• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by georgia)
    Morning all

I'm still seemingly incapable of waking up early, but I also couldn't get to sleep last night so that probably didn't help. Returning to normal slooooooowly!

I wish I could go swimming Our local pool has way too much chlorine in and it just ruins my skin and hair. I need a saltwater pool pronto.
    I've swam in an ozone pool, that was lovely! Especially as I did my lifeguarding qualification in it - it was the first time I hadn't worn goggles while swimming all the time. Plus I had to go down to the bottom of the pool - 4m!! Then I played waterpolo and had to get used to the chlorine anyway! I always wash my hair afterwards, so it wasn't too bad

ReputationRep:
    I started lessons when i was 3 and did it without goggle from teh start, so have always been acustomed to the cholorine. Though makes me eyes go cloudy if i'm in there for too long, and I see rainbows if I look at bright lights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    I started lessons when i was 3 and did it without goggle from teh start, so have always been acustomed to the cholorine. Though makes me eyes go cloudy if i'm in there for too long, and I see rainbows if I look at bright lights

:lolwut:

I'm pretty certain that's not something to be happy about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    :lolwut:

I'm pretty certain that's not something to be happy about...
    haha, it fades once i rest my eyes ^^ pretty rainbows!

ReputationRep:
    haha, it fades once i rest my eyes ^^ pretty rainbows!

My arm fixed itself after I broke it, doesn't mean I want to keep doing it though!

ReputationRep:
    My arm fixed itself after I broke it, doesn't mean I want to keep doing it though!
    swimming is very different from breaking your arm though. I like feeling like a water baby!! None of this goggle strangle-your-head stuff ^^

ReputationRep:
    swimming is very different from breaking your arm though. I like feeling like a water baby!! None of this goggle strangle-your-head stuff ^^

Messing your eyes up with chlorine isn't my idea of fun!

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all, thought I'd come say hi seeing as I've just finished work. Still have a massive hangover though...

Good times.

ReputationRep:
    Messing your eyes up with chlorine isn't my idea of fun!
    well, hasn't damaged my eyes so far ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by netprime)
    Afternoon all, thought I'd come say hi seeing as I've just finished work. Still have a massive hangover though...

Good times.
    *waves*

I'm raving tonight and tomorrow night :woo:

ReputationRep:
    well, hasn't damaged my eyes so far ^^

You've just said they keep clouding up and that you're seeing rainbows!

Generally, if something is making the light you're looking at break up into the visible spectrum without there being a lense or filter, then it's not a good thing!!

And boohiss to you all for having lives :sad:

ReputationRep:
    You've just said they keep clouding up and that you're seeing rainbows!

Generally, if something is making the light you're looking at break up into the visible spectrum without there being a lense or filter, then it's not a good thing!!
    Only if I've been in a swimming pool with chlorine for 30 mins or so, doesn't happen randomly ^^ only after swimming! :p: Then it fades.

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, I gathered that... but still.

I don't go swimming, don't expose my eyes to chlorine and don't have them go blurry or see rainbows, so I win :p:

ReputationRep:
    *waves*

I'm raving tonight and tomorrow night :woo:
    Where abouts?

I went to a rave once, danced with the birthday girl's mum (and the birthday girl too :rolleyes: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchGal)
    Around November, I heard - this was hearsay though, so I might be wrong.
    NOVEMBER?! I thought they were releasing 4 special episodes this year... Unless they're doing 3 at once or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by netprime)
    NOVEMBER?! I thought they were releasing 4 special episodes this year... Unless they're doing 3 at once or something.

Well, you would kind of expect the beeb to maybe want to have 2 episodes covering the christmas period...

However, as the first special was aired at easter, they have a year from then to release the others, while still being technically accurate with their press releases.

So, one in Nov, one on Crimble Day, last one during Easter, showing the regeneration into Matt Smith, and then his series can start next summer....

Sounds like it works to me.

On another note, I have done today [fitness wise]:
    2.5mile run
    110 pressups
    130 situps
    60 tricep raises
    80 stepups
    60 dorsal raises

TWICE.

I'm a bit knackered.

ReputationRep:
    That circuit training I did on Tues eve has turned me into a hobbling old woman. Every muscle hurts whenever I move XD

ReputationRep:
    woohoo work is over!
    hello all

ReputationRep:
    That circuit training I did on Tues eve has turned me into a hobbling old woman. Every muscle hurts whenever I move XD

That's why you need to keep doing it :yep:

As silly as that sounds:p:

ReputationRep:
    But it's not nice when you can't walk :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.