Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    "Don't care"; the reply of a man/woman with no basis to their argument :rolleyes:

I agree we should have signed Cesc, but we certainly didn't get 5.6mil from the sale as it was 25% of PROFIT iirc which would be 1.25mil, plus no other prem sides in champions league count the 25mil for being in the competition so why should we?

If thats the case Chelsea must be in a profit for this window.

A cdm at a minimum, but I'd be happy with Khedira or Sneiderlain and a GREAT striker on loan til January (will never happen but David Villa on loan til Jan would have been ideal tbh, but as a back up plan)
    No, I don't care because it doesn't address what we needed to do. You can sit there talking about have we signed this player and that player but at the end of the day, we haven't signed a DM and ST for the past 3 seasons, that's criminal. Other than Sanchez all we have done is replace outgoing players so this summer really hasn't been as great as some suggest it has been.

My argument is we are being led astray once again by AW but we have some fans who are so enamoured by what he did 10 years ago, they use that as a basis for keeping him on now. Transfers aren't my only gripe with Arsene, it is a whole manner of issues.

Whatever the returns may be the point still remains that we have cash. We are sitting on £100m that needs to be spent on the team rather than kept for a rainy day, that rainy day is here.

We don't do anything in January, we have flopped once again but of course there will still be some fans who will give Arsene yet another chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    No, I don't care because it doesn't address what we needed to do. You can sit there talking about have we signed this player and that player but at the end of the day, we haven't signed a DM and ST for the past 3 seasons, that's criminal. Other than Sanchez all we have done is replace outgoing players so this summer really hasn't been as great as some suggest it has been.

My argument is we are being led astray once again by AW but we have some fans who are so enamoured by what he did 10 years ago, they use that as a basis for keeping him on now. Transfers aren't my only gripe with Arsene, it is a whole manner of issues.

Whatever the returns may be the point still remains that we have cash. We are sitting on £100m that needs to be spent on the team rather than kept for a rainy day, that rainy day is here.

We don't do anything in January, we have flopped once again but of course there will still be some fans who will give Arsene yet another chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is Sanchez not a striker? Him and Walcott when fit can both play striker or on the wing.

I'm by no means defending Wenger for saying he would be busy signing the last few days but I'm certainly not a WOB like you are. My isssue is that Wenger is playing Ozil out on wing where he isn't effective, but once Walcott is back and we have Chambo, Poldi or Gnabry on the other wing, we have Rambo and Ozil in middle with Sanchez up front, leaving only a solid CDM needed...

4-2-3-1 and a great CDM plus maybe a striker and some loaning out to fund it and we're somewhat back in business

ReputationRep:
    how we doing in here guys?

falcao to united, not really any reports of you doing a deal with a striker (as far as i am aware)

surely wenger isn't stupid enough to not buy a striker today?

ReputationRep:
    "I am under contract with Sporting and I'm a Sporting player," Carvalho told A Bola. "There is no way I can say I am going to leave. I am fine at Sporting."

Who are you lot going to sign? :s

ReputationRep:
    Bla bla SIGNINGZ striker

Wenger out

Vidal

Pool

Utd r ****

Bla bla signings bla bla Arteta

/post

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    how we doing in here guys?

falcao to united, not really any reports of you doing a deal with a striker (as far as i am aware)

surely wenger isn't stupid enough to not buy a striker today?
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    "I am under contract with Sporting and I'm a Sporting player," Carvalho told A Bola. "There is no way I can say I am going to leave. I am fine at Sporting."

Who are you lot going to sign? :s
    Do people think Arsene himself graces this forum? Maybe Ivan is slipping someone at TSR inside information?

Do what everyone else does and turn on SSN or the BBC
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Just sitting here contemplating life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Do people think Arsene himself graces this forum? Maybe Ivan is slipping someone at TSR inside information?

Do what everyone else does and turn on SSN or the BBC
    you mad bro?

its just that you sound a little mad....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    poor baby

isn't wenger doing some kinda charity match?
    lmao...

ReputationRep:
    lol expect another hammering from Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool this season, despicable from Wenger and co

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    you mad bro?

its just that you sound a little mad....
    Sigh. Another attempt to sound like a 'big man' and elicit a negative response from others.

Why post at all if you can't post anything that's constructive in any way?

Edit: Please never refer to me as your 'bro.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    Sigh. Another attempt to sound like a 'big man' and elicit a negative response from others.

Why post at all if you can't post anything that's constructive in any way?

Edit: Please never refer to me as your 'bro.'
    okay, you're definitely mad...

sorry bro, didn't mean it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Mckenzie)
    lol expect another hammering from Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool this season, despicable from Wenger and co
    Not Wenger and co, just Wenger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Bull****, you'll come out at a huge loss in 3 months time otherwise you would spend 200mil...
    Think i'm lying? Go look up our turnover.

We get £130m just from the kit deal (53m Chevrolet, 70m Addidas, 10m DHL) which pretty much pays for everyone bar Di Maria.

ReputationRep:
    Is Sanchez not a striker? Him and Walcott when fit can both play striker or on the wing.

I'm by no means defending Wenger for saying he would be busy signing the last few days but I'm certainly not a WOB like you are. My isssue is that Wenger is playing Ozil out on wing where he isn't effective, but once Walcott is back and we have Chambo, Poldi or Gnabry on the other wing, we have Rambo and Ozil in middle with Sanchez up front, leaving only a solid CDM needed...

4-2-3-1 and a great CDM plus maybe a striker and some loaning out to fund it and we're somewhat back in business
    No he's not. I don't subscribe to this idea that you can play a player out of position and he becomes that. Yes be can fill in there, but first and foremost he's a winger. Arteta plays as a DM, but is he a DM? No, he's ****.

Sounds like you are defending him to me. There really is no middle ground with Arsene now though, he has alienated the fanbase so much now that we now have to very clear camps, In or Out. I want him out and have done so for 2-3 years, he's stale, stubborn and looks helpless. If we end today with absolutely no one I can assure you, the tide will turn and the vast majority of fans will want him out because he's messed up yet another window.

Arsene now has it in his mind that Ozil can play on the left, so he will continue to shunt him out there, he likes this 4-1-4-1 so he will continue with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Think i'm lying? Go look up our turnover.

We get £130m just from the kit deal (53m Chevrolet, 70m Addidas, 10m DHL) which pretty much pays for everyone bar Di Maria.

But it's about profit not turnover, your turnover is massive but you're paying players £300000 a week in Falcao's case, which is why you're in so much debt.

You may still be making money atm with financial deals but I'm fairly sure you're be making a loss this year, considering you made what 30mil last year and have spent a good 150mil more this year? I'm no expert but those sums would add up

ReputationRep:
    Swapped teams to chelsea. Deadly serious I suggest you all do the same
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    But it's about profit not turnover, your turnover is massive but you're paying players £300000 a week in Falcao's case, which is why you're in so much debt.

You may still be making money atm with financial deals but I'm fairly sure you're be making a loss this year, considering you made what 30mil last year and have spent a good 150mil more this year? I'm no expert but those sums would add up
    If you think that's the reason why United are in debt, you have much to learn young padawan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If you think that's the reason why United are in debt, you have much to learn young padawan.
    Haha, I'm certainly no expert, but from what my United friends say it's all to do with Glazers and them shifting debt into united.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.