Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanmayee)
    I'm out and my 3G signal is fairly slow. (only the TSR app seems to be not-so-slow) Would someone please be so kind as to let me know whether the AQA PHYA5 grade boundaries are lower/higher than usual? much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Slightly lower for PHYA5 - A.
    50 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorem Ipsum)
    You're so going to get an A in philosophy.
    I hope so... It's what I'm counting on for for uni!

I need 48/70 for an A overall from the Philosophy paper and 54/70 on the New Testament.. and I read the question wrong and got my essay all wrong. I wrote about Jesus' audience, not Mark's audience

Eh.. I'm going to get my hair done in a bit to try calm down.. but I am SO nervous right now..

Plus looking at my accommodation application for Bath on the tracker which has suddenly vanished makes me think they rejected me :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry:

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to Edexcel via email, they said the boundaries are coming out at 2AM tomorrow morning. So don't lose any sleep.
    Ah cheers for that! But that sounds quite weird... Any explanation? Or are we going to see another grade boundary fiasco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowerii)
    Almost too knackered to stress out about exams now, just came back from a vicious bike ride.
    I'm pooped.
    Cookies and a cat nap on the agenda for today.
    Best of luck, everyone. If if all goes to pot for us, then we can organise a mass exodus to Thailand or something. :console:
    Here, here.

ReputationRep:
    What are my chances of getting an unconditional offer from my firm if my grades are A*A*AA and my offer is AAA? My offer needs me to have an A in maths which is the A2 result I'm waiting for but I'm afraid I might end up with a B.
    Input appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to Edexcel via email, they said the boundaries are coming out at 2AM tomorrow morning. So don't lose any sleep.
    You might as well just wait for the actual results by then right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    What are my chances of getting an unconditional offer from my firm if my grades are A*A*AA and my offer is AAA? My offer needs me to have an A in maths which is the A2 result I'm waiting for but I'm afraid I might end up with a B.
    Input appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Umm, if you get A*A*AA and your offer is AAA, then you've done better than your offer...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the Edexcel and AQA grade boundaries have been released for AS Level yet? Sorry, I'm rubbish at using exam board websites!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potential Medic)
    For AQA Biology Unit 2 you need 72 marks out of 85 to get full UMS and for Chemistry Unit 2 you need 99 marks out of 100 to get full UMS. I thought some of you might want to know as not everyone is able to access the UMS convertor.
    Thanks for that!

Biology is so low
    But Chemistry is ridiculously high even though I thought it was a hard paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Umm, if you get A*A*AA and your offer is AAA, then you've done better than your offer...
    I think she was referring to the part about the subject specific requirement i.e. maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisystones)
    Does anyone know if the Edexcel and AQA grade boundaries have been released for AS Level yet? Sorry, I'm rubbish at using exam board websites!
    I know the AQA ones have been released!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisystones)
    Edexcel Maths is out , and the AQA and OCR boundaries are out - if you go to the Grade Boundaries thread , the links for AQA and OCR are on page one

ReputationRep:
    If AQA don't give me a grade tomorrow.. they should expect their building to be on fire at about 9am.
    I live around the corner from it :devil::devil:

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone planning to go Queen Mary University Of London?

ReputationRep:
    Another 12 hours of waiting for edexcel now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divergent)
    If AQA don't give me a grade tomorrow.. they should expect their building to be on fire at about 9am.
    I live around the corner from it :devil::devil:
    please stop living under this delusion that AQA will give you a grade because quite frankly they won't, you need to sit the exam in order to get the grade, it wasn't your fault but the maximum you can get is 5% extra marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Thanks for that!

Biology is so low
    But Chemistry is ridiculously high even though I thought it was a hard paper!
    Maybe the markscheme has a lot of ALLOWs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    please stop living under this delusion that AQA will give you a grade because quite frankly they won't, you need to sit the exam in order to get the grade, it wasn't your fault but the maximum you can get is 5% extra marks
    Yeah, but she didn't sit the exams. They'll be predicted for her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Yeah, but she didn't sit the exams. They'll be predicted for her!
    She holds university offers, universities want grades not predictions

ReputationRep:
    has ocr been released yet

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.