Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Didn't know we were in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, there were big rumours at the beginning of the transfer window

http://www.squawka.com/news/micah-ri...-switch/111964

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti speaks out about Morata leaving this summerhttp://talksport.com/football/man-united-and-arsenal-alert-ancelotti-confirms-real-madrid-forward-set-summer-exitWith Morata/Mandzukic both leaving, and Ballotelli/Remy available, it's really interesting to see who we'll end up with.If we don't sign a single striker I'll seriously be pissed.

ReputationRep:
    How bad is the reaction going to be when Cesc is confirmed at Chelsea? **** hit the fan when the SSN rumours surfaced but it seems to have calmed a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are we saying when he is confirmed. You mean if.

It's not a done deal.

ReputationRep:
    I've already sucked it up tbh. DOn't really care anymore if he does end up going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    How bad is the reaction going to be when Cesc is confirmed at Chelsea? **** hit the fan when the SSN rumours surfaced but it seems to have calmed a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The reaction will only be bad if Wenger doesn't spend. Once you get over the initial hurt ache you can see why Arsene would pass up the opportunity to get him back.

If we go out, get a top striker, big scary DM, quality right back, possibly a LW along with a GK and CB, the first 4 more so than the last 2, and spend some serious cash all will be forgotten and somewhat forgiven.

However, if we spend £40m-£50m on some rank average players, all hell will break loose!

An angry Arsenal fanbase is a scary thing!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we do end up getting Cesc and people have a breakdown about buying the wrong players next year, I will quit the forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    If we do end up getting Cesc and people have a breakdown about buying the wrong players next year, I will quit the forum
    Cesc + players we need = good thing.
    Cesc + some of the players we need = decent thing.
    Cesc + no players we need = bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Cesc + players we need = good thing.
    Cesc + some of the players we need = decent thing.
    Cesc + no players we need = bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good needed players but no Cesc > Cesc + not as good needed players tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should really go for Lukaku

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Good needed players but no Cesc > Cesc + not as good needed players tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most definitely. On that basis I do think Arsene is prepare to go all out if he's fine with Cesc going to Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely. On that basis I do think Arsene is prepare to go all out if he's fine with Cesc going to Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are too many decent strikers available atm it would be criminal not to get one. That being said however I wouldn't mind if Wenger gave striker a skip but bought Griezeman, and nothing less than a World class CDM which ATM is our Achilles heel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would not be surprised if we just end up with a RB and some obscure French African kid from Ligue 1. The club is probably satisfied with spunking the cash in a bank somewhere with nice interest rates. Yay profits margins yay.

ReputationRep:
    Need world class striker.

Lukaku wants to leave Chelsea.

Buy Lukaku.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Walcott Fabregas Ozil
    -- Ramsey Wilshere
    --------- Flamini
    Gibbs Kosc Mert Sagna
    ------- Szczczczc

Not bad. Bit of tippy tappy, bit of pace from Walcott, engines in midfield, drive from Ramsey. Not bad.

Can't believe you guys want a DM more than a centre forward. Flamini was one of your best players last season, Wenger just needs to make him first choice. A proper centre forward will make SO MUCH MORE of a difference than an improvement on Flamini, especially with the other midfielders you have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Need world class striker.

Lukaku wants to leave Chelsea.

Buy Lukaku.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lukaku is not World Class. Honest to to I'm happy some of you people on here don't run Arsenal. Only God knows what would happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Lukaku is not World Class. Honest to to I'm happy some of you people on here don't run Arsenal. Only God knows what would happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The market for world class strikers is very small. We may not get a worldie, but we still need a striker of quality which is either better or the same as Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The market for world class strikers is very small. We may not get a worldie, but we still need a striker of quality which is either better or the same as Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know lol I'm not saying he's a bad player. But Chelsea would probably ask for some ridiculous money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku has the potential to be world class he seriously reminds me of Drogba

That being said. The word world class striker shouldn't be thrown out so much but let's see who we could actually go for

Remy
    Bony
    Lukaku
    Ballotelli
    Mandzukic
    Morata

Anyone of these bar Morata will be suffice

Bony Remy and Lukaku have similar stats mind you

Mandzukic confirmed his exit yesterday meaning we should be all over him and tbh he's the closest thing to world class available right now. Talks of "just a better Giroud don't buy him" is nonsense really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yeah I know lol I'm not saying he's a bad player. But Chelsea would probably ask for some ridiculous money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As much as Mou hates us, I find it hard to see him turn down £20m-£25m for a player he has no intention of playing! All the strikers we are interested would command such a fee (Benzema probably £30m+) so it would make sense to go for the one with most room to grow and potential.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.