Stupid TSR for not showing me these notifications til now :shakecane:
    Thank you both! :hugs: here's the location if you guys want a nosy
    Attachment 575968 Its very Scottish inside I love it :love:
    that's very annoying indeed

Woaaaah :eek: what a lovely place !! You have great tastes :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Very sorry to hear that :console:
    Most of the time parents want what is the best for us, though sometimes they don't really know how to lead us to the "good path" so they go a bit too far ^^"

I'm sure your mum didn't want to upset you, she's probably under stress or something like that if she needs that much to "control" your life. But try not to be too mad at her for that because she's still your mum and I'm sure she's trying her best anyway :yep:

About your sister, she adopted such a behaviour through mimicry, and didn't really considered hurting your feelings as well I'm sure <3

Are you going to uni any soon ? Will it be far from home ? If so, it'll probably be a relief as you won't have to cope with that family stress :console:
    Aww thanks for responding

To be honest, I think you're right, I'm just really worried because I'm going into Year 13 and want to retake 2/3 subjects so any extra stress put on me will not help at all

Yes, I will (hopefully) be going to uni in 2017, some unis like Cardiff, Newcastle, Swansea, East Anglia are quite far and in a way I feel I can get away from everything, but still be able to come back and see my family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Stupid TSR for not showing me these notifications til now :shakecane:
    Thank you both! :hugs: here's the location if you guys want a nosy
    Attachment 575968 Its very Scottish inside I love it :love:
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooah it
    is
    sooooooooooo
    beautiful!!!!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    do love a good nosey :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I have my life (almost) together

To-do lists are life savers :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I have my life (almost) together

To-do lists are life savers :love:
    :woo:
    So glad to hear this z!

Haha, I guess they're there for a reason:rolleyes: I should probably try using one
    Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Aww thanks for responding

To be honest, I think you're right, I'm just really worried because I'm going into Year 13 and want to retake 2/3 subjects so any extra stress put on me will not help at all

Yes, I will (hopefully) be going to uni in 2017, some unis like Cardiff, Newcastle, Swansea, East Anglia are quite far and in a way I feel I can get away from everything, but still be able to come back and see my family
    YW dear, ofc I reply ! <3

Aww I see :console: have you talked about it to your mum ? I think you should have a proper discussion with her, because she has no idea about how you feel and I bet she has no idea she makes you feel even worse. Really don't hesitate to talk to her ! Try to be calm so she'll see your being serious and not capricious or something :yep:

That's a good thing ! Because ofc we need our families but I think that at some point we need to be by our own and we cannot live with family 24/7 unless we end up having fights all the time :sigh:

Hope this helps ! Don't hesitate to talk on that thread when you need so, a lot of people will be hapoy to listen/advise (including me :hugs: )

Spock's Socks
    Congrats :woo:
    soo happy for you :jive:
    don't forget to show us your wedding pic(s) :ahee:
    if you don't mind
    :hugs: x

ReputationRep:
    fed up

But then I saw this... !!!

I just booked my wedding :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, eeeeep!! :woo: Can't imagine how you must be feeling rn :teehee:

really can't wait for this moment in my life :moon:

(Original post by sleepinglions)
    fed up
    What's up :console: ?

So sweeet ! Do you really feel better because of that ?? :3

ReputationRep:
    fed up

Congratulations, eeeeep!! :woo: Can't imagine how you must be feeling rn :teehee:

really can't wait for this moment in my life :moon:
    Thank you :hugs: I'm a mix of just about every emotion under the sun atm mainly happy and nervous though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's up :console: ?

So sweeet ! Do you really feel better because of that ?? :3
    Well it's as though 2 people I care quite a lot about just seem to be avoiding me for some reason?! 1 got back from holiday a few days ago, I've been trying to message and ask how things are going etc, but the replies are so blunt and the chat lasts about 5 minutes :erm: tried for 3 consecutive days With the second person, idek what's going on there, something's up - I've expressed my concern, just got ignored which is always lovely...

haha yeah it did!! I love weddings and love and everything beautiful and cute :teehee: :lol:

Well it's as though 2 people I care quite a lot about just seem to be avoiding me for some reason?! 1 got back from holiday a few days ago, I've been trying to message and ask how things are going etc, but the replies are so blunt and the chat lasts about 5 minutes :erm: tried for 3 consecutive days With the second person, idek what's going on there, something's up - I've expressed my concern, just got ignored which is always lovely...

haha yeah it did!! I love weddings and love and everything beautiful and cute :teehee: :lol:
    Sorry about that I think the 1st one may be just busy tbh, I can relate to that person, when I come back from a trip at the end of the summer there are so many things to do ! Try again, and if they really don't make an effort, they definitely don't deserve to be your friend
    The 2d one doesn't seem very nice tbh ;/ I'm sorry because you said you care about them, but if they don't care themselves the best you can do is letting them go, such people aren't very deserving :/ (unless they have a very good excuse, which I doubt so from what you did)

I agree :yep: weddings are so cute and all :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that I think the 1st one may be just busy tbh, I can relate to that person, when I come back from a trip at the end of the summer there are so many things to do ! Try again, and if they really don't make an effort, they definitely don't deserve to be your friend
    The 2d one doesn't seem very nice tbh ;/ I'm sorry because you said you care about them, but if they don't care themselves the best you can do is letting them go, such people aren't very deserving :/ (unless they have a very good excuse, which I doubt so from what you did)

I agree :yep: weddings are so cute and all :woo:
    Yeah, I suppose so! I'm probably just thinking too deep with the first person, but it's just so strange to go from speaking so much to nothing at all? As you said, will give it another shot and then make my final verdict ;P Thank you lovely :hugs: It's nice to talk it out! Yeah, I'm just going to leave it, I did my best I suppose and I'll obviously always be here, but I'll stop pestering stay in my lane and all of that

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    Spock's Socks
    Congrats :woo:
    soo happy for you :jive:
    don't forget to show us your wedding pic(s) :ahee:
    if you don't mind
    :hugs: x
    Grrrrrr silly TSR not showing me notifications again :shakecane:

Thank you :hugs: yeah I'll deffo add some pics but you guys will have a long wait, its not til Jan 2019 I'll still be here though. TSR can't get rid of me that easily :laugh:

Grrrrrr silly TSR not showing me notifications again :shakecane:

Thank you :hugs: yeah I'll deffo add some pics but you guys will have a long wait, its not til Jan 2019 I'll still be here though. TSR can't get rid of me that easily :laugh:
    ikr! TSR is just... arghhhhhh
    2019??!! :gasp: well its a long wait and you must be feeling so restless :lol: you maybe just want to let that moment happen asap :lol:
    aha no one wants the Scottish pure accent to leave TSR soo stay here :yy:

ReputationRep:
    ikr! TSR is just... arghhhhhh
    2019??!! :gasp: well its a long wait and you must be feeling so restless :lol: you maybe just want to let that moment happen asap :lol:
    aha no one wants the Scottish pure accent to leave TSR soo stay here :yy:
    We wanted to have the wedding on our 10th anniversary, hence the wait til 2019 plus it gives us time to save up a bit more and means we aren't rushing and trying to get everything done in a hurry But yeah, I do wish it was sooner :laugh: this year has flown in though so I'm hoping next year and 2018 does too

Oh god, you've heard my accent?! :laugh:

We wanted to have the wedding on our 10th anniversary, hence the wait til 2019 plus it gives us time to save up a bit more and means we aren't rushing and trying to get everything done in a hurry But yeah, I do wish it was sooner :laugh: this year has flown in though so I'm hoping next year and 2018 does too

Oh god, you've heard my accent?! :laugh:
    aha, wise decision :hoppy: its better to wait and settle everything up :yy:
    of course, i have :lol: your voice went viral on TSR :rofl: pure Scottish accent :woo: it was great :fan:

Yeah, I suppose so! I'm probably just thinking too deep with the first person, but it's just so strange to go from speaking so much to nothing at all? As you said, will give it another shot and then make my final verdict ;P Thank you lovely :hugs: It's nice to talk it out! Yeah, I'm just going to leave it, I did my best I suppose and I'll obviously always be here, but I'll stop pestering stay in my lane and all of that

Thanks again
    Maybe not, I was just trying to be as positive as possible tbf :/
    Yes don't waste too much time on such people (if you find out they were genuinely ignoring you for no reasons)
    I am glad I helped hope this is gonna be sorted soon tho !

Well if you ever need to vent, that thread is here for that :yep:

No worries ! Glad I could help :hugs:

I dunno why i am sooo scared rn :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why i am sooo scared rn :cry2:
    Boo :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.