The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PonchoKid
Is there a chance you can do things in steps and if things DO get to much you can have a rest or something?

If only i could sleep. Third night in a row now :frown: but i know as soon as my boyfriend wakes up and texts me ill fall asleep straight away :/ its like i need to know hes there and ok if i need him when im asleep :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's what I'm going to have to do. :yep: Try and break it down into tiny chunks and do it bit by bit. Luckily my mum is taking me for a coffee in between appointments so I'll have time to melt on her if needs be. :colondollar: I'm so pathetic at the moment. :cry2:

Oh no sorry you're not sleeping. :frown: That's rubbish. :console: Lack of sleep makes everything else worse. :hugs: And there's nothing wrong with that at all, I'm the same with my boyfriend. :blushing: I text him until I fall asleep most nights. :smile:
:hugs:

Hope your ok and safe hun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feeling better now my friend's asleep and i'm texting my bf x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
I think that's what I'm going to have to do. :yep: Try and break it down into tiny chunks and do it bit by bit. Luckily my mum is taking me for a coffee in between appointments so I'll have time to melt on her if needs be. :colondollar: I'm so pathetic at the moment. :cry2:

Oh no sorry you're not sleeping. :frown: That's rubbish. :console: Lack of sleep makes everything else worse. :hugs: And there's nothing wrong with that at all, I'm the same with my boyfriend. :blushing: I text him until I fall asleep most nights. :smile:

That sounds like a good plan :smile:
You CAN do it :yep:

I should probs take a sleeping pill :/
Just makes me feel pathetic, even when im with him i fall asleep with either my back or legs physically touching him just so i know hes there :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
Feeling better now my friend's asleep and i'm texting my bf x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad your feeling better, and texting your boyfriend is a good idea :smile:
Well done for helping your friend though :smile: shes lucky to have you as a friend! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mitigating circumstances have been accepted - dissertation now due in 30th September. :smile:
Reply 7245
Original post by superwolf
Mitigating circumstances have been accepted - dissertation now due in 30th September. :smile:

Good :smile:

Struggling with social interaction today, sat locked at my desk with two very nice people either side of me who all I could say to was hello for two hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not feeling motivated to do anything at all today. I need help.
Original post by james1211
Good :smile:

Struggling with social interaction today, sat locked at my desk with two very nice people either side of me who all I could say to was hello for two hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :smile:

Sorry to hear that - I've had that kind of problem myself before. Nice people like that are generally pretty understanding though, and will be happy just to talk another time. I also find it helps to have something specific to talk about, like asking for help with something (can be pretty minor, just something to get you started).

Original post by sunfowers01
Not feeling motivated to do anything at all today. I need help.

:console: I'm planning on doing some baking later, and maybe some crochet, to make up for lack of dissertation effort. Have you ever made a list of activities you can try when you're feeling like this? I used to have an actual physical list, but now I just keep it in my head and go through it when I'm at a loss what to do. Can be something small and relatively pointless, like looking up origami online, or you could go to the park, write a letter/email to someone, make plans for the next few days etc.

Hope you find something you can do soon. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7248
Thanks. :smile:

Sorry to hear that - I've had that kind of problem myself before. Nice people like that are generally pretty understanding though, and will be happy just to talk another time. I also find it helps to have something specific to talk about, like asking for help with something (can be pretty minor, just something to get you started).

Yeah I managed to say hi when one of them came back which for some stupid reason I was even nervous about. So far I don't have much to do here at work because I just started so there isn't much to ask. I pretty much just sit here waiting for something to do.

I'm too afraid to go into the staff room because that many people I don't know or have much in common with makes me really panicky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I managed to say hi when one of them came back which for some stupid reason I was even nervous about. So far I don't have much to do here at work because I just started so there isn't much to ask. I pretty much just sit here waiting for something to do.

I'm too afraid to go into the staff room because that many people I don't know or have much in common with makes me really panicky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll get into the swing of things I'm sure, and be overworked before you know it! :tongue:

With the staff room, maybe once you've got to know two or three people outside of it then going in won't be so scary, cos you'll have people you can talk to.

Yeyyy

Is it bad that im jealous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeyyy

Is it bad that im jealous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I'd be jealous too in your place. Hope your uni stuff does get sorted out for you in the end. :console:
Reply 7252
You'll get into the swing of things I'm sure, and be overworked before you know it! :tongue:

With the staff room, maybe once you've got to know two or three people outside of it then going in won't be so scary, cos you'll have people you can talk to.

Yes most likely haha

Yeah I know some names and things, hopefully I will have something to talk about soon, breaking the ice is what I'm bad at I start to panic and it gets even worse. My voice goes shaky and I hate showing that I'm nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, I'd be jealous too in your place. Hope your uni stuff does get sorted out for you in the end. :console:

Im not holding out hope, apparently the criteria for dissertation isnt valid and they need more infor for placement :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes most likely haha

Yeah I know some names and things, hopefully I will have something to talk about soon, breaking the ice is what I'm bad at I start to panic and it gets even worse. My voice goes shaky and I hate showing that I'm nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I get the same, my mouth goes really dry usually and then my voice comes out all funny. :tongue: One other thing that helps me is having an exit strategy - like making sure you have something you need to get back to in five minutes' time.

Im not holding out hope, apparently the criteria for dissertation isnt valid and they need more infor for placement :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :crossedf:
Yeah, I get the same, my mouth goes really dry usually and then my voice comes out all funny. :tongue: One other thing that helps me is having an exit strategy - like making sure you have something you need to get back to in five minutes' time.

:hugs: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :crossedf:

Just wish the person i need to talk to would either answer her phone or email :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ew ew ew EWW slug on kitchen sponge. :ahhhhh:
actually feeling fairly relaxed today, thismorning i felt aweful after having nightmareish dreams last night.

been home alone all day and just done what I want, not have people stressing out and stuff.

going to a bbq tomorrow night which A im quite excited about, but B its a village thing, so lots of questions and C my mums getting me alcohol which ill have to be careful with

still waiting on my sister having a baby which im getting so stupidly excited about, i just want to meet my nephew now, this whole waiting 9 months malarky is silly!

ALSO sent off an application form for a job yesterday :eek: first one iv sent off this summer, so im quite pleased with myself :yep:
Reply 7258
Ew ew ew EWW slug on kitchen sponge. :ahhhhh:

:eek:

I don't actually mind insects/molluscs too much, but surprise ones are horrible. :console:

---

Intrusive thoughts about CBT stuff continuing to be ****e. Need to talk about something pretty horrible (PTSD related) with therapist but I don't really want to, and it's still almost 2 weeks until my next appointment. Feel really guilty for continually talking it over with the same people, but I need to talk it through repeatedly otherwise I am going to bottle out of telling her about it. Again. Urgh I dunno.
im raving i dont know what will i do if i dont get in university this year i was mentally prepared to go because i had my requirements (grades) met well into the year so i was extremely happy. i basically started sorting/preparing my life for the new life. thing is i do not have a life currently here at home because ive been studying out of my country so i dont know anyone and if i am to stay i will have small chances of meeting people (no school) and will have to start searching for a job in this **** economy. basically i must figure out what to do with my life will i be able to get to uni next year? what would that mean pause my life for a year? or just settle and give up completely and start making my life where i am currently, which will be difficult, i dont want to even think about it.
it really hurts knowing that you will go to uni and then get dragged down the rope and experience this huge disillusionment.

everything will be clearer on monday...

Latest