Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal aint being proactive enough in the transfer window.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Good thing about the Caf is that it has a dedicated newbies section, you can't get promoted to speak on the main boards unless you post properly in the eyes of the mods. So most wums/trolls/mentally challenged/deluded are left there. You are right though, quite a few do slip through the nets :K:
    Only reason RAWK gets so much crap is because you have some United fans sad enough to go through the forum everyday looking for posts. The amount of times I have friends quoting RAWKmeltdown at me trying to mug me off as if it means anything is embarassing, half the stuff on their is taken completely out of context and the other half is your standard delusional crap. The only thing worse then fan forums is when you look at Facebook comments from the official page. "I'D DIE FOR LFC", "YNWA" at the end of every comment.

ReputationRep:
    It keeps getting better

http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/une...18013_actu.Htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    There's speculating, and there's believing. Take for example kidomo, who believes that suarez would win you the title because RVP did that for united, or that spurs would give a full strength real madrid team a tough ride.

That's delusion. What's not deluded is talking about possible transfers and how likely they are to happen/is it going to be good. E.g. arsenal talking about buying higuain and saying that they have a good chance of getting him(which they did e.g.)
    Yeah I can't defend opinions like that, I'm one of the more pessimistic Arsenal fans though tbf. Shame this thread just seems like an endless cycle of people spouting crap and then getting shot down from all angles in a never ending cycle.

Why do you think there's no chance of Arsenal getting Suarez btw? Out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    It keeps getting better

http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/une...18013_actu.Htm
    Chamakh has 60 caps for Morocco whereas this guy has none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Yeah I can't defend opinions like that, I'm one of the more pessimistic Arsenal fans though tbf. Shame this thread just seems like an endless cycle of people spouting crap and then getting shot down from all angles in a never ending cycle.

Why do you think there's no chance of Arsenal getting Suarez btw? Out of interest.
    Well, the main thing was the release clause which would have thrown a spanner into things(I thought suarez was lying anyway was obvious)

But anyway while arsene is willing to pay the money, liverpool won't strengthen their rivals and destroy their minimum hopes of reaching top 4. That's why I believe you won't get suarez. If you were to get suarez you'd have to pay over the top for him, seeing as arsene didn't even go for higuain for an extra 10mil do you see him buying suarez for 50m+?

At least we know that wenger has money available to spend and he's willing to spend which is a positive. But he still won't pay over the odds.

ReputationRep:

Oh but that's the whole fun, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Oh but that's the whole fun, my friend.
    I hate to admit it but I have a love hate relationship with this.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with saying Suarez we will win us the league? Everyone knows we need a striker who can finish all our chances! If you add up all the chances Arsenal have missed in the 2012/13 season it would have been enough to win the league. I'm sure of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    What's wrong with saying Suarez we will win us the league? Everyone knows we need a striker who can finish all our chances! If you add up all the chances Arsenal have missed in the 2012/13 season it would have been enough to win the league. I'm sure of it.

x
    Case in point above you.

ReputationRep:
    Signing Suarez would only guarantee Arsenal a top 4 finish in my view. Rest of the squad is very average apart from Cazorla and Koscielny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Signing Suarez would only guarantee Arsenal a top 4 finish in my view. Rest of the squad is very average apart from Cazorla and Koscielny.
    And this exact squad you're berating made the top 4 last season:rofl:

With the addition of Suarez, we can expect to finish 2nd at minimum. But I'm gunning for the title with Suarez ( 30+ goals guaranteed from him alone). Suarez is hungry for titles, and so are we.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw that WayneGooney guy what a load of utter nonsense. I laughed so hard when I read his tweets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    And this exact squad you're berating made the top 4 last season:rofl:
    It is more to do with how good a manager Wenger is than the quality of Arsenal's squad.

Also because Tottenham never signed the striker to secure their position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    So the guy who was our top scorer last season was 'very average'. Rosicky was vital to our end of season push as was Mertesacker. Sagna is good and did okay after coming back from a horrific leg break - yes he made noticable errors but he wasn't like that before his injury so I'm hoping he will find his feet again. Wilshere was excellent, and I'd say after he came back in January, the limelight was somewhat taken off Cazorla. Monreal has been excellent since he joined and is providing competition for Gibbs and Jenkinson is still young but developing rapidly.

Further up field is where we have problems, the main ones being DM and ST. Giroud misses some easy chances but then again, it was his first season. Foreign players seldom make a major impact in their first season unless you're £40m Aguero. Benteke and Michu are great exceptions.

What we lack is depth. You're right in saying we're average as a whole squad, but for our first XI, we can compete. Behind that is where we start falling but even then, it's happened for 4 years and we've made 3rd or 4th still. So if we're average, Liverpool and Spurs have been completely rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Wilshere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    It is more to do with how good a manager Wenger is than the quality of Arsenal's squad.

Also because Tottenham never signed the striker to secure their position.
    Arsene Wenger rates his team highly, so he must know something we don't know about the players. Apart from the dead woods, everyone at Arsenal is a talent and have the potential to become great.

ReputationRep:
    Gervinho has gone to Roma. So that's a total of 21m off the wage bill and more to come hopefully whilst our infamous 70m-100m kitty has surely now become 80m-110m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Wilshere?
    Apparently he's overrated and only in the league of, if not inferior to the like of Cleverley. Believing he's better is part of the Arsenal fan delusion.

It's best for Gervinho to go. The pressure was just way too much for him. I expect him to do better at Roma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Apparently he's overrated and only in the league of, if not inferior to the like of Cleverley. Believing he's better is part of the Arsenal fan delusion.

It best for Gervinho to go. The pressure was just way too much for him. I expect him to do better at Roma.

So the guy who played on the same level as Xavi and the likes at tender age is overrated and better than Cleverly? :lolwut:
    Saying Cleverley> Wilshire is the height of all delusion.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.