Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You can twist stats in many way to suits your point can't you. I'm especially loling at the bolded part. That's why stats are worthless.

There are many reasons why we conceded more away than at home. It's due to us been more open at home, teams' attacking us more away from home. We were also included in many high scoring matches at home. I bet most of the games where we conceded 2+ games were at home- taking the Newcastle and Spurs home game for example, despite 5 goals here, we came away with a +8 GD in both.

However you do it, it won't change the fact that we is more than happy with our defence. They get unfair criticism and slack from media and non-Arsenal fans. One of the best defence in the PL on it's day. It's amazing that people still think that Chelsea's and United's defence is in another universe compared to ours. Our only defensive worry is lack of body but that's due to apprehension over injury happening not about quality. We need more focus on improving in other areas.
    If you read my post properly.. you'd see that Arsenal conceded more at home and had a better defence away..

Why would teams attack you more when they are playing away? Teams are more likely to be conservative at the Emirates than at their home ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    People saying Arsenal won't finish in the top four this year?

What is it now? 8 seasons running with failed predicitions.
    after you sold Fabregas then people started to say you wouldn't get top 4 not for 8 years.. you were leading the PL race in the 2007/08 season till february, after that season people didn't consider you title challengers but still expected to get CL football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    after you sold Fabregas then people started to say you wouldn't get top 4 not for 8 years.. you were leading the PL race in the 2007/08 season till february, after that season people didn't consider you title challengers but still expected to get CL football.
    Actually, people have said it for years. It started when we sold Henry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    If you read my post properly.. you'd see that Arsenal conceded more at home and had a better defence away..

Why would teams attack you more when they are playing away? Teams are more likely to be conservative at the Emirates than at their home ground.
    That was my point exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    @GeoffArsenal basically confirmed this guy called @WayneGooney18 has info on the club the same way he does. Fabregas is doing a press conference tomorrow, and read this (seems unbelievable but who knows?):

Some of his other tweets:

Is this guy saying fabregas HAS signed a contract with us and is coming this year or next?
    And he's also saying we've got both Suarez and Rooney?
    I won't get my hopes up anymore :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Is this guy saying fabregas HAS signed a contract with us and is coming this year or next?
    And he's also saying we've got both Suarez and Rooney?
    I won't get my hopes up anymore :holmes:
    Doesn't help that tata martino said that fabregas is staying for this season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Actually, people have said it for years. It started when we sold Henry.
    Earlier, started with Vieira. Pundits do seem to have a fetish about knocking Arsenal. Reckon its the holier than thou vibe the club/fans give off, people like seeing the good guys get flattened I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Doesn't help that tata martino said that fabregas is staying for this season...
    Whose that? so is that tweet unreliable? I don't actually understand the tweet, is it saying fabrgas has signed a contract with us?

BBC saying Suarez is made to train alone, looks like he'll be off this season maybe to arsenal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Why is these judas to this to us. FFS, it's a BS.
    wait... what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Whose that? so is that tweet unreliable? I don't actually understand the tweet, is it saying fabrgas has signed a contract with us?

BBC saying Suarez is made to train alone, looks like he'll be off this season maybe to arsenal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The manager of Barca.

The tweet is lies. How do I know.

Well, Cesc is on tour with Barca - you know a money making publicity stunt. So, this ITK expect us to believe that during the press conference in the middle of the money making trip, Barca will give Cesc the medium to drop such a bombshell? Only thing that's happening is Cesc committing to Barca just like everyone that's ACTUALLY privy to information have been saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    wait... what?

By judas, I mean the twitter ITKs.

Ignore the grammar though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Earlier, started with Vieira. Pundits do seem to have a fetish about knocking Arsenal. Reckon its the holier than thou vibe the club/fans give off, people like seeing the good guys get flattened I guess.
    When we do fail, which we will soon if we don't start investing, pundits are going to have a field day. But it shows how wrong they are about Wenger and there's more to football than flashy signings.

I think the Arsenal-Liverpool comparison is fantastic to be honest. One team has built a new 60,000 seater for £450m whilst the other has taken money from owners and waste hundreds of millions on new players who have delivered very little.

Just shows how much Wenger has done for us. I do personally think he will make signings, especially after his latest press release. Add to this Arteta's comments and it does seem things will happen. My gut feeling is Wenger is still playing his old games at penny pinching but at the end of the day, when push comes to shove, he'll pay that extra couple of million for his targets.

However, in these signings, I do not think one of them will be Suarez unfortunately, just a feeling. If it happens, it ticks the boxes of what we need for a striker and more, in terms of his attributes and what he brings to a team.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I think about it, I think about how perfect Higuain would have been for you guys. Adept at counter attacks and he has the guile/movement to break down most defences. Excellent finisher too. Predatory striker. Goddamn he'd have been better for you than Suarez would be. Moronic to not pay OTT for Gonzalo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Every time I think about it, I think about how perfect Higuain would have been for you guys. Adept at counter attacks and he has the guile/movement to break down most defences. Excellent finisher too. Predatory striker. Goddamn he'd have been better for you than Suarez would be. Moronic to not pay OTT for Gonzalo...
    This statement is itself moronic

ReputationRep:
    @GeoffArsenal basically confirmed this guy called @WayneGooney18 has info on the club the same way he does. Fabregas is doing a press conference tomorrow, and read this (seems unbelievable but who knows?):

Some of his other tweets:
    to good to be true.

Wont let myself even entertain the idea of a team containing both suarez and fabregas.. (we will ignore rooney..)

I mean..

Rooney----Suarez----wallcott
    --------------Carzorla--------------
    ----Wilshire-------Fabregas-----

With so so many other options, rooney/fab as AM, carzola on the wing.. etc. etc. - subs bench of arteta/ramsey/rosisky/aoc

no. no. no. no. no.

Cant happen

cant possibly happen.

Not a chance..

(but please do)

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, he went in way harder than RVP did with his statements. The fact that Suarez even says it's not like he'd be moving to Liverpools rivals makes it even funnier.

Also, sometimes you just have to laugh at modern football - Suarez, Bale and Rooney all picking up injuries at the same time :lol:
    RVP's was a love letter in comparison to that interview. The best part of it was right after they published it and Liverpool fans having a meltdown on twitter. It's like they all follow the same script 'it's a sideways move' , you're just making up the numbers in the CL, 'we've won it 5 Times' ....

At the end of the day we finished above them and that's all that matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Paul Merson seems very keen on Suarez at Arsenal and thinks he's the difference between Arsenal winning the title and not.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/tv-s...hey-get-suarez

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    to good to be true.

Wont let myself even entertain the idea of a team containing both suarez and fabregas.. (we will ignore rooney..)

I mean..

Rooney----Suarez----wallcott
    --------------Carzorla--------------
    ----Wilshire-------Fabregas-----

With so so many other options, rooney/fab as AM, carzola on the wing.. etc. etc. - subs bench of arteta/ramsey/rosisky/aoc

no. no. no. no. no.

Cant happen

cant possibly happen.

Not a chance..

(but please do)
    too attacking tbh

what about:

cazorla suarez walcott
    fabregas
    wilshere xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Cesc says he's staying.......again.

ReputationRep:
    what a shocker

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.