

(Original post by SassKing13)
Awesome and hmmm... The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, The Doors, R.E.M.... Just to name a few I like all sorts, but I mainly like 80s post-punk/New Wave/Indie

These are two bands I quite like which you may not of heard of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLk0rQORHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsjDsKNxuM
I'm with you on all but the Cure, I don't quite get them, I think I've got an album on my phone, but I'm not convinced... I love REM (even though they aren't British, and a good 90% of my music is..) and I'm listening to JD atm! I like the chameleons, haven't heard of the other dudes though
username1467365
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fair enough! I kind of can't help it (especially if it's cheap!) no, nor have I.... Haven't done anything since Jan, and I feel a bit bad, but so will I! Probably, then, and if you can walk it saves on petrol& all I mainly babysit, I mean, it's dubiously minimum wage (almost?) but it's essentially easy money

I'm with you on all but the Cure, I don't quite get them, I think I've got an album on my phone, but I'm not convinced... I love REM (even though they aren't British, and a good 90% of my music is..) and I'm listening to JD atm! I like the chameleons, haven't heard of the other dudes though
Some of the early Cure stuff is quite good, if a little dark... It's a bit less poppy Ah I see! The Chameleons are great, really underrated. The Comsat Angels are too. The Cure made a fantastic album in 1989 called 'Disintegration'. Very, very good! I was also listening to Talking Heads recently. Very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x7vX2nBxFo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFmlRCyVUs

I also like early Ultravox - they used to be called 'Ultravox!'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IctpshtQaLI
ieub
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
George Ezra - Did you hear the rain?
A lot of Jamie T :P!
Amellia123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Hahaha I used to be like that, but then hated having no money :lol: I actually really like shopping in charity shops....ive had so much great stuff from them! (especially the one I volunteer at!) Ahh I see, theres a farm that I still volunteer at a few times a month, so will need to up that a bit in the holiday Yeah I agree, means more money in my pocket Ahh cool! How do you find that? (I have never done it!) The café I used to work at was okay, and I got just over the minimum wage but it was such long days (8.30-6) so came home exhausted and had to go to school the next day too
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ieub)
George Ezra - Did you hear the rain?
A lot of Jamie T :P!
Both great choices. I remember hearing Ezra singing that on the Mahogany Sessions around 3 years so. Really glad he's become famous.

I still know all of the words to Sheila and If You Got the Money.
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:lolwut: :rolleyes: :afraid:
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lush life
Imperion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

WOW
fire_and_ice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
username996405
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fire_and_ice)
x
I love 'Elevator' by Keaton Henson!
francismcgowan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxKr...has_verified=1
Castro Saint
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
One of the saddest songs ever

ByronicHero
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Badges: 16
Report 3 years ago
Yay!

Edit/

First and last time listening to this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
irrationalvarun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tchaikovsky, obviously.
Kernel_Coder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You know you love it really.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
11.11%
No (8)
88.89%

Watched Threads