The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
What are you gonna do if after all this hype, Mourinho goes to Valencia instead?

Ngl I'd be pissed if it were me.
Pls, we all know that's not happening
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aky786UK)
LVG trying to **** up Mourinho with the Telegraaf piece but apparently the guy who is reporting was the same one pushing the Sneijder to United rumours back in the day but I really don't think anyone knows with any degree of confidence what will happen. I don't think even Woodward does - he's hoping a top four/FA Cup means he can get away with keeping LVG for another year but Mourinho is available and I don't think it'll be as traumatic as many people suggest.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Pls, we all know that's not happening
Yeah but what if it does? Like srsly.

LVG stays and DDG leaves. Instant bottom half finish.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
Yeah but what if it does? Like srsly.

LVG stays and DDG leaves. Instant bottom half finish.
Yeah probably but one things for sure, we'll still finish above Liverpool and do the double over you as per usual with LVG
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah probably but one things for sure, we'll still finish above Liverpool and do the double over you as per usual with LVG
True
We could have Barca's players and we'd still lose to you in the league.

At least we got our own back in the EL, even if it will likely come to nothing against Dortmund.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
New gif, not seen that one before but I meant as I feel Woodward doesn't know what he's doing because if he did, he'd have sacked LVG in December and brought Mourinho in when there was a chance for the title and if he was so sure Jose was the right man. He's dragged LVG's reign on and I think it's a case of hoping he wins the Cup/top four then least he'd have some justification for keeping him on for another year.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aky786UK)
New gif, not seen that one before but I meant as I feel Woodward doesn't know what he's doing because if he did, he'd have sacked LVG in December and brought Mourinho in when there was a chance for the title and if he was so sure Jose was the right man. He's dragged LVG's reign on and I think it's a case of hoping he wins the Cup/top four then least he'd have some justification for keeping him on for another year.
Not really. There could be many reason why LVG hasn't been sacked earlier on in the season, most of which nobody knows.

Do you really think that Woodward would be happy to keep LVG on another year if we just about scrape fourth place in time where Leicester is fighting with Tottenham to win the league especially after all our performances this year (including embarrassing exit in the CL)? Is that showing progress? Come on man, he's not a fool. It's clear as day light LVG needs to go regardless of what happens this season.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not really. There could be many reason why LVG hasn't been sacked earlier on in the season, most of which you nobody knows.

Do you really think that Woodward would be happy to keep LVG on another year if we just about scrape fourth place in time where Leicester is fighting with Tottenham to win the league especially after all our performances this year (including embarrassing exit in the CL)? Is that showing progress? Come on man, he's not a fool. It's clear as day light LVG needs to go regardless of what happens this season.
I hope so. Woodward's measuring stick of Moyes was retaining CL qualification, which he failed and was sacked the next day. LVG was fortunate that spell in March-April saw him to CL qualification last year.

If it became mathematically impossible to get top four, yet United had reached the cup final then unlike Moyes' ending, he'd let him manage until after the Cup final. I would think LVG would self-assess himself and accept a parting of the ways. But if there's no final then he'd let him on to the end of the season as Giggs doesn't want it for another four games. But again, no-one really knows and whilst other clubs get their plans moving for next year, United could have another summer a la 2013.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Di Maria WUMing City fans, cool
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Who remembers this plonker?

https://twitter.com/Jermaine_ManUtd/...52580621475841
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb..._campaign=2016

why spend 40 million on him?

i hope its rumours
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Dat Curry sauce
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In the UCL from our group Wolfsburg and PSV went through, Wolfsburg beat Real yesterday and PSV took Athletico Madrid to Pens, maybe our UCL group was not "easy" but we just took it easy and didn't prepare enough
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where you been bae SirAlexFerguson ???

Also, please confirm you're not a catfish.

Asking for Dirtybit and Luke's sister
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Where you been bae SirAlexFerguson ???

Also, please confirm you're not a catfish.

Asking for Dirtybit and Luke's sister
I've been revising for exams

Im a catfish
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can confirm I am SAF
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
SAF can confirm I am
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ma I mrifnoc nac FAS
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I ma can FAS confirm
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If city win the Champs league and Liverpool win the Europa league then does that mean even if we get 4th spot then we won't get champs league next season.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise