Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    YAAASSS! I actually moved up a decile! I am now in the 4th one! That still sucks but I guess it's better than being in the 3rd. Hopefully that improves my chances. Gotta be honest, I am SURPRISED AS F as to how the averages are lower than last year!!!!!!

COME ON MEDICINE!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Who would be classified as being in the bottom 20% nationally?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    YAAASSS! I actually moved up a decile! I am now in the 4th one! That still sucks but I guess it's better than being in the 3rd. Hopefully that improves my chances. Gotta be honest, I am SURPRISED AS F as to how the averages are lower than last year!!!!!!

COME ON MEDICINE!!!!
    I love your posts so much!😂 anyway congrats! Same here I opened the website expecting it to be like 1940 or something 😂 yayyyyy for both of us anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliette.dgs)
    Oh sorry, my bad. I read that on the medic portal
    King's is a UKCAT heavy university! You'll need to be in the 70th percentile to get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Oh right I see with the %. I'm in 8th decile which is decent I believe, if you go back a page or so someone said what Manchester had wanted in terms of % the last few years! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whoah mama! So you are in the top 30% of the country? DAYUMN!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Whoah mama! So you are in the top 30% of the country? DAYUMN!!!!
    I'm so happy 😱 never thought this would happen honestly😂 thanks for all the support though! Just hope it's enough for Manchester lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    71 because people have been working out what % they are? I don't know I was just asking if I worked it out right I know I'm in the 7th decile but just wondering would that make me at 71% then? Just want to see where I stand for Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by jonny_jo)
    I got a total of 2290, where does that actually put me?
    There isn't anyway to know what percentage you are at apart from saying that 1990 or something is 70% mark and u are above that so you must be between 70.5% and 79.5% (so you can be higher than 71% or 71% there's no way to tell, it's just an estimation lol)
    It doesn't matter what the name is decile 7 or 8 or 1000 it still means the same thing. You have done better than 70% of people. This was called 7th decile now people starting to call it 8th decile doesn't mean anything better. If you actually understood what deciles were then it means the same thing and being called 8th decile doesn't put u at any more advantage because you have still done better by the same % of people.

ReputationRep:

COME ON MEDICINE!!!!
    Hey, deciles mean the amount of percent of people who you have done better than. So for your case you have done better than 30% of people.
    Unless you are applying to universities that have a cut-off in terms of deciles then it's better to go off the raw data to judge your score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    There isn't anyway to know what percentage you are at apart from saying that 1990 or something is 70% mark and u are above that so you must be between 70.5% and 79.5%.
    It doesn't matter what the name is decile 7 or 8 or 1000 it still means the same thing. You have done better than 70% of people. This was called 7th decile now people starting to call it 8th decile doesn't mean anything better. If you actually understood what deciles were then it means the same thing and being called 8th decile doesn't put u at any more advantage because you have still done better by the same % of people.
    Yeah but all I'm saying is I saw someone post % for Manchester so I was trying to find out if there was a way of finding out my % exactly, so I could see where I stood that was it. I know it doesn't give me an advantage I just wanted to find out exactly what i was on that was all, it would mean the exact same I know in the grand scheme of things, but just to compare to what someone said about Manchester. Anyway thanks for replying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    heyy! i got 1950 so i'm confused as to what decile in in 6th or 7th???

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but all I'm saying is I saw someone post % for Manchester so I was trying to find out if there was a way of finding out my % exactly, so I could see where I stood that was it. I know it doesn't give me an advantage I just wanted to find out exactly what i was on that was all, it would mean the exact same I know in the grand scheme of things, but just to compare to what someone said about Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh right yeah. the percentage thing is just an estimation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy 😱 never thought this would happen honestly😂 thanks for all the support though! Just hope it's enough for Manchester lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, that's going to be more than good enough for Manchester I imagine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Lol just know you did better than 60% of people. People are confusing things on here by understanding things as the same name. Ukcat apparently call it if you have done better than 60% then you are in the 7th but people called it the 6th and are now confused but it still means the exact same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's going to be more than good enough for Manchester I imagine!
    I hope so 👻 now it's a big waiting game for rejections/interviews, one thing leads on to the next 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    Just view it like this. You are in the 62nd percentile approximately. So approximately, you are in the top 38% in the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    Lol just know you did better than 60% of people. People are confusing things on here by understanding things as the same name. Ukcat apparently call it if you have done better than 60% then you are in the 7th but people called it the 6th and are now confused but it still means the exact same thing.
    ahhh ok!! thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I am quite confused as to what deciles mean as there seems to be various explanations o this thread, does a score of 2080 mean I'm in the top 80% or top 90% as some say its the 9th decile...

ReputationRep:
    is 6th decile enough for queen mary uni??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not_a_horse)
    Hi Guys, I am quite confused as to what deciles mean as there seems to be various explanations o this thread, does a score of 2080 mean I'm in the top 80% or top 90% as some say its the 9th decile...
    Roughly 82nd percentile. So you are in top 18%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    is 6th decile enough for queen mary uni??
    Yes if you have a high UCAS tariff, so high predicted or achieved A levels are required.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.