Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't post on here a whole lot, but I can't believe how people are serious when they write: I have 4 A* and a UKCAT of 720, would Kings/Southampton/Newcastle accept this?

Of course it's good enough, but yes, your PS might be crap or you might be a complete square and fail the interview. Anything can happen. But yes, scores like that ^, for anyone reading, gives you almost the best chance of at least an interview.

Good luck all!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCW)
    I don't post on here a whole lot, but I can't believe how people are serious when they write: I have 4 A* and a UKCAT of 720, would Kings/Southampton/Newcastle accept this?

Of course it's good enough, but yes, your PS might be crap or you might be a complete square and fail the interview. Anything can happen. But yes, scores like that ^, for anyone reading, gives you almost the best chance of at least an interview.

Good luck all!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heisenberg___)
    Hey guys,

Do you think it's too much of a gamble to apply to Barts medicine with 480 ucas and 2150 (716) on UKCAT? Thanks in advance
    What the heck! how did you get such a high tariff?!!! Unless you are doing it the old way and you have like 4 As or something

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Do you think it's too much of a gamble to apply to Barts medicine with 480 ucas and 2150 (716) on UKCAT? Thanks in advance
    480 with the new (2017 where an A level A* is 56) or old tariff (where an A level A* is 140)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaysinn)
    Hey! May i know what ucas track is for hahahah
    For tracking the progress of your UCAS application and if anyone has offered you a place etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    For tracking the progress of your UCAS application and if anyone has offered you a place etc
    Ooh ok thanks haven't even thought about using it as the deadline for ucas submissions isn't even up yet lolol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    480 with the new (2017 where an A level A* is 56) or old tariff (where an A level A* is 140)?
    Old A-Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    What the heck! how did you get such a high tariff?!!! Unless you are doing it the old way and you have like 4 As or something
    So yeah I did the old A-Level and got 3A* and an A at as-level. People who did epq and music qualifications could easily get tariffs around 600

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Your tariff is quite high though, plus I'm pretty sure your UKCAT score puts you in the 9th decile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really?? This is the old ucas tariff by the way.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i have two questions, firstly i am in the 9th decile for the ukcat, does this mean i got in the top 10% scores?
    secondly do we need to work out our ucas tariff??! i didnt think it was really that important anymore as long as you are predicted 3A's at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    It shows the averages in 2015 already i think. I thought the average was going to increase seeing as QR and AR were much easier this year for everyone because a lot more got over 800 but i guess not, perhaps it got weighed down by VR. Everyone on here seemed to have got a lot more
    Even though it may seem like a lot of people got >800 if you think about it I would say more of those people actually posted their results on TSR making it seem like a lot of people got that. So yeah, at one point I was like OMG how are so many people getting this, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSD99)
    So with 2110 am I in the 9th?!!
    yes x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    yes x
    How is it 9th decile? I got 2110 too so just wondering

ReputationRep:
    Is St.georges a ukcat heavy university? And is cardiff a heavy gcse university because i heard that you have to get atleast 8A* to get an interview or something? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Even though it may seem like a lot of people got >800 if you think about it I would say more of those people actually posted their results on TSR making it seem like a lot of people got that. So yeah, at one point I was like OMG how are so many people getting this, lol.
    Yeah I agree ha but even last years ukcat takers didn't get nearly as high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Is St.georges a ukcat heavy university? And is cardiff a heavy gcse university because i heard that you have to get atleast 8A* to get an interview or something? Thanks
    Cardiff is really GCSE heavy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    How is it 9th decile? I got 2110 too so just wondering
    9th decile or 8th decile whatever u call it it just means u did better than 80%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    hey guys i have two questions, firstly i am in the 9th decile for the ukcat, does this mean i got in the top 10% scores?
    secondly do we need to work out our ucas tariff??! i didnt think it was really that important anymore as long as you are predicted 3A's at least
    Top 20%. The name is stupid but I think it's quite obvious that If you are in the highest you are in top 10 then second highest you are in top 20 etc because u can't be top 0% at the highest.
    Only Barts use UCAS tariff.

ReputationRep:
    So yeah I did the old A-Level and got 3A* and an A at as-level. People who did epq and music qualifications could easily get tariffs around 600
    Go on google and calculate tariff by the tariff calculator. You need to use predictions and u can't get A* at AS eventhough it's over 90%

ReputationRep:
    Hey could anyone give me some advice? It's urgent obviously

I *somehow* got 2180 on my ukcat which puts me in the 9th decile

My plan was to apply to Exeter, Liverpool, Plymouth and BSMS (bmat) for Medicine with my backup being Chemical Engineering at Birmingham. I'm resitting btw

Only thing is since I got a good score, should I take out BSMS, not stress over the bmat (and get my money back) and apply for Chem Eng at Manchester where they are willing to give me an offer since I meet the points required??

Chemical engineering is competitive enough as it is so by putting 4 med unis and birmingham down, is it too risky? Or should I just maximise my chances with getting an interview for medicine by applying to Brighton anyway?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.