Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I only read something on facebook about it, the detail could easily be wrong, just was a kipper using it to argue ukip won't go anywhere
    Well I believe the Icelandic version is nothing like UKIP (besides being right-wing). It's a bit like if UKIP and the Tories merged - then they'd form a party like that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    When the indies failed to secure Scottish Independence they all went off to vote SNP. Now that Brexit has one there's no more reason to vote UKIP, so hopefully they'll fade away and vanish.
    Ukip will redefine themselves and I wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the lib dems as third party

There was a poll published from an unspecified pollster showing 59%, indie support, let's watch this drop by the time a referendum is called

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    I can't help but feel that UKIP will just grow now and springboard up.
    Let's hope not.

I think Labour can start working on getting the support it lost back and the Tories under eurosceptic leadership can do the same.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Ukip will redefine themselves and I wouldn't be surprised to see them replace the lib dems as third party

There was a poll published from an unspecified pollster showing 59%, indie support, let's watch this drop by the time a referendum is called

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They pretty much already have. But now their mission is dead in the water and Farage doesn't look like he's going to go down willingly. I don't see how they can redefine themselves with him at the helm.

You mean in Scotland? Let's hope so.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Third party?! You given up on Scotland already??? Pretty sure that's the SNP...
    Let's hope not.

I think Labour can start working on getting the support it lost back and the Tories under eurosceptic leadership can do the same.
    I cant help but feel that the farrage personality cult will simply get stronger with this win.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Third party?! You given up on Scotland already??? Pretty sure that's the SNP...

I cant help but feel that the farrage personality cult will simply get stronger with this win.
    "Replace the lib dems"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Be optimistic. I get the sense that eurosceptics who voted leave but traditionally vote Labour will return so that Britain's destiny outside of the EU can be guided by lefties. I also see no reason why the Tories who'll be leading Britain out can't reclaim lost right-wingers.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    "Replace the lib dems"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did read. But the third largest party IS the SNP.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Be optimistic. I get the sense that eurosceptics who voted leave but traditionally vote Labour will return so that Britain's destiny outside of the EU can be guided by lefties. I also see no reason why the Tories who'll be leading Britain out can't reclaim lost right-wingers.
    I am optimistic!!! Optimistic that Scotland will get a second ref and vote to leave so I can join them!!!

I really fear that you are dead wrong. They feel that labour don't speak for them and I'm not convinced by Corbyn anymore.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    I am optimistic!!! Optimistic that Scotland will get a second ref and vote to leave so I can join them!!!

I really fear that you are dead wrong. They feel that labour don't speak for them and I'm not convinced by Corbyn anymore.
    If that's the case, I am sure I won't be the only one to will on Scotland leaving us
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)

In a post-Brexit Britain we need a Labour government more than ever. I am confident that we will be able to win the arguments to that end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

Go to Poland, France or Italy now they are already in the eu.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Can't help but wonder whether William Hague regrets his early retirement right now...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Go to Poland, France or Italy now they are already in the eu.
    I still plan to go to university in the UK...
    In a post-Brexit Britain we need a Labour government more than ever. I am confident that we will be able to win the arguments to that end.
    This referendum has made me loose my trust in the English people to make sound political decisions...

ReputationRep:
    Benn is supposedly planning on leading the shadow cabinet coup and could be the candidate to run against Corbyn.

Benns do have a history of losing leadership elections however.

edit: just realised I am back to a Tony Benn profile picture after saying this
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Benn is supposedly planning on leading the shadow cabinet coup and could be the candidate to run against Corbyn.

The thing is I think Benn would be a great leader and I'd be happy to see him in the job... but not like this.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Hillary Benn would IMO be a much better leader than corbyn.

ReputationRep:
    The thing is I think Benn would be a great leader and I'd be happy to see him in the job... but not like this.
    (Original post by Aph)
    Hillary Benn would IMO be a much better leader than corbyn.
    I'm unsure, I don't see him regaining support lost in the last decade, and I don't see him carrying the growing left of the membership, we already saw how ugly it got against him over the Syria speech, and unlike Corbyn Benn voted for Iraq which I can see being a looming spectre over him if he does run.

I'm not saying Corbyn is great, but I think he is better than any of the other choices.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's lovely picture, it must be said.

I'm unsure, I don't see him regaining support lost in the last decade, and I don't see him carrying the growing left of the membership, we already saw how ugly it got against him over the Syria speech, and unlike Corbyn Benn voted for Iraq which I can see being a looming spectre over him if he does run.

I'm not saying Corbyn is great, but I think he is better than any of the other choices.
    I think he's someone a nation could get behind. But I don't think a bloody coup is what the party needs right now. I support Corbyn's continued leadership.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

I don't support him on Iraq but he is about as left as corbyn and actually a rather good debater. He probably come across as a more establishment option though...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.