Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

I really need to stop buying DWM. The last one I bought is still in its covers somewhere in this dump and I can't really afford them but I can't resist them either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    :facepalm:

Rory looks like a knob. Please make him die.

4 was with Donna.
    Ah, I quite enjoyed Donna as a companion so I quite enjoyed that series.

Martha however, :facepalm2: I used to get uncomfortable watching her performance because I could just imagine how uncomfortable it would be moving about whilst being made of wood.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. I kinda liked Donna as a companion :teehee:

Interesting topic of debate. Since Series 6 is being put forward as the scariest/best/most exciting/revealing series to date, what series does everyone think is the strongest, and the weakest?

:holmes:
    I thought two and five were the strongest, and three the weakest (Martha )

(Original post by Mess.)
    Ah, I quite enjoyed Donna as a companion so I quite enjoyed that series.

Martha however, :facepalm2: I used to get uncomfortable watching her performance because I could just imagine how uncomfortable it would be moving about whilst being made of wood.
    This. So much. I thought Donna was funny, it was nice to have a companion where there wasn't any romance with the Doctor! With Rose it was okay since he loved her back (although they ruined it when they brought her back and gave her the second Doctor :mad:) but Martha was just moping around after him the whole time. Plus she seemed really thick - I didn't believe she was a doctor for a minute, Rose worked in a shop and still had more common sense than her!

(Original post by aaran-j)
    This month's DWM covers:

WARNING: THEY ARE VERY SPOILERISH

Spoiler:
    Show

:zomg:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Noooooo please don't let it be The Doctor or Rory :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I like Rory
    I don't want him to die :puppyeyes:

I also agree, Martha was the worst companion, wish is a shame 'cause that series had some very good storylines in it (Harold Saxon :suith:)

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited :coma:

We finally find out who River Song is :love:

ReputationRep:
    if amy pond dies im never watching doctor who again

ReputationRep:
    Well they did already kill Rory once last series so I'm hoping they won't do it again? And you can't kill the Doctor permanently, he's the title of the show. So I think it's most likely to be River, since Amy was in more of the clips from the trailer. But perhaps whoever it is will die in the future but they'll go back before it happened..

ReputationRep:
    The Poison Sky episode made no sense.

Seriously? Setting the whole atmosphere on fire?
    I really enjoyed that episode.

Oh hell, I'm supposed to be doing coursework. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    Well they did already kill Rory once last series so I'm hoping they won't do it again? And you can't kill the Doctor permanently, he's the title of the show. So I think it's most likely to be River, since Amy was in more of the clips from the trailer. But perhaps whoever it is will die in the future but they'll go back before it happened..
    Apparently if you die, you die. End of. You can't time travel back along your own timeline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    if amy pond dies im never watching doctor who again
    I said that when David Tennant regenerated. Matt Smith could never make Doctor Who as good as Tennant did. Guess I was proved wrong.

I agree, Amy Pond is a great companion. Saying that, I really liked Martha Jones too and had a hissy fit when they announced Catherine Tate, but grew to like her in the end as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I thought two and five were the strongest, and three the weakest (Martha )

This. So much. I thought Donna was funny, it was nice to have a companion where there wasn't any romance with the Doctor! With Rose it was okay since he loved her back (although they ruined it when they brought her back and gave her the second Doctor :mad:) but Martha was just moping around after him the whole time. Plus she seemed really thick - I didn't believe she was a doctor for a minute, Rose worked in a shop and still had more common sense than her!

:zomg:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Noooooo please don't let it be The Doctor or Rory :cry:

That's intriguing. It can't be the Doctor, it can't be Amy because she's been confirmed for the next few series, it can't really be Rory again because that would be stupid, so it has to be River. Although I highly doubted that as well! Oh God!

I'm interested: why have they all got tally charts on their arms?

ReputationRep:
    Amy Pond is a **** companion, though that can change I never cared about her in the last series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Amy Pond is a **** companion, though that can change I never cared about her in the last series.
    I don't think she's ****, but there's something about her that annoys me a bit... but without Amy there would be no Rory, so I put up with her :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Sort of agreed on that point. It was basically a show about a really annoying companion who the Doctor happened to be following last season.

But she is :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Rose Tyler still has my vote for the best companion, the others just dont have the same connection with the Dr

It obviously can't be River, right? She died in the library episode? I'm guessing it's the Doctor but in a roundabout way ie they/we think he dies but he's actually held somewhere as prisoner or perhaps even Amy but can't be Rory again?

But it also says one of them dies in the series opener ie in the first episode? So I'm guessing whoever it is comes back again at some point so either River or Amy regenerates into Idris but that doesn't seem likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    That's intriguing. It can't be the Doctor, it can't be Amy because she's been confirmed for the next few series, it can't really be Rory again because that would be stupid, so it has to be River. Although I highly doubted that as well! Oh God!

I'm interested: why have they all got tally charts on their arms?
    Can't be River either because we've already seen her death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Can't be River either because we've already seen her death.
    ...We have? Is this a spoiler, or something I've just blindly missed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    ...We have? Is this a spoiler, or something I've just blindly missed?
    In the library? First time the doctor meets her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    It obviously can't be River, right? She died in the library episode? I'm guessing it's the Doctor but in a roundabout way ie they/we think he dies but he's actually held somewhere as prisoner or perhaps even Amy but can't be Rory again?

But it also says one of them dies in the series opener ie in the first episode? So I'm guessing whoever it is comes back again at some point so either River or Amy regenerates into Idris but that doesn't seem likely.
    Maybe Amy is River? That'd be a bit weird but possible, I guess.

Oh, I'm so intrigued! I can't wait another 19 days!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.