Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshenSun)
    That's kind of tangent, but every 90 degress :cool:

We went on a little school trip, 8 of us and the head in a minibus (she's an alumni) and it was kind of cool. Beautiful architecture. It's a while off yet, but if you don't try you'll never know!

I actually kind of enjoy revising for maths, it's so easy to revise for compared to other subjects. Half an hour to do a paper (GCSE, not addmaths lol) and then I'm done.

Ah, cool. We're going to the peak district again this year, were going to go to the Chilterns but Glastonbury is on at the same time and the traffic gets horrendous. :eek:

Just sat Nazi Germany and did Medicine Through Time and Surgery last year. You?

That sucks. Our school is special, years 9 through 13. 5 minutes on the bus

Nah, they're just trying to get us to be more confident and aspirational or something. I don't think a U in addmaths is going to inspire anyone though, so I think it'll have backfired. General Studies is because they can't timetable 5 A level choices, so we do 4 + General. Eton summer school? Well, that sounds nice. I think I might try for the UNIQ summer school next year
    Oh, ok... I literally hadn't got a clue, but subconsciously though add 90... Guess I didn't get lucky that time

Ha ha.. We had a visit from an Oxford student last year. She was the only student from our school to go to Oxbridge :O (says great things for my school... ) I guess I will have to try it for myself... I do love Cambridge though, such beautiful buildings. I don't know if I could cope with the stress of trying to compete with my intellectual superiors (I hate being beaten by anyone!)

When I did maths I didn't really revise :/... I did do quite a few past papers though because I love being able to see the score go up, up, up
    Even easier subjects - languages (can you even revise for them...?), geography (the specific course I'm doing is completely common sense and a few keywords ), RE (completely opinion based..)... Of course this is based on the exam boards I do..

That's bad timing.. How long does it take to get there? It took seven hours to get to the Gower and I read the only book I had brought within three so I had 4 hours there and 7 hours back waiting on a cliff hanger until I could get home and finish the trilogy!

I studied Nazi Germany, Weimar Republic (pre-nazi), Cold War and Britain 1890-1918. Oh, and apartheid (CA)

Strange! So did you go to middle school, or quit secondary half way through? Ha! 5 minutes, not long enough to do homework .. My current school is a two minute walk :P

Surely no one will get a U... Even I don't think I got a U (now you're making me second - guess myself) ah.. Ok, makes sense. The place I. Going used to do that but with RE.. Now you do EP, or get more frees - yay!
    Well.. It sounds nice, but in reality the school abets offered a place once every five years or something
    The only problem is that it can be quite expensive.. My brother got a discount to his thing because none of our maternal family has been to uni.. Tbh his thing was like a major geek camp though so I think it sounds a little weird... What is UNIQ like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    I dont even want to think about it, I only struggled on one of the 9 markers but I felt like I was just bull****ting the rest of it and I probably missed out the main points
    :console:

How were your other modules? Hopefully it won't affect your overall grade too much

ReputationRep:
    So, every GCSE unit I've ever sat (highest of each unit).

13 A*s
    5 As (including 3 AS As, so they were max)
    2 Bs
    2 Cs

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    :console:

How were your other modules? Hopefully it won't affect your overall grade too much
    medicine went alright I think I have no clue about my CA though I think I'll go and ask my teacher what I got , hopefully surgery will go ok , its just annoying I lost basically 7 marks on that 9 marker

ReputationRep:
    medicine went alright I think I have no clue about my CA though I think I'll go and ask my teacher what I got , hopefully surgery will go ok , its just annoying I lost basically 7 marks on that 9 marker
    You haven't got your Surgery results back yet? :curious:

When did you sit it?

ReputationRep:
    You haven't got your Surgery results back yet? :curious:

When did you sit it?
    I haven't yet .... it's my last exam

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet .... it's my last exam
    Ah... I'm guessing you sat Medicine in January?

ReputationRep:
    Ah... I'm guessing you sat Medicine in January?
    no ...

ReputationRep:
    Geography... tomorrow... then no more... geography...

ReputationRep:
    Cant be bothered with geography... I can't do topic 6 and 8..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    To be fair if you took all of Chemistry ever and put it on a whiteboard, you'd have a few whiteboards
    I know and I'm doing it at A-Level! I like it though and I seem to understand most of it

ReputationRep:
    Ceeb

ReputationRep:
    no ...
    :lolwut:

I'm confused now

ReputationRep:
    Bored. Somebody entertain me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Approximate raw marks I need tomorrow in geography...

C = 0/60
    B = 6/60
    A = 22/60
    A* = 36/60

:awesome: for an overall grade that is.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

I'm confused now
    Why ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Bored. Somebody entertain me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    no u
    Yes. I'm so bored

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Yes. I'm so bored

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no u, as in
    no, you entertain me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    no u, as in
    no, you entertain me
    Ok shall I show you what I look like?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    naah cba

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.