AQA actually. I know the rules... :facepalm2:
    I wasn't accusing, I wanted to see if we were the same exam board :P

I'm on OCR , and I know I've got at least the last 3 questions wrong... -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    I wasn't accusing, I wanted to see if we were the same exam board :P

I'm on OCR , and I know I've got at least the last 3 questions wrong... -.-
    not you

Mr "IT BETTER NOT BE EDEXCEL BURR SHATAP" guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    Did you do nazi germany ?
    Yep, It went awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Hahaha, okay when I was first on here I was banned for talking about Edexcel even though I was talking about (and specified) that I was talking about my AQA Science IGCSEs...was not happy with that :P
    aw haha :P

ReputationRep:
    Some people from my primary school have turned into absolute pricks >.>
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    QFA
    Have you seen the new Alienware laptops?

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually thinking of getting one for uni... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Yep, It went awesome!
    That's what everyone is saying, I failed it ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually thinking of getting one for uni... :facepalm:
    lol
    wat
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    lol
    wat
    They're terribly expensive, are rather bad value for money etc. etc.

But I haven't seen any other laptop which fits two 780Ms in SLI, quad-SSDs in Raid 0 and an 18 inch display.

WHYYYYYY

There's just something compelling about an overpriced product.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    That's what everyone is saying, I failed it ...
    What questions did you struggle on?

ReputationRep:

Wow I got negged - again :sigh:

yeah they look a lot better but they are overpriced even to the new blade and i hate their thickness.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    yeah they look a lot better but they are overpriced even to the new blade and i hate their thickness.
    But the power....

ReputationRep:
    But the power....
    I would rather pay £1500 for a razer blade pro which has a great battery, is a nice laptop to have on your knee and can play games well than £1900 for a powerhouse which has a crap battery, burns your knees weighs a ton and is not as good looking.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I would rather pay £1500 for a razer blade pro which has a great battery, is a nice laptop to have on your knee and can play games well than £1900 for a powerhouse which has a crap battery, burns your knees weighs a ton and is not as good looking.
    The advantages for me lie in the dual 780Ms, the larger 18 inch display and the sheer amount of SSDs in Raid 0. I also hate the bulk of it, but I'm undecided as to whether the bulk is a decentish tradeoff for the performance you could get out of it.

But yeah, I'm looking at the 17 inch Razer as well. The Switchblade UI certainly looks quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    What questions did you struggle on?
    I dont even want to think about it, I only struggled on one of the 9 markers but I felt like I was just bull****ting the rest of it and I probably missed out the main points

ReputationRep:
    The advantages for me lie in the dual 780Ms, the larger 18 inch display and the sheer amount of SSDs in Raid 0. I also hate the bulk of it, but I'm undecided as to whether the bulk is a decentish tradeoff for the performance you could get out of it.

But yeah, I'm looking at the 17 inch Razer as well. The Switchblade UI certainly looks quite interesting.
    Not the Razer - the Blade PRO :P

The 17" is amazing enough but i don't need SSDs in Raid 0 - a 256SSD and a 2TB external would be amazing for me and i could deal with that great. The 765M is actually really really good compared to the 660M for example. I am happy with that. Plus the Haswell processors are just nomnonom.

The portability would be great too. I would be a bit meh'd out by no CD/DVD-Drive but I can just download or use my portable HDD to transfer any games i cba downloading.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not the Razer - the Blade PRO :P

The 17" is amazing enough but i don't need SSDs in Raid 0 - a 256SSD and a 2TB external would be amazing for me and i could deal with that great. The 765M is actually really really good compared to the 660M for example. I am happy with that. Plus the Haswell processors are just nomnonom.

The portability would be great too. I would be a bit meh'd out by no CD/DVD-Drive but I can just download or use my portable HDD to transfer any games i cba downloading.
    I call it the razer because its the only razer product i actually considered.

Decisions decisions. This is why buying ultra-high range stuff can be so annoying.

I've seen the 18 inch screens up close and to me they look absolutely stunning. Plus the extra space means I can possibly fit three things (currently have a video running on one half the screen on my 17 inch dell, with web browsing on the other). I could watch a film, surf the web and keep an eye out on a game at the same time.

The Iris Pro... :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in ages just that I've been all caught up in revision atm. Also, how did the Maths exam go for you guys :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by closet_nerd)
    Oops... Yeah... Maybe we should start our own? But what category to put it in...

Lol... Ok, sounds legit I was also a bit panicked and added 90 to the first answer because the graphs repeat every 90 degrees... Or something :/ it made sense in my head

Ah..ok. I've actually never been to Oxford (my dad went to Cambridge so he has a bit of the whole Oxbridge rivalry going on) and I think I would done too scared to apply to Oxbridge anyway... If I didn't get in my brother would never let me live it down (he has an offer)
    I used to love maths, but if I ever see that maths textbook again I think I'll scream! Doing maths makes me feel like I'm drowning.. :/ I think doing FSMQ was a bit overwhelming...

I can always point out that I self-taught and didn't retain anything I figured out for more than a few hours at a time :P I guess maybe if I wanted a good grade I should have tried

Nah, I was in Wales.. Probably closer to home? (I'm from East London -brap brap!) lucky! My school only does bronze so I have to do silver and gold in sixth form.

Ah, lol... Maths teachers are pretty cool....
    I only know that there is something to do with unification of Italy... It's a bit long a ago for me ... I prefer modern history. What topics did you do for GCSE?

My school only goes up to year 11 so I have to go somewhere else. The only half way decent places are an hour away :/ but I'm glad (plenty of time to do homework on the bus )

Lol.. Your school sounds a little desperate! I guess that's a bonus. Apparently at the place I'm going all the G and T get invited to do Critical thinking. Then all the people who say yes get special privileges like Eton summer school... My brother did a Cambridge residential and he thinks that's how he got an offer - he had friends in high places

Maybe we should move to a new thread.... I don't know how...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's kind of tangent, but every 180 degres :cool:

We went on a little school trip, 8 of us and the head in a minibus (she's an alumni) and it was kind of cool. Beautiful architecture. It's a while off yet, but if you don't try you'll never know!

I actually kind of enjoy revising for maths, it's so easy to revise for compared to other subjects. Half an hour to do a paper (GCSE, not addmaths lol) and then I'm done.

Ah, cool. We're going to the peak district again this year, were going to go to the Chilterns but Glastonbury is on at the same time and the traffic gets horrendous. :eek:

Just sat Nazi Germany and did Medicine Through Time and Surgery last year. You?

That sucks. Our school is special, years 9 through 13. 5 minutes on the bus

Nah, they're just trying to get us to be more confident and aspirational or something. I don't think a U in addmaths is going to inspire anyone though, so I think it'll have backfired. General Studies is because they can't timetable 5 A level choices, so we do 4 + General. Eton summer school? Well, that sounds nice. I think I might try for the UNIQ summer school next year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.