Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know it is a cushy job with basically no real problems but to me it is just a boring job. He should have stayed at WBA or tried for a bigger club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I know it is a cushy job with basically no real problems but to me it is just a boring job. He should have stayed at WBA or tried for a bigger club.
    If you're talking about the England job...

I think there's a lot of pressure, far more than at club level. At (premiership) club level you've got probably around a few 100,000 fans or so, whereas the whole football-watching nation is interested in the England team - that's far more people to impress!

There's also a pool of around 500 or so players to pick from, rather than 25, all playing different formations and tactics for their respective clubs. You've got to make a group of 23 guys from different clubs understand what you want from them and to get them to play together. It must be pretty stressful! Can understand why a lot of England managers (or any national manager, for that matter) struggle.

Hodgson was doing a good job at WBA, but they've carried on playing well without him. Leaving Fulham for Liverpool was the worst decision he's made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch)
    If you're talking about the England job...

I think there's a lot of pressure, far more than at club level. At (premiership) club level you've got probably around a few 100,000 fans or so, whereas the whole football-watching nation is interested in the England team - that's far more people to impress!

There's also a pool of around 500 or so players to pick from, rather than 25, all playing different formations and tactics for their respective clubs. You've got to make a group of 23 guys from different clubs understand what you want from them and to get them to play together. It must be pretty stressful! Can understand why a lot of England managers (or any national manager, for that matter) struggle.

Hodgson was doing a good job at WBA, but they've carried on playing well without him. Leaving Fulham for Liverpool was the worst decision he's made.
    You do realise my post was in reference to the one above mine don't you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch)
    Its in reference to Ashworth's role within the FA. See previous page for link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    You do realise my post was in reference to the one above mine don't you?

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Its in reference to Ashworth's role within the FA. See previous page for link.
    Ahhh, sorry! I assumed, because you mentioned WBA, that you were referring to Hodgson! Didn't realise the Ashworth was at WBA before.

ReputationRep:
    John Terry has retired from international football. '...position is untenable'.

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance. Gob ****e.

ReputationRep:
    A shame to lose our best centre back, and even worse is that now Rio Ferdinand could be back on the scene :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Hope Rio doesn't come back. Injury prone and when he is fit looks past it.

ReputationRep:
    1 - San Marino have only ever won one international, their overall record being P113 W1 D5 L107 F19 A467. Minnows

I am going to literally piss myself if we lose to San Marino.

Lampard injured + Gerrard out too

(Original post by Tommyjw)
    1 - San Marino have only ever won one international, their overall record being P113 W1 D5 L107 F19 A467. Minnows

I am going to literally piss myself if we lose to San Marino.

Lampard injured + Gerrard out too
    Apparently, the odds of them winning is longer than the odds of finding the Yeti some time in the next year. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Right, let's get enthused and win ten nil.

Hart
    Walker Cahill Lescott Cole
    Walcott Cleverley Carrick AOC
    Rooney Defoe

Walcott to be **** and replaced by Lennon at half time who scores a hat-trick.

:england:

ReputationRep:
    Hart
    Walker Shawcross Lescott Baines
    Walcott Cleverley Carrick Downing
    Defoe Wanchope

I really don't care. You'll win. Handsomely.

ReputationRep:
    Paulo Wanchope might be a bit past it. And Costa Rican.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryogenic)
    Paulo Wanchope might be a bit past it. And Costa Rican.
    Yeah, but apart from that? Just what you lot need.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they need Shaun Goater, not Wanchope.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that England have a chance tonight.

ReputationRep:
    San Marino has a very small population, one of the tiniest in Europe. They're first team players are probably the equivalent of English ameutars.

Prediction: England 6-0 San Marino

ReputationRep:
    Hart, Walker, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill, Carrick, Walcott, Cleverley, Welbeck, Rooney (C), Oxlade-Chamberlain

Not a bad team :beard: . Hopefully its less of a 4-4-2 and more of a 4-2-3-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Hart, Walker, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill, Carrick, Walcott, Cleverley, Welbeck, Rooney (C), Oxlade-Chamberlain

Not a bad team :beard: . Hopefully its less of a 4-4-2 and more of a 4-2-3-1
    GK: Hart

RB: Walker
    LB: Baines
    CB: Jagielka, Cahill

CM: Carrick, Cleverley

AMR: Walcott
    AML: Ox

CF: Rooney
    ST: Wellbeck

expect the front four to rotate as needed though.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.