The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7240
Original post by NikolaT
Damn, this event you guys are talking about looks good. It's a shame there's so much bias these days towards state school kids for this kind of thing.

The Cambridge masterclasses have zero bias, so that's one thing you can do :smile:
Reply 7241
I haven't posted in here since the beginning of October. Anyone remember me? Either way, I just came here to say this.

Maths is ****ing hard.

Good day, fellow Year 12s. :smile:
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I haven't been on here in a long time, so hello.

I'm just wondering, how many of you are certain about which course you want to do? And how many of you have seriously thought about which universities you're going to go to? I haven't a clue where I'm going to apply for.

I didn't have a clue where I wanted to apply until like a week before my UCAS deadline, so that's nothing to worry about. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I didn't have a clue where I wanted to apply until like a week before my UCAS deadline, so that's nothing to worry about. :smile:

Oh, okay, that is a little reassuring! But I do know quite a few people who have whittled universities down to a top ten and in some cases a top five! I believe I'm probably going to study something to do with Law, History, Economics or Politics (or a combination of some of those) but I'm not totally sure just yet.

Original post by Lucas.
I haven't posted in here since the beginning of October. Anyone remember me? Either way, I just came here to say this.

Maths is ****ing hard.

Sadly I can't say I remember you off the top of my head, but I haven't posted in here for a long time too! And yeah, Maths really is difficult. It's going to take a lot of practice (I've probably used the wrong form of practice there, sorry) for me to master it. But I guess that makes it far more worth it!
Original post by NikolaT
Damn, this event you guys are talking about looks good. It's a shame there's so much bias these days towards state school kids for this kind of thing.

Which event?
Original post by Lucas.

Maths is ****ing hard.

Was actually wondering where you went, used to be the one of the most frequent posters.
Reply 7246
Original post by Red Fox
Was actually wondering where you went, used to be the one of the most frequent posters.

Yeah, I know... I just got really caught up with work, then I just kind of forgot to come on one day and yeah... Now I'm here again, haha.
Original post by Lucas.
Yeah, I know... I just got really caught up with work, then I just kind of forgot to come on one day and yeah... Now I'm here again, haha.

Hey, facepalm-through-the-head guy! :biggrin:

How've you been?
Parents evening.

Waste of time :lol:
Reply 7249
Original post by NikolaT
Hey, facepalm-through-the-head guy! :biggrin:

How've you been?

Bonjour. :smile:

Erm, alright thanks, I guess. I'm been good recently.. But I'm not too happy with college at all.. I really don't enjoy it. I don't think A Levels are for me. I'm going to stick at it this year, then depending on my results, I might just drop out and get a job somewhere like Sainsbury's for the time being. My band has some pretty neat stuff coming up so hopefully that will take off.. Sounds stupid gambling my education for hopes in being in a decent band, but unfortunately that's a risk I'm willing to take haha.

How have you and all the other people in this thread been?
Anyone else getting must-revise-for-all-the-tests-but-exhausted-because-this-term-is-too-long stress?
Original post by Lucas.
Bonjour. :smile:

Erm, alright thanks, I guess. I'm been good recently.. But I'm not too happy with college at all.. I really don't enjoy it. I don't think A Levels are for me. I'm going to stick at it this year, then depending on my results, I might just drop out and get a job somewhere like Sainsbury's for the time being. My band has some pretty neat stuff coming up so hopefully that will take off.. Sounds stupid gambling my education for hopes in being in a decent band, but unfortunately that's a risk I'm willing to take haha.

How have you and all the other people in this thread been?

You know that thing where people say 'GCSEs don't prepare you well enough for A-levels'? I can totally sympathise with that now. xD I've had such little motivation to do any independent work this term. It's shocking. The fact that still I can get away with As on my report isn't helping - I would much rather I got Bs and Cs so that I can "wake up", so to speak.

At this rate, Bs and Cs are probably what I'll be getting next August. :frown: Hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to catch up on all the independent learning stuff over Christmas hol's.

It's funny cuz at the start of the year in this very thread I made some sort of comment about how helpful/useful this thread will be for working hard at A levels. Now I'm complaining here I'm not doing enough for them.
Original post by Georgiecat
Anyone else getting must-revise-for-all-the-tests-but-exhausted-because-this-term-is-too-long stress?

:five:. I feel so exhausted just trying to finish my homework this term that I have now been forced into using all of my christmas holidays as revision periods :cry:
Original post by Georgiecat

Original post by EvasiveRose
:five:. I feel so exhausted just trying to finish my homework this term that I have now been forced into using all of my christmas holidays as revision periods :cry:

:console::sadnod:
Original post by EvasiveRose

Original post by JustaDreamer
:console::sadnod:

*huggles both*
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7255
I actually like college and the work :cool: I'm just getting a bit fed up now and want to break up for Christmas already.
Original post by Katie97
I actually like college and the work :cool: I'm just getting a bit fed up now and want to break up for Christmas already.

I think everyone thinks so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katie97

Hear hear.
I like school :smile: I got a Christmas job as well so I'm feeling a bit pressured trying to get everything done and revised for but it seems to be going okay at the momentoo
I got 74/75 in an M1 test without any revision which felt amazing hahah
I love maths <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7259
Original post by mollyh77
I like school :smile: I got a Christmas job as well so I'm feeling a bit pressured trying to get everything done and revised for but it seems to be going okay at the momentoo
I got 74/75 in an M1 test without any revision which felt amazing hahah
I love maths <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!

I must say I didn't exactly like maths last year, but this year it has changed, easily my favourite subject and it's actually fun at times :lol: Completed C1/2 and M1, which were fun and not too hard, however parts of C3 and M2 are now getting pretty challenging!

Latest