Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have revision and assessments to do but I feel too down to do them . Feeling miserable as hell about the stresses of life and being a loner :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks. not reallt sure what im saying though etc and wouldn't want to trigger you. how are you?
    dontknow just dissociated
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    Locked myself in the bathroom to have a quiet meltdown. Nothing feels like it's right and I have no control over anything.

Sick of being alone with nowhere to release all this stress building up in me. Helping a couple of my friends through some tough times but its having a real bad effect on me, not sure what I should prioritise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Locked myself in the bathroom to have a quiet meltdown. Nothing feels like it's right and I have no control over anything.
    :hugs: could you have a bath or a shower to try and calm and bring yourself back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    cant do this :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    What do you mean "dumped"?
    Doesn't want to work with me any more.

It's annoying because it took me ages to find him. Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)

I have been fired by two therapists, any idea why he didn't want to work with you anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Hope you manage to get things under control again shortly :console:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Sick of being alone with nowhere to release all this stress building up in me. Helping a couple of my friends through some tough times but its having a real bad effect on me, not sure what I should prioritise
    The first things we often drop are our most basic needs, so regular eating, sleeping, and exercise. Exercise doesn't need to be strenuous, a decent walk is good enough. Make sure you stay on top with those, and then try to have a variety of things to do throughout a day, different things keep your brain stimulated. Remember that enjoyment is just as important as doing stuff that's productive! :hugs:

Even if you don't keep on top of everything, planning in itself can be very helpful i find.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry I'm not around much today but huge hugs to everyone here, especially those struggling :grouphugs: :console: :sadnod:

Got my psychiatrist's appointment tomorrow. My nurse told me to write down everything that's happened but I can't remember half of what happened since March :erm:

Sorry to hear that :console:

ReputationRep:
    feeling really ****ty. might call crisis team. don't know. don't feel hugely safe

ReputationRep:
    feeling really ****ty. might call crisis team. don't know. don't feel hugely safe
    Sorry to hear that. If you think calling the crisis team might help then it's a good idea. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    I have been fired by two therapists, any idea why he didn't want to work with you anymore?
    Yeah. He said he doubted my commitment and he worked better with people who were able to commit to the therapy.

Funny thing is, that's the kind of issue I went to see him about.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    cant di this struggling

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. He said he doubted my commitment and he worked better with people who were able to commit to the therapy.

Funny thing is, that's the kind of issue I went to see him about.
    My second one said I wasn't trying hard enough. Though in my case that was because I wasn't in a place where I could put effort into therapy, I was more coping with just getting out of bed. Did he give you references for other therapists? They're normally able to do that. I understand it's a pain but I think it can be really helpful if you find a decent person that works well with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    My second one said I wasn't trying hard enough. Though in my case that was because I wasn't in a place where I could put effort into therapy, I was more coping with just getting out of bed. Did he give you references for other therapists? They're normally able to do that. I understand it's a pain but I think it can be really helpful if you find a decent person that works well with you.
    He didn't unfortunately.

I'll look for others - I have a number I can call which can help. But it was all a bit of a plunge for me. It took a lot for me to work up to seeing someone about all this. I think I'll have to have a little think about the best way forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Sorry to hear that. If you think calling the crisis team might help then it's a good idea. :hugs:
    thanks. I chickened out. seems to be the theme of my life atm

ReputationRep:
    thanks. I chickened out. seems to be the theme of my life atm
    Don't feel bad about that, I only found the guts to call the crisis team twice when I was under them.

Is there anything else you can do to feel safer? Maybe call a friend or bake something delicious?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.