• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Isn't.
    You can try but you might not get in for long
    It won't on its own.
    It's probably a 1 on the mohs scale.
    I'd have been much more amicable to your application if we as a party had been consulted and if there had been a several month long probationary period during which you couldn't join any party to demonstrate loyalty. Unfortunately it was handled abysmally and so what happened, happened.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'd have been much more amicable to your application if we as a party had been consulted and if there had been a several month long probationary period during which you couldn't join any party to demonstrate loyalty. Unfortunately it was handled abysmally and so what happened, happened.
    Water under the bridge. I don't even care anymore TBH. Just spotted the opportunity for a joke.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Water under the bridge. I don't even care anymore TBH. Just spotted the opportunity for a joke.
    I'm glad. Who knows, apply again (in 5 or 6 years time).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I'm glad. Who knows, apply again (in 5 or 6 years time).
    I know there are some people here that ancient but I don't plan on staying that long.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    I know there are some people here that ancient but I don't plan on staying that long.
    Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Oi!

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs just watched Eagle's interview with Peston. Whilst always sceptical, I was willing to listen to her (or anyone else who chooses to challenge) to see what vision she set out for the country. Within the first two minutes she says she doesn't want this to be about policies. **** off, I'm voting for jezza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Oh ffs just watched Eagle's interview with Peston. Whilst always sceptical, I was willing to listen to her (or anyone else who chooses to challenge) to see what vision she set out for the country. Within the first two minutes she says she doesn't want this to be about policies. **** off, I'm voting for jezza.
    I'm willing to listen, despite what some of my rl party friends might think, but I was already unlikely to support Eagle due to her voting record, and by not mentioning policy once in both her Peston interview, appearance on sunday politics or in her leadership speech it has completely put me off her
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I really don't understand why you guys want to keep Corbyn. Don't you care about ever being in government?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I really don't understand why you guys want to keep Corbyn. Don't you care about ever being in government?
    To be fair, on that front they're probably better off keeping him and hoping for another opportunity to get rid of him where they can actually put somebody electable against him rather than Eagle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    To be fair, on that front they're probably better off keeping him and hoping for another opportunity to get rid of him where they can actually put somebody electable against him rather than Eagle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If he survives then Momentum will have any moderates deselected.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I'd rather not keep him, but Angela Eagle is a silly woman with mostly silly ideas and an extremely annoying voice, so I will hold my nose and vote for him unless someone better enters the race.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If hr goes now moderates will be hoping momentum loses momentum otherwise they're deselected anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I'd rather not keep him, but Angela Eagle is a silly woman with mostly silly ideas and an extremely annoying voice, so I will hold my nose and vote for him unless someone better enters the race.
    No doubt about that, she (or somebody else) should have struck straight away.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    England aren't as fond of short fat shouty lesbians as Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hear, hear. I don't want either of them as Labour Leader. My personal choice would be Jarvis.

ReputationRep:
    Fear not, pragmatic Labourites: Owen Smith is in the race. This makes me very excited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    Fear not, pragmatic Labourites: Owen Smith is in the race. This makes me very excited.
    He was a pharma lobbyist, he's gunna have to do a hell of a lot to convince me. Like Eagle though, I'll give him a chance to set out his economic vision before writing him off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    He was a pharma lobbyist, he's gunna have to do a hell of a lot to convince me. Like Eagle though, I'll give him a chance to set out his economic vision before writing him off.
    I'm more worried about articles I've read saying he is arguing for greater privitisation of the NHS

ReputationRep:
    Momentum wouldn't even need to, the Labour members back him and are on their own accord and the CLP undermining his opponents. Eagle's Wallasley CLP is voting her out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.