Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by prospective student)
No I applied for straight econ at UCL for the reasons you've just said. tbh I don't want to do a course which is more biased to maths than econ and I knew that at UCL you could pick up loads of maths modules if you wanted even if you were doing a straight econ degree.
Still not sure if I will put LSE or Nottingham as my 1st choice. Both have pros and cons.
Why would you pick Nottingham over LSE? LSE has like the best Economics dept. in Europe. The only advantage I can think of of applying to Nottingham is that it's cheaper, and also the fact that it has a higher females to males ratio.
yloops
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Good Luck to everyone tomorow, we could sure do with knowing!
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck to fellow shortlisters.
Srije
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Good luck to fellow shortlisters.
yh good luck guys although i have a feeling a lot of us may have to wait longer...
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hope we see lots of offers tomorrow :grin: !
akiangel
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amar247)
Mate u duin AS furhter maths, or full a level
full a level.
Fairily_Spark
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd be angry if I don't hear tomorrow...mainly because its a offers day :P but LSE is the only place I haven't heard back from yet. Seriously, its been over five months already and I want this to be over and done with

I haven't even been shortlisted!
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fairily_Spark)
I'd be angry if I don't hear tomorrow...mainly because its a offers day :P but LSE is the only place I haven't heard back from yet. Seriously, its been over five months already and I want this to be over and done with

I haven't even been shortlisted!

what course did u apply too??
goosh, would be soo nice getting an offer tomorrow, its exactly 4 months since i applied then ...
andy7257
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by likeneverbefore)
ahh congrats! I'm going to the UCL open day thingie on the 16th...how are you preparing for it, if at all?!
I'm just going to re-read the problems of philosophy by Russell and maybe revise some economics since apparently the economics department might be interviewing the philo/eco candidates but UCL's really my second choice and i'm sure if they offer me a place it'll be AAA
Ruhell
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Decisions tomorrow Gatheredfieldettes?
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, for all the frenchies (and francophones) here is an interesting article on LSE from Le point: http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-eco...r/916/0/316699

It basicly is just saying that LSE is the harvard of social sciences in Europe, that it's so far ahead of our "grandes écoles" and that a lot of great people went there.
I so want this offer!...
Ladyviolet
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Marcx89)
Hey, for all the frenchies (and francophones) here is an interesting article on LSE from Le point: http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-eco...r/916/0/316699

It basicly is just saying that LSE is the harvard of social sciences in Europe, that it's so far ahead of our "grandes écoles" and that a lot of great people went there.
I so want this offer!...
That was an amazing article, made me happy because most people in my class have no idea what LSE is or where it is, and it hurts me when they ask wether it's a good school!
Cowtipper
Badges: 12
Report 9 years ago
:pierre:
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ladyviolet)
That was an amazing article, made me happy because most people in my class have no idea what LSE is or where it is, and it hurts me when they ask wether it's a good school!
You shouldn't be hurt by their ignorance... There must be two or three people who know LSE in my class and i'm quite happy about that, it's only less competition:tongue: .

Cowtipper are you french or are you Quebecois? You seemed to have a poutine picture, i never actually tasted that but I really want to!
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I so want this offer!...
Mais le HEC de Paris est mieux connu pour les MSc que LSE en europe, je pense.
maghreblover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yodude888)
Mais le HEC de Paris est mieux connu pour les MSc que LSE en europe, je pense.
parle en anglais, s'il tu plait....je ne comprende pas :tongue:
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oui, francais est trop difficile!

Don't know if that made sense or not, haven't done French since GCSE :tongue:
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol you guys make sense actually even though what you say isn't very correct. We shoudln't talk in french here yodude888 it's an english forum afterall, it's nice to see you all trying though .

So what yodude was saying is that HEC is more reknowned than LSE for its Msc in Europe, i'm not really sure about that, this is not my field but i'd say they are on par (in Europe), even though LSE doesn't do a proper MBA they have partnerships with HEC and Bocconi so it doesn't really matter.
That being said LSE offers very diverse Msc programs, all HEC's programs are business related so can't be compared to LSE's Msc programs, even in terms of reknown.
ysbera
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by VanillaLatte)
what course did u apply too??
goosh, would be soo nice getting an offer tomorrow, its exactly 4 months since i applied then ...
Same, LSE is the only school I haven't heard from and I haven't received the gather pile email either. Oh well, not expecting much for myself but best wishes to everyone!
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You shouldn't be hurt by their ignorance... There must be two or three people who know LSE in my class and i'm quite happy about that, it's only less competition:tongue: .

Cowtipper are you french or are you Quebecois? You seemed to have a poutine picture, i never actually tasted that but I really want to!
Thanks a lot! You've just given me a craving for poutine!:mad: Now I've got to go find some...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (34)
97.14%
No (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads