Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry Watch

This discussion is closed.
irina793
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
god, apparently there was a big problem with payments to ucas last night, there are a lot of people on facebook complaining they couldn't pay to send their applications, so they've missed the deadline. Has anyone here have that problem? I have a friend who missed his chance at Oxford because of this... So sad...
geminibubblegum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fluteflute)
Added you!
thanks
Doojam
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi, would someone be kind enough to add me to the Oxford applicants stalking page, please?

Username: Doojam
GCSEs: 7A* 4A
AS: 5A 2B
Predicted A2: 4A* 1A
Course: Economics and Management
College: Balliol

Thank you, it will be very much appreciated.
Brand New Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Doojam)
Hi, would someone be kind enough to add me to the Oxford applicants stalking page, please?

Username: Doojam
GCSEs: 7A* 4A
AS: 5A 2B
Predicted A2: 4A* 1A
Course: Economics and Management
College: Balliol

Thank you, it will be very much appreciated.
Done. And Balliol have really good econ tutors
AnimalSpirit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by irina793)
god, apparently there was a big problem with payments to ucas last night, there are a lot of people on facebook complaining they couldn't pay to send their applications, so they've missed the deadline. Has anyone here have that problem? I have a friend who missed his chance at Oxford because of this... So sad...
That would suck SO bad - luckily, I got my application in order on the 13th..
Doojam
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Brand New Eyes)
Done. And Balliol have really good econ tutors
Thank you. And that's great to hear. Getting into Balliol would be an absolute dream come true. It's a shame that it's so popular on top of E&M being incredibly competitive though - I know my chances are beyond slim.
such_a_lady
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I WANT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SEFHNSFJINSKGNSJKLGBH

Stress. Still need to do my Spanish and Lit Oxford essays...for Spanish I'm just going to do the one set in class ("La clonacion: un beneficio o una amenaza para la humanidad?") and for Lit we all have to do exams next week (randomly to check our progress, thanks...as I do both Englishes I have to do four in total...fun) and hopefully my ""Hamlet" is a play of symmetry: discuss" (my own title :awesome:) will be good enough. Have my EP presentation on Wednesday, panic. The play performed on Friday and it was amazing have another three or so essays to do, joy.
imnotherehonest
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could someone add me to the stalker page, please? I think if I tried to do it myself I'd wreck the whole thing... Thanks!

Course: Medicine
College: St. Johns
GCSEs: 9A*s, 1A
AS: AAAA
A2 predictions: A*(already achieved for maths but not cashed) A*A*A*

BMAT coming up :eek: and then I can concentrate all of my panic toward interviews and offers... I just want something to happen soon *crosses fingers*
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh and WELL DONE to everyone who's already received offers!!
Niki_girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by such_a_lady)
I WANT AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SEFHNSFJINSKGNSJKLGBH

Stress. Still need to do my Spanish and Lit Oxford essays...for Spanish I'm just going to do the one set in class ("La clonacion: un beneficio o una amenaza para la humanidad?") and for Lit we all have to do exams next week (randomly to check our progress, thanks...as I do both Englishes I have to do four in total...fun) and hopefully my ""Hamlet" is a play of symmetry: discuss" (my own title :awesome:) will be good enough. Have my EP presentation on Wednesday, panic. The play performed on Friday and it was amazing have another three or so essays to do, joy.
Oh and WELL DONE to everyone who's already received offers!!
Thank you

I have History coursework to do (Nazi Germany) I'm such a perfectionist it's taking me longer than it really should do to write a 2,000 word essay....and I STILL have no idea what work I'm sending to Oxford :eek: so behind!

Well done with your play, I remember when you were just starting auditions and stuff for that!

Good luck with you EP presentation on wednesday, mine is on wednesday too! I've just got a powerpoint, some notes etc. nothing very flash but some cute pictures of animals (my project is on "Imitation behaviour in animals" as a year ago I wanted to study Biology )
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Niki_girl)
Thank you

I have History coursework to do (Nazi Germany) I'm such a perfectionist it's taking me longer than it really should do to write a 2,000 word essay....and I STILL have no idea what work I'm sending to Oxford :eek: so behind!

Well done with your play, I remember when you were just starting auditions and stuff for that!

Good luck with you EP presentation on wednesday, mine is on wednesday too! I've just got a powerpoint, some notes etc. nothing very flash but some cute pictures of animals (my project is on "Imitation behaviour in animals" as a year ago I wanted to study Biology )
Wow Mine's ON the play so I guess in that sense it's easier to talk about time management and skills and creative thinking. My best friends got a D and an E last year so I'm worried I'm also a bit low right now because I'm not even sure but I think I'm going through a very long, drawn-out and painful breakup. I'm not even sure if it is one, though. Basically I'm clueless and rather
PhenolphthaleinX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't know if I should be sad or happy that many people who wanted to apply to Oxford for the same course and at the same college as me missed the deadline...
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by desy.kris)
I don't know if I should be sad or happy that many people who wanted to apply to Oxford for the same course and at the same college as me missed the deadline...
Happy
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have yet to get an acknowledgement still :sad:
Mr_Parham
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
same here :s
AnimalSpirit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Parham)
Count me in - I am pretty confident that they have received it in time, though..
such_a_lady
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)

(Original post by Mr_Parham)

(Original post by AnimalSpirit)
Count me in - I am pretty confident that they have received it in time, though..
And me!
Brand New Eyes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
IT IS THE WEEKEND. I know its hard to imagine but admissions tutors do actually have lives/friends I'm sure you'll all get it soon.
PhenolphthaleinX
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Happy
lol xD

And me!
me too -_-
Chr0n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Brand New Eyes)
IT IS THE WEEKEND. I know its hard to imagine but admissions tutors do actually have lives/friends I'm sure you'll all get it soon.
I am pretty sure that the acknowledgment letters are automated responses
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
16.67%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (17)
47.22%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
36.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise