Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    i need help cos this business is really annoying me. i got a B overall but the thing is my CCA was moved from an A* to a C when moderated. this is the same for my whole year. help cos i really wanted an A* in economics and now ive got a B???

does economics even have a controlled assessment??

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs don't matter....do well at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    My Results: 4A's, 6B's.

Maths -> B.
    English Language -> B
    English Literature -> A (Shocked as I had a D overall last year L.O.L #GG)
    Core Science -> B
    Additional Science -> A
    French -> A
    History -> B
    RS -> A
    ICT -> B
    Philosophy & Ethics -> B

^ Results of an average person.
    You should not be disappointed what so ever. Well done

ReputationRep:
    I got full marks in english lang exam but because of my CA it went down to an A....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Yay! :banana: Well done to you too!
    Thank-you! It gets easier from now on, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    You did Arabic?
    yep it's my first language so i figured that i'll get a qualification out of it

ReputationRep:
    I got 7Bs 4As and 2A* but i was hoping for an A* in physics and i was only one mark off and i am going to do it for A level. Do you think I should get it remarked?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for English Language for january 2013??

ReputationRep:
    1 UMS mark over the A* boundary for English Language - relief isn't the word!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marie farie)
    yep it's my first language so i figured that i'll get a qualification out of it
    MashAllah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    1 UMS mark over the A* boundary for English Language - relief isn't the word!
    regardless you got an A*, well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbieastoria)
    I did Biology, Chemistry, English and History and got into medical school last year

everyone does the sciences and maths, make yourself look different and more important take 2 subjects that you like and think you stand a good chance of getting an A in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought Maths or Physics is actually necessary for most Medical schools so I am mainly doing it to improve my chances as everything is so competitive these days. >.< I am taking History (my favourite subject) so I hope that will help me stand out in some way.

Out of interest, what grades did you get and did you drop one for A2?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by shka)
    10 a stars, 2 a and 1 a in additional math fmsq. not perfect but good i guess
    :eek:WELL DONE. How much did you study over the years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salinalily)
    I feel terrible right now I got to C's, how bad is a C guys plz help :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's honestly not that bad whilst it may seem disappointing just remember it and work hard for next year

It not be the average TSR grade but it's still good compared to everybody else!

ReputationRep:
    soo happy with my results
    6As, 3Bs, 1C and D in french

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in the science gcse I took early so happy as I thought I had failed completely! The only fustrating thing is I was 2 ums away from an a* ohh so close x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gyal97)
    does economics even have a controlled assessment??
    edexcel (unit 2) CCA. i got 40/40 from teacher and was moved down to a C, as was everyone else in my year.

ReputationRep:
    In AQA English Literature, am I the only one who is confused as to why so few people got A*s this year? In my school, only 2 people got A* this year, but last year 51 did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf bhatti)
    m going to cry!!!! crap results 2 B's, 5C's, 1D and 1E im struggling to find a college now!!! F%@K Can someone please help me or confort me.
    Don't worry it's not the end of the world! I think u got average grades after all
    Most colleges look for grades 5+ A* to C and you got 7 grades at a range from A* to C! And don't compare to TSR USERS they are beyond a normal human lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 9a*s and 2a's, overall I'm really glad, do you guys think these are good enough to apply to medical school? I don't have much information on the topic, and also are my grades satisfactory for Oxbridge? I'll be grateful for any responses
    My grades at gcse:
    ( A* : maths, bio, chem, physics, Spanish, Latin, English lit, art, geography )
    (A : German, English language)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.