Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footstool1924)
    This was an interesting "Why" story but for some reason, you seemed to have suddenly stopped.

Can you please continue with your "Why" story?
    If you ask questions, you eventually come to a final answer. I reached the answer that I was looking for. "Why" are there any alternative answers that you can think of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesmondHarry)
    You do now Israel has mandatory conscription right.

Which means children as young as 15 are put straight into an actual organised military, usual against their will and indoctrinated from a young age right.
    But of course you're just a robot who'll just posting images.
    Conscription is mandatory from the age of 18, after graduation from high school. It is an unfortunate part of Israeli society, resulting from hostility. As for "indoctrinating", I believe that the recent Israeli election results are clear proof that no indoctrinating occurs on a nation wide scale. From the far left, comprising of people whom don't want a state of Israel, to the far right, the wide spectrum of results is proof that Israel is a vibrant democracy with no indoctrination.

ReputationRep:
    Heres my point of view. Their is no palestine and there is no israel. The end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    If you ask questions, you eventually come to a final answer. I reached the answer that I was looking for. "Why" are there any alternative answers that you can think of?
    That my dear friend, is what they term "confirmation bias" and your use of it was not only disingenuous but you felt proud to have come to such a conclusion. I'm afraid the combination of things has destroyed your credibility and invalidated any arguments that you made or will make.

ReputationRep:
    That my dear friend, is what they term "confirmation bias" and your use of it was not only disingenuous but you felt proud to have come to such a conclusion. I'm afraid the combination of things has destroyed your credibility and invalidated any arguments that you made or will make.
    I used the technique to try and put forth a rather obvious outlook on the situation. When expressing an opinion on a matter, based on one's own analysis, it is always going to lean more to one way than the other. When argueing about anything, expecially the Israel/Palestinian Conflict, everyone picks a side. If argueing for any side is going to classified as bias, then pretty much everyone commenting on this post is bias. Based on that the only thing that really destroys my credibility is your comment about destroying my credibility. Please prove me wrong that anyone with an opinion is likelly to be bias. It would make me feel a lot better, because, if I am correct, the general feeling based on your response is that only one side is bias in this arguement (so much for not being bias ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    I used the technique to try and put forth a rather obvious outlook on the situation. When expressing an opinion on a matter, based on one's own analysis, it is always going to lean more to one way than the other. When argueing about anything, expecially the Israel/Palestinian Conflict, everyone picks a side. If argueing for any side is going to classified as bias, then pretty much everyone commenting on this post is bias. Based on that the only thing that really destroys my credibility is your comment about destroying my credibility. Please prove me wrong that anyone with an opinion is likelly to be bias. It would make me feel a lot better, because, if I am correct, the general feeling based on your response is that only one side is bias in this arguement (so much for not being bias ).
    You stopped questioning when you thought you'd found an answer that suited your argument.

Perhaps it might be a good idea for you to revisit those questions and keep questioning until you get the answer, not the answer that "you were looking for".

ReputationRep:
    You stopped questioning when you thought you'd found an answer that suited your argument.

Perhaps it might be a good idea for you to revisit those questions and keep questioning until you get the answer, not the answer that "you were looking for".
    There is more than one way to look at the conflict and causes of death. For the causes of death a came to a conclusion that blamed one party more than another. For the causes or the overall situation, I blamed Jordanian/Eygptian occupation and British imperialism. My view and answer clearly didn't satisfy you. On the basis of there being numerous opInions on the cause; perhaps it might be a good idea for you to revisit those questions and keep questioning until you get the answer, not the answer that "you were looking for", because I am pretty sure that you won't stop questioning till you get the answer that you are looking for. In being so closed minded over other opinions, you are being bias. There is no 'the' answer, so rather than criticising my opinion and the way I voiced it, which is the only thing you have really done, argue against it with your own opinions and tell me why I may be wrong. For now I have and don't have the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    There is more than one way to look at the conflict and causes of death. For the causes of death a came to a conclusion that blamed one party more than another. For the causes or the overall situation, I blamed Jordanian/Eygptian occupation and British imperialism. My view and answer clearly didn't satisfy you. On the basis of there being numerous opInions on the cause; perhaps it might be a good idea for you to revisit those questions and keep questioning until you get the answer, not the answer that "you were looking for", because I am pretty sure that you won't stop questioning till you get the answer that you are looking for. In being so closed minded over other opinions, you are being bias. There is no 'the' answer, so rather than criticising my opinion and the way I voiced it, which is the only thing you have really done, argue against it with your own opinions and tell me why I may be wrong. For now I have and don't have the answer.
    Looks like we'll have to go back to basics.

Why will Hamas never recognise Israel?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll have to go back to basics.

Why will Hamas never recognise Israel?
    "Hamas would never recognize Israel since such a move would counter the group's aim to "liberate" all of Palestine" - Mahmoud Zahar (a leader of the ilitant group".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    "Hamas would never recognize Israel since such a move would counter the group's aim to "liberate" all of Palestine" - Mahmoud Zahar (a leader of the ilitant group".
    Why does Hamas want to liberate Palestine?

ReputationRep:
    According to Ahmed Bahr, a Hamas Deputy Speaker : " If the enemy sets foot on a single square inch of Islamic land, Jihad becomes an individual duty, incumbent on every Muslim, male or female. A woman may set out [on Jihad] without her husband's permission, and a servant without his master's permission. Why? In order to annihilate those Jews.... O Allah, destroy the Jews and their supporters. O Allah, destroy the Americans and their supporters. O Allah, count them one by one, and kill them all, without leaving a single one".

Alternativly it could just be due to anti-semetism. Though this, for arguements sake, isn't much of a reason for 'liberation' Hamas have come up with pure rubbish about Jews, spuring an anti-semetic sentiment in Gaza, and for that matter the West Bank. Israel, as a state for Jews (not a Jewish state), is not wanted by Hamas due to anti-semetic sentiment. A few examples of their irrational hatred to all Jews, not just Israeli Jews:

- "The Jews are behind each and every catastrophe on the face of the Earth. This is not open to debate. This is not a temporal thing, but goes back to days of yore. They concocted so many conspiracies and betrayed rulers and nations so many times that the people harbor hatred towards them.... Throughout history – from Nebuchadnezzar until modern times ... They slayed the prophets, and so on.... Any catastrophe on the face of this Earth – the Jews must be behind it"

- "We all remember how the Jews used to slaughter Christians, in order to mix their blood in their holy matzos. This is not a figment of imagination or something taken from a film. It is a fact, acknowledged by their own books and by historical evidence. It happened everywhere, here and there"

- Article 7 of the Hamas Covenant provides the following quotation, attributed to Muhammad:
    "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LockheedSpooky)
    'palestinians' - how to win friends and influence people - Jordan seeks to strip top 'palestinians' officials of citizenship.

:lol::lol:

The 'palestinians' are the most expert back-stabbers in the region. Is there a single 'friend' that they haven't back-stabbed?

This entity back-stabbed Kuwait by supporting Saddam's invasion despite Kuwait having given 'palestinians' citizenship and employment :lol:

They back-stabbed Jordan when the King invited Arafat and his gang into the country, promptly followed by Arafat trying to mount a coup :lol:

They back-stabbed Lebanon by essentially invading the country, slaughtering the Christian population and using Lebanon as a base from which to attack Israel, bringing destruction on Lebanon :lol:

They back-stabbed Assad who gave them freedom & funding to plan attacks from their Damascus HQ, but turned on him when war broke out. :lol:

They back-stabbed their chief terror sponsors in Tehran who funded their rocket attacks on Israel and tunnel digging, and then used their tunnel digging expertise against Iran in Syria :lol:

They're literally a complete mess :lol:
    Citations please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    According to Ahmed Bahr, a Hamas Deputy Speaker : " If the enemy sets foot on a single square inch of Islamic land, Jihad becomes an individual duty, incumbent on every Muslim, male or female. A woman may set out [on Jihad] without her husband's permission, and a servant without his master's permission. Why? In order to annihilate those Jews.... O Allah, destroy the Jews and their supporters. O Allah, destroy the Americans and their supporters. O Allah, count them one by one, and kill them all, without leaving a single one".

Alternativly it could just be due to anti-semetism. Though this, for arguements sake, isn't much of a reason for 'liberation' Hamas have come up with pure rubbish about Jews, spuring an anti-semetic sentiment in Gaza, and for that matter the West Bank. Israel, as a state for Jews (not a Jewish state), is not wanted by Hamas due to anti-semetic sentiment. A few examples of their irrational hatred to all Jews, not just Israeli Jews:

- "The Jews are behind each and every catastrophe on the face of the Earth. This is not open to debate. This is not a temporal thing, but goes back to days of yore. They concocted so many conspiracies and betrayed rulers and nations so many times that the people harbor hatred towards them.... Throughout history – from Nebuchadnezzar until modern times ... They slayed the prophets, and so on.... Any catastrophe on the face of this Earth – the Jews must be behind it"

- "We all remember how the Jews used to slaughter Christians, in order to mix their blood in their holy matzos. This is not a figment of imagination or something taken from a film. It is a fact, acknowledged by their own books and by historical evidence. It happened everywhere, here and there"

- Article 7 of the Hamas Covenant provides the following quotation, attributed to Muhammad:
    "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."
    You have not told me the reason WHY Hamas wants to liberate Palestine, apart from alluding to some form of antisemitism and resorting to rhetoric like "killing all Jews".

You said that Hamas wants to "liberate" Palestine. That implies that it is under some kind of occupation and Hamas is simply a resistance movement.

So the next question is:

Why are their lands occupied by this entity called Israel?

ReputationRep:
    How 'palestine' was depicted in encyclopedias pre-1948

Everyone recognising who the indigenous peoples are before it became a politicised topic.

ReputationRep:
    Just how morally bankrupt are the so-called 'palestinians'?

Here the 'palestinians' celebrate the suicide bombing attack on the Sbarro Pizzaria, by creating a mock one complete with mock blood & body parts. 15 Israelis were murdered, 8 of which were children.

The scene in Israel

'palestinian re-enactment to celebrate the terrorist attack

Complete with replica blood and body parts.

These are the people that the European left wing have aligned themselves with.

ReputationRep:
    You have not told me the reason WHY Hamas wants to liberate Palestine, apart from alluding to some form of antisemitism and resorting to rhetoric like "killing all Jews".

You said that Hamas wants to "liberate" Palestine. That implies that it is under some kind of occupation and Hamas is simply a resistance movement.

So the next question is:

Why are their lands occupied by this entity called Israel?
    Firstly if you had read my reply properly, you would have noticed that the first part was my main response, with anti-semetism being an alternative. I said that the main reason was Islamic Jihad, Hamas think that at one point all the land was under Muslim control. From that point of view it means that it can never fall into non-Muslim hands again. Now you said that me saying Hamas wants to liberate Palestine, means that it is under some sort or occupation and that it is then only a resistance movement. Before I answer your questions, when you say occupied lands, are you refering to the whole area or just the West Bank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    Firstly if you had read my reply properly, you would have noticed that the first part was my main response, with anti-semetism being an alternative. I said that the main reason was Islamic Jihad,
    The concept or the group?

Hamas think that at one point all the land was under Muslim control.
    Was it not?

From that point of view it means that it can never fall into non-Muslim hands again.
    I don't think they are the ones crying about it being their "homeland". From 3000 years ago, no less.

Now you said that me saying Hamas wants to liberate Palestine, means that it is under some sort or occupation and that it is then only a resistance movement. Before I answer your questions, when you say occupied lands, are you refering to the whole area or just the West Bank?
    We are taking from the viewpoint of Hamas so do you not think that we should discuss it as Hamas sees it?

ReputationRep:
    The concept or the group?

Was it not?

I don't think they are the ones crying about it being their "homeland". From 3000 years ago, no less.

We are taking from the viewpoint of Hamas so do you not think that we should discuss it as Hamas sees it?
    The concept. The concept that Hamas hold to be true. If we look at the conflict from the perspective of Hamas, then it is from a twisted perspective. Hamas don't recognise an entire nation, land dispute or not, and don't recognise their right to exist. This is racist. You are argueing from this point of view and therefore your arguementa are racist as well as they don't aknowledge an entire nation. I have mentioned previously that I support a two state solution, two nations recognised, living side by side. Do you recognise both Israel's and Palestine's right to exist? If you do, then we have no arguement. If you don't, then you are a racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 767)
    The concept. The concept that Hamas hold to be true. If we look at the conflict from the perspective of Hamas, then it is from a twisted perspective. Hamas don't recognise an entire nation, land dispute or not, and don't recognise their right to exist. This is racist.
    Some Orthodox Jews do not recognise Israel. Are they racist?

FYI, Hamas doesn't recognise Israel's "right to exist", in their backyard. That is completely different to your simple misconception that Hamas doesn't recognise Israel's right to exist.

You are argueing from this point of view and therefore your arguementa are racist as well as they don't aknowledge an entire nation.
    Oh, i acknowledge Israel's right to exist. Where is another question altogether?

Some might say it should only exist hypothetically, others state the Isles of Sicily whilst others point to America's ample space.

I have mentioned previously that I support a two state solution, two nations recognised, living side by side. Do you recognise both Israel's and Palestine's right to exist? If you do, then we have no arguement. If you don't, then you are a racist.
    Not supporting a two state solution =/= Racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LockheedSpooky)
    Mum, can I dress up as a famous 'palestinian' celebrity?

Sure you can dear.

Cherry picking images and reposting them instead of actually formulating an argument?
    brilliant

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.