Alhamdulillah, I'm good

:hugs: Hope you're feeling good as well
    Alhamdullilah I'm good..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5n(12-2n))
    is music haram to listen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)

Its incredibly hard to stop after growing up through with it through childhood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uwaiss)
    Its incredibly hard to stop after growing up through with it through childhood
    Keep in mind the remembrance of death, the grave, the gathering on judgement day, standing in front of allah, all of this will help you leave bad things, including music. There are some nasheeds which are very nice to listen to as well, especially the arabic ones. That doesn't mean you should become occupied with it, it means you may listen and relax only when you feel bored. Muslims should spend their time with things beneficial in this world and in hereafter. Also you can listen to quranic recitations, which is really good.
    Allah knows best.

ReputationRep:
    Keep in mind the remembrance of death, the grave, the gathering on judgement day, standing in front of allah, all of this will help you leave bad things, including music. There are some nasheeds which are very nice to listen to as well, especially the arabic ones. That doesn't mean you should become occupied with it, it means you may listen and relax only when you feel bored. Muslims should spend their time with things beneficial in this world and in hereafter. Also you can listen to quranic recitations, which is really good.
    Allah knows best.
    I don't understand most Nasheeds and stuff thats why I never bother.. I know Astag'firullah.. but thats how I feel, can you link me any?

ReputationRep:
    is music haram to listen?
    Well personally I don't think it is but many here will say that it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uwaiss)
    I don't understand most Nasheeds and stuff thats why I never bother.. I know Astag'firullah.. but thats how I feel, can you link me any?
    Try to listen to Quranic recitation..

Nasheeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLd7Jlgj1E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOM6W2mw5hU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUdefMfzxE

Quranic recitation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkjNROBu6l0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-W_NfyAP3Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHp_o2TepY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    It depends on what kind of music your listening to..

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what kind of music your listening to..
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    Very true.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Powerful reminder, jazakallah khair

okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks
    You are welcome

ReputationRep:
    PROSM

ReputationRep:
    Anyone went to that Saturday event in marble arch??

ReputationRep:
    What kind of music do you believe is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    I will PM you with the truth, i do not want to start a debate here, but i will reveal to you the muslims who incite secterian hatred (and have glorified Al-qaeda backed groups) and the non-muslims who are giving you advise and have no intentions whatsoever in the prosperity of Islam and muslims, and who themselves believe Allah sw misguides people.

I won't post it here, but give me time , i will also reply to your initial PM.
    u don't want a debate but u aim sly indirect digs at other members.
    y not just pm her all of this rather then say it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justforonegif)
    u don't want a debate but u aim sly indirect digs at other members.
    y not just pm her all of this rather then say it here.
    yo how does one get 3 gems after one post

ReputationRep:
    Riyadhus Salihin
    The Book of the etiquette of sleeping, lying and sitting etc

Al-Bara' bin 'Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:

Whenever Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) went to bed, he would lie down on his right side and recite: "Allahumma aslamtu nafsi ilaika, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilaika, wa fawwadtu amri ilaika, wa 'alja'tu zahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika, la malja'a wa la manja illa ilaika. Amantu bikitabikal-ladhi anzalta, wa nabiyyikal-ladhi arsalta [O Allah! I have submitted myself to You, I have turned my face to You, committed my affairs to You, and depend on You for protection out of desire for You and out of fear of You (expecting Your reward and fearing Your punishment). There is no refuge and no place of safety from You but with You. I believed in the Book You have revealed, and in the Prophet You have sent (i.e., Muhammad (ﷺ)).]"

[Al-Bukhari].

عن البراء بن عازب رضى الله عنهما قال‏:‏ كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ِإذا أوى إلى فراشه نام على شقه الأيمن، ثم قال‏:‏ ‏"‏ اللهم أسلمت نفسي إليك، ووجهت وجهي إليك، وفوضت أمري إليك، وألجأت ظهري إليك، رغبة ورهبة إليك، لا ملجأ ولا منجى منك إلا إليك‏.‏ آمنت بكتابك الذي أنزلت ‏.‏ ونبيك الذي أرسلت‏"‏‏.‏(1)‏.‏

Arabic/english book reference: book 5, hadith 814

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.