Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Origin of the pancake)
:hugs: Thanks. Generally ive been alright, i just get like the odd day where i'll just sit there or feel numb or something. Kind of feel in a bubble though, not sure its quite sunk in yet:redface:
Yeah, it probably hasn't to be honest. Do you have a supportive family and supportive friends (besides us)? :hugs:
Origin of the pancake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Yeah, it probably hasn't to be honest. Do you have a supportive family and supportive friends (besides us)? :hugs:
The rest of my family seem to have coped a lot better than i have, but it feels like they dont even like it being mentioned,which makes it feel weird. My friends are pretty supportive, but i feel embarassed talking to them about it, plus dont want to feel like a massive burden :redface: :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Origin of the pancake)
The rest of my family seem to have coped a lot better than i have, but it feels like they dont even like it being mentioned,which makes it feel weird. My friends are pretty supportive, but i feel embarassed talking to them about it, plus dont want to feel like a massive burden :redface: :hugs:
I'm sorry but if any of them think you're a massive burden, they are NOT worth your time. This will be one of the hardest things you ever do through in life and if people think you're a burden....well....let me beat them up for you! x
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sorry but if any of them think you're a massive burden, they are NOT worth your time. This will be one of the hardest things you ever do through in life and if people think you're a burden....well....let me beat them up for you! x
Hehe, Thanks :hugs:
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi All, soz for not posting in ages, been at a relatives christening.

I haven't felt so sick in ages. I had a nasty panic attack today on the train home which got to the point where I was literually sick. I was on my own which made the situation even worse.

I'm back in my flat and have owrk tomorrow, I'm hoping to make lots of progress on a project that has been delayed on occasions due to political issues

I'm feeling pretty misrable at the moment. I'm tempted to open the chocolate fingers

:hugs: to all, how is everyone?

BlackFish
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How is everyone today? :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Figuring out how to tell my flatmates that I'm leaving...
Origin of the pancake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Figuring out how to tell my flatmates that I'm leaving...
How long are you staying?

If youre staying a few more days or whatever id leave it till the last minute, but im a big wuss and wouldnt like the awkwardness :redface:

Pink_sapphires- Doing alright today How are you?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
KMN - just say you're unhappy and leaving. They can't mind. To be honest, I keep in touch with so few people from uni, despite them all saying they'd miss me and throwing me a big leaving do. Don't worry about it, it's your life at the end of the day, you control it not them.

Origin - I'm ok I suppose. Thinking too much as per usual and have a headache but never mind. Had my day at Marie Curie today and got annoyed with the manager because she kept stopping me from doing things. We've got a raffle on at the minute and when someone else covered me on the till for lunch I said 'keep the raffle tickets out so people can see we're having a raffle' and the manager came over and told me not to do that because people would steal them. And I said selling raffle tickets was easy and she got into a long discussion with me saying that it's really hard. Really annoyed me but never mind.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How is everyone today? :hugs:
Feeling down. Going to work tomorrow. I'm going to the leisure centre tonight and going to use the steam rooms I find that really relaxing, then possibly hit the pub afterwards.

How are you?
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Two down, two to go (my other flatmate is in London for reading week and won't be back til the weekend, I'll leave her a note)

Just told the girl, she went 'What?' and then asked if someone else would be moving into my room. I said that I was going out to Origins and the Venue for the last time and she went oh, I've got loads of work... Fair enough.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
Feeling down. Going to work tomorrow. I'm going to the leisure centre tonight and going to use the steam rooms I find that really relaxing, then possibly hit the pub afterwards.

How are you?
I'm ok I suppose thanks. Got a belting headache though
Enjoy the steam room! I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. I feel really fat today. Need to get back into it.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Two down, two to go (my other flatmate is in London for reading week and won't be back til the weekend, I'll leave her a note)

Just told the girl, she went 'What?' and then asked if someone else would be moving into my room. I said that I was going out to Origins and the Venue for the last time and she went oh, I've got loads of work... Fair enough.
ha, typical kent students...they don't care about you, they just care about who the new person in the room is going to be. Same happened to me hun. Just confirmed that I was definitely doing the right thing. When are you heading back home? Home is Buckinghamshire isn't it? Whereabouts? :hugs:
Dreizhen
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
1st ever loner Asian at your service
Laus
Report 10 years ago
kmn, they sound like **** friends. :hugs:

I feel like ****. I can't finish the term now, as I've missed a fair bit and I haven't done the essays. I haven't been home for long but I already know I'm going to hate it. I wanted to spend time with my mum but I just can't cope with anything. I can't cope with life. It's all too much to be honest. I don't want to live like this I hate my life and everything about it. I'm a waste of space.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dreizhen)
1st ever loner Asian at your service
hi, welcome to the dep soc I'm sure you're not a loner and your race doesn't matter to us at all! I'm Liz by the way. What's your name and how are you? :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ha, typical kent students...they don't care about you, they just care about who the new person in the room is going to be. Same happened to me hun. Just confirmed that I was definitely doing the right thing. When are you heading back home? Home is Buckinghamshire isn't it? Whereabouts? :hugs:
Yep, Bucks, Aylesbury.

My sister just pointed out that my Dad is getting posted at the end of the year, so I might not have a home for very long. I wish my parents had told me that... I'm a bit worried about it now.
Dreizhen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hi, welcome to the dep soc I'm sure you're not a loner and your race doesn't matter to us at all! I'm Liz by the way. What's your name and how are you? :hugs:
My race might not make a difference to you, but being from a racial generation of future doctors, lawyers and accountants with no idea of what it's like to have self-esteem problems I'm going to find it pretty hard not to feel at least a tad inferior.

I can't reveal my name and being in the depression society means I can't be all that good.

How about you? :redface:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laus :hugs: Are you at home now? You are worth so much. Look at your last posts, full of hope and kindness. Can you intermit?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep, Bucks, Aylesbury.

My sister just pointed out that my Dad is getting posted at the end of the year, so I might not have a home for very long. I wish my parents had told me that... I'm a bit worried about it now.
The AA says we live 35 miles apart. Maybe we should have this TSR meet? A few of us live quite close together. If your Dad was posted, would you have to go too? :hugs:

(Original post by Dreizhen)
My race might not make a difference to you, but being from a racial generation of future doctors, lawyers and accountants with no idea of what it's like to have self-esteem problems I'm going to find it pretty hard not to feel at least a tad inferior.

I can't reveal my name and being in the depression society means I can't be all that good.

How about you? :redface:
Well I can tell you now that I know plenty of Asian people who don't want to be and won't be future doctors, lawyers and accountants but I can understand that there is probably a LOT of pressure on you from your family. Is that the case? Would you like to be a doctor, lawyer or accountant? At the end of the day, like I said to another member on here earlier today, it's YOUR life and only you can lead it.

That's fine about your name. Liz isn't my real name, I just use it on here. Loads of us have dep soc names actually. We can just call you Dreizhen though if you prefer

Have you seen a doctor about depression?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads